Villareal vs Real Madrid | La Liga | Matchday 4 | 09/14/13 | 22:00 (Local)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    He hasn't played a single minute with Real Madrid all preseason

2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He played all 90 minutes in Gothenburg unless my eyes deceive me.

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Blondie played in preseason and is playing for Portugal.

4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #29 saadomar, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Yeah now is not a time for gambles. Play Coentrao instead of Nacho, Coentrao is playing pretty good for Portugal. You can also cast Arbeloa as a LB. I think Bale gets a run out depending on the situation, if we're tied in the 2nd half, I think Carlo might take the risk. Although I would advise otherwise.

5. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Will Isco be back in time for this game?

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #31 saadomar, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    It's an ankle injury, it depends. Could be, could not be. I'd say he won't be because the physios would say it's too risky. Since Oezil is here no more, we can't risk having Isco out for too long. Better safe than sorry. We're playing a recently promoted Villarreal, so this match shouldn't be too hard. Even w/o Isco and Marcelo we have too much quality to beat this team.

7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    We have too much quality to beat the majority of teams we face but it doesn't always go according to script. Villareal have started this season strongly, ahead of us in the standings on goal difference and they have players like Cani, Dos Santos, Viera, etc who could potentially cause us fits especially at El Madrigal and coming off an international break. We should smash them in theory but this could get tricky as well.

8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    these breaks are just aweful ;/ only injuries.

9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm just glad that CR7 is skipping that stupid friendly. Friendlies are so pointless to me, especially with megastars like Ronaldo and Bale playing in them, you have too much to lose and very little to gain. Now we're missing 3 of our starting XI right off the bat. I understand its an important year with the WC coming up, but I dunno how good it is for our players if there's so much pressure to win it all after a year of winning absolutely nothing (Supercup is meh).

10. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Marcelo, Ronaldo, Isco, Modric....just too much all at once..

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #36 saadomar, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    wow modric too? Icing on the cake huh? Hope we get to see Illarramendi finally. Been waiting forever to see him play again.

Edit: oh it's a quadricep injury, nbd if you ask me, even the doctors can't find it lmao. He'll be alright, he probably used it as an excuse to get out of the friendly. That Korea game is pointless, so good to stay safe. Missing WCQ games is inexcusable, but friendlies are just silly.

12. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    probably nothing serious with Ronaldo and Modric

In case all of them are injured I would play like this:

- Benzema -​

Di Maria - Jese

Khedira - Illarra - CASEMIRO

Coentrao - Ramos - Pepe - Arbeloa

Diego Lopez​

13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if Carlo will play Varane this game. I would like Varane to be eased in and replace Pepe.

14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Pepe has been playing very well though, he won't be dropped unless something disastrous happens.

Digital and dooda repped this.
  15. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    #40 screamingfields, Sep 9, 2013
    More than a few players can still have a chance here. If Ronaldo can't make it, Di Maria can. If Isco can't Jese can. It can work out. Coentrao can come in for Marcelo, I expect Varane and Illaramendi to step in too.

Bale's response should say where/when he should play. Ronaldo's response too is also important. Bale should realize Ronaldo hasn't been too interested in him, judging by his playing ways. So Bale should be prudent and see how it goes for him.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Trivote?

I don't see much creativity in that line up.

Lyra repped this.
  17. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #42 s7kru, Sep 9, 2013
    It's a 4-3-2-1 formation, and without Isco and Modric we don't have much creativity unless Di Maria (or Benzema) plays in the midfield, which seems unlikely.

18. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    #43 screamingfields, Sep 9, 2013
    If Bale wants to stay and improve, he has to push himself all the way, till he reaches his very limits of his powers to the top most level of everything. There is of course, a chance things don't go in the right direction and Bale's frustrations get to him. He can still try. There's no stopping him here. So long as he tries to bring his best games, even with false starts, he can succeed eventually.

19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. raul_elmatador

Jun 6, 2006
    Mumbai
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    9Qui, Lyra and saadomar repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't expect Bale to be of any real use until the end of February or so. The guy barely participated in any real pre season.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale has it worse than Modric did when he transferred here. I don't expect too much yet either.

23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    training session for the match against Villarreal.

[​IMG]

Ronaldo

[​IMG]

Varane

[​IMG]

o_O

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  24. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We still do not know how many of these injuries are real how many of them are "convenient" much like Bale's preseason "injury" for Spurs. Marcelo obviously looks very serious, and I would be that Isco's is probably for real, the rest of them just look like I don't want to play in meaningless International friendlies, especially since my spot is 100% guaranteed, re: Ronaldo, Bale, Modric.

Now is the time for Mr. Perez to sit Coentrao down and use some of his convincing skills. Make him understand that Madrid pays his salary, that his chosen transfer did not go through despite Madrid's full effort (complete lie), and now we are in a situation in which we should move forward with what is best for both sides. Which is, Coentrao needs to give his 100% for the team. Sitting on the bench at this point is of no use to Coentrao, get on the pitch and keep up your skills for when you leave to another team. Let's put by gone's behind us and move forward. His transfer will come soon enough, remember you love this game and show it on the pitch. Some BS like that should at least raise the likelyhood of Coentrao helping out a team in dire need. Of course none of this would be necessary if the idiot Perez wouldn't have concentrated on non-essential and some would say down right negative actions, and instead signed some much needed help for defense, but what are you going to do. It's too late to turn back time now, you gotta work with what you have.

25. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking forward to seeing how we do. This sort of feels like a completely new team without Oezil. Ok I'm exaggerating... but still looking forward to seeing how Bale and CR do.

I like this 4:00PM Sunday match time. It gives me time to get off work and will give our injured players more time to hopefully recover. Returning to the Madridgal... it seems like we haven't been there in forever eh?