Viduka at Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Aussies Abroad' started by AussieLionHearts, Dec 18, 2006.

1. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
  2. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Re: Viduka returns

A class act is the Dukes!

he will be hard to replace for sure, hopefully though Kennedy, who will most likely play the same role will be as if not more effective when he plays for Australia.

3. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Viduka said that he is sticking it out and going to play in the 2007 Asian Cup, he said that he already talked to Arnold.

4. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney

hopefully viduka can quickly get back into form in time for the asian cup finals!

5. Viduka18

Viduka18 New Member

Oct 18, 2006

Yep he is a legend, a champion. Should be back at Victory in the not to distant future, would carve it up.

6. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

viduka is starting to get skinny again, he has been fat for the past 3 years.. he's getting some energy back now!!

7. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney

Viduka's not fat! He's just......big boned. :(

8. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

lol nah he's been a bit over weight for a couple of years now, but he's starting to look really thin now like he did in his leeds days. cant wait till he comes to the victory :D

9. Azzballz the Great

Azzballz the Great New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Sydney

yeah, but unfortunetly i think he will come back too old, we dont need washed-up players at MVFC

10. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Viduka at Newcastle (formerly Middlesbrough) [R]

It's slipped under the radar a little, but Viduka is having probably his best season since he left Leeds. His nice little play on the weekend makes it 11 goals from 25 games in all competitions so far, which is solidly impressive (particularly with Yakubu doing so well, and Middlesbrough in general so poorly).

Doubt we'll see another 20-goal season from him at this stage in his career, but he should go close this year.

11. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: Viduka at Middlesbrough [R]

8 goals in 9 games i think it is now

12. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

good on ya dukes getting ready for MVFC.

13. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

^^
    I don't think he'll be heading there just yet.......I think he's got another few seasons in the prem left in him.

His form hasn't gone unoticed by me, he's been banging them in all over the place lately. Great to see!

14. ykickamoocow

ykickamoocow New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Australia
  15. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
  16. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

As i posted in the aussies abroad updates/results thread:

Viduka scored again last night in the FA Cup clash against West Brom. The match ended 1-1, Boro advanced in a penalty shoot-out. Big Dukes sure is doing well atm! Touch wood...... :)

17. The President

The President New Member

Mar 10, 2007

hopefully, geofray lord seems to think he will come

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I hope he doesn't go to Genoa. Can't see him leaving England though TBH.

20. nathanakata

nathanakata New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    MELBOURNE

Breaking: Viduka Signs With Newcastle

According to an exclusive report in England's The Sun, Mark Viduka is now a Newcastle United player.

Newcastle United has been a club long-linked with Viduka with a number of previous attempts to sign the striker following the playing retirement of Alan Shearer.

The city is also relatively close to Viduka's current home in the north of England - Viduka has stated that he feels settled in the area and would like to remain in England.

If the report is true, Viduka will be the first signing of new manager Sam Allardyce.

The striker - who is currently in Australia - has recently been linked with a number of clubs, most notably West Ham, Portsmouth and Italian side Genoa.

21. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I posted this in Aussies abroad. Doesn't matter though. :)

22. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney

Anyword on Duke's situation?? I heard Juve were interested in him that would be a great career move for him, even if I ain't that fond of Juve lol.

23. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/53508,blues-to-up-offer-for-viduka.aspx

Blues To Up Offer For Viduka

Birmingham are prepared to make Mark Viduka the highest-paid player in their history in a bid to lure him to St Andrews.
    But manager Steve Bruce still looks like losing out in his bid to sign the Australian international, who is available on a free transfer from Middlesbrough, with Newcastle remaining favourites to sign him.

Blues are willing to offer the 31-year-old striker a £60,000-a-week package as they recognise the need to bring in extra firepower following the return of the on-loan Nicklas Bendtner to Arsenal.

As things stand Cameron Jerome, DJ Campbell and Mikael Forssell are Bruce's striking options, although Gary McSheffrey could move from the left flank into the centre.

Viduka scored 19 goals for Boro last season and Bruce knows Birmingham need a proven marksman if they are to have a realistic chance of surviving in the Barclays Premiership after gaining promotion.

Copyright (c) 2007 Press Association

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Mark Viduka joined Newcastle on Thursday, becoming Sam Allardyce's first signing as manager.

The Australia international, who had been linked with the club for several months, signed a two-year contract after his contract with Newcastle's regional rival Middlesbrough expired at the end of the English Premier League season.

The 31-year-old forward passed a medical, the club said, and will boost a forward line that struggled for goals last season.

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

MARK Viduka has given his strongest indication yet that he will stand down from the Socceroos' home friendlies against Argentina and China next month, and may retire from international football altogether.

Prior to Saturday's dour 0-0 draw with Aston Villa, Viduka suggested that he would appease Newcastle United manager Sam Allardyce and remain in the UK during next month's international window. Allardyce has previously stated his desire for Viduka to rest during that period, making up for the time served on international duty at the Asian Cup.

Speaking to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle prior to the match against Villa, Viduka conceded that the commitment and travel involved in representing Australia might force his hand into announcing his international retirement ahead of next year's World Cup qualifiers.

"I am still deciding what I am going to do," Viduka said. "I do love playing for my country, but it is taking its toll, both physically and mentally."

And when asked his plans for the Socceroos' friendlies against Argentina and China, Viduka indicated that he would likely relinquish the national captaincy and focus on his St James' Park career.

"I'm new here," he said. "I might stick around and get used to the place and the rest of the players."