Villareal vs Real Madrid | La Liga | Matchday 4 | 09/14/13 | 22:00 (Local)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not worried about Ronaldo scoring goals, he will score and it'll be close to Messi levels --will they be efficient or due to a horrendous number of shots is the main question. Also, you can't deny the absolute magic that Ozil and Ronaldo had together, along with Benz --DiMaria was the weak link in terms of understanding. Now you have only Benz and Ronaldo remaining as starting attackers from that 4 ---even if Isco can prove himself on the same level as Ozil in terms of creativity, you have to assume that there is going to be a dramatic fall off in terms of understanding. Perhaps it will come with time, but you had magic already, I'm not sure I see the reasoning in fudging with that magic. And as a Bale fan (just not down with the timing), I am not sure in how Ronaldo and BAle will work together, since they are very similar creatures.

2. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I feel Isco as a false 9 would nullify many of his strengths. Ozil would have been a very good false 9 but that ship has sailed.

I know Benzema had a bad match, but our front three was always going to play horribly considering we could barely hold onto the ball in midfield at times.

What I don't understand is how we could go from what we saw in preseason to this. I know it's preseason, but damn the defending in midfield was phenomenal. I'm not sure if Pepe is truly on the decline but if he is that's up to the midfield to shield hide him as much as possible.

Ramos and Pepe wouldn't be nearly as lambasted if we could rectify a problem we've had ever since I've started following this team: defend as a ********ing unit.

3. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

What about ''SELL Ronaldo and Bale and GET SHITKO'' OTT Thread? :D

Benchwarmer of Man City > Ronaldo and Bale...

...said no one ever.

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #929 s7kru, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    it was not entirely the problem of the defenders, as the midfield couldn't intercept any balls and that was one of the main reasons why the Villarreal players were easily dribbling through them. If all 3 midfielders didn't know whether they should be defending or attacking, the coach's clearly responsible for that.

5. TumE

TumE Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been following this forum for a while and now decided to join in.

People are pressing the panic button after we draw at Villarreal after an NT break. Villarreal will be a europa league team come next season (They have the quality) and had 2 weeks of nothing. While all our players were with NT's and few got injured. Add to that, Villarreal play excatly the type of game that has been killing us for as long as I can remember.

You can delude yourself's and go hysteric about this game. You can also say that we are playing the worst football ever. All which is total bullshit and makes you look like an ignorant fool who:
    1. Doesn't know anything a bout football
    2. Doesn't understand that team gelling takes ALOT more time then a few preseason friendlies.
    3. Has never done any sport, NT games and travelling are more demanding physically than normal league games.
    4. The other team is on the pitch as well and hey, they can play good, even great (which was the case with Villarreal) and by playing can actually get a result.

Or ball retetition is already better than it ever was with Mou, so is our movement in the final third. The defence has been all around the place, but that given with the ever changing MF. Once we gel it will be all good. Until then we have enough individual talent to get us through the league games.

sleepyvato50, raven3k and Eddie repped this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like you, welcome to the board!

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not really, spacing is much less of an issue with counterattacking football where with two passes you're on the other end. Positioning is much more important with counter attacking football. With possession style football, spacing and movement off the ball are much more important as you need to provide the ball holder with passing outlets. Many atimes on Saturday, we had the three midfielders disoriented and sitting in one line in our own half, and the front three way up the field making runs, forcing the midfielders to send long, low success rate passes upfield.

I don't think the coach's plan is to play with no width. They're loading up the left side Ronaldo, Isco, and Marcelo when all three are healthy. Ronaldo is playing more inside than he was last year, and the goal is to have Marcelo overlap behind him to provide width. Obviously, you'll have th opponent heavily shifted to the left, leaving tons of space on the right for Bale to go on his runs.

That's the plan. It hasn't worked over the course of a full game yet, but we're so early in the season. I'm much less worried about the team offensively than I am defensively. Too many breakdowns defensively on Saturday. Zero pressure from the front 3. Benzema loses the ball, and doesn't bother prressing the defender, same with the other two. The midfielders were forced to push much higher than they should have, which worked perfectly in the Villarreal's plan.

Meh, my bad. I realized he won the Copa as soon as I posted that. The point still stands, coaches were fired after winning La Liga with the same style that he was playing.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Villareal bought about 5 players of average quality compared to the team that Castilla comfortably beat last season. They spent less on all of their business this summer than we spent on Isco.

There are no excuses. Villareal are an average team that is playing for a comfortable finish to the season.
    Every time we drop point, either the excuse "they were really up for it, they are a great team" will pop up, or a "their goal keeper saved everything", or how about "the referee!".

We played crappy, and that's the bottom line. Whether we'll keep playing like this, is anybodies guess, but i'm not going to spend 100s of millions in the summer and complain about the international break or a handful of injuries against a team from the Segunda Division.

Style repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're not providing Ronaldo with the quality chances that we were last season. I think Isco will comfortably score more goals than all our "10s" of the past few years, but i don't see him as the player that will manage the midfield and deliver the top notch pass every few minutes. That's Modric' job, and he seems to be very busy in holding the midfield together.

Style repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has been plenty of criticism in this thread over MADRID's performance, so not sure big excuses are being made. Tons of people have said we played crappy. But they must be given some credit, they played well enough to get the draw and score 2 goals. We have and will play shitty against many teams who still won't have enough to get a point and play well doing it. They did, salute to the them and we've got plenty of work to do.

raven3k, sleepyvato50 and Madrid_1902 repped this.