Victor Ibarbo news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MrPaisa, Jul 14, 2008.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I cant picture him going to Barca; there were Colombians who have a bigger resume than Ibarbo, with basically the same rumors and haven't went a team of that Caliber.

there many big teams interested in Colombian players and have those interest became a reality?
    No.
    We mention all the rumors here because we like to talk about them and hope etc etc, but deep inside we know that wont happen

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not saying I expect him to go to Barca. Just think he can go to a better team than Fiorentina.

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fiorentina is a good mid table team... The best Ibarbo can hope is going to a mid table team, who can pay the 10 M that probably Cagliari is going to ask for him. Maybe a Milan or Inter can surprise us, there is a slight minimal chance of Juventus... but im not sure.
    Also there are certain things that makes Fiorentina a good team for Ibarbo, they play the same way as Colombia. Their coach made Cuadrado who have basically Ibarbo's same playing style a more complete effective player also the fact that another Colombian plays on the team is always important and Ibarbo knows the Italian league and he is used to.

Ibarbo haven't fully evolve as a player. To send him to a big team will means he will be used mostly as a sub and will develop as an important sub but we need important starters. Fiorentina fits great for him, once he became the lead assiter or lead goalscorer or considered the most dangerous player of serie A then he is ready for a Barcelona Real Chelsea etc etc

4. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    Fiorentina would be a perfect choice, for the reasons mentioned. Players that haven't fully proven themselves (Ibarbo for exaple) shouldn't probably go to the biggest teams. There is always the risk you end up warming the bench. Falcao, James and even Cuadrado could make it in Real, Bayern, Juventus and so on. But for Ibarbo it's just better to go to a team where he would be a regular starter. Milan and Inter would be good choices also. But their problem is their history. They have more expectations and pressure from the fans and that makes things more uncertain.

minus repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree. I think he can develop at a bigger Club. As I said, not at Barca but at a team that will be of much more pedigree than Fiorentina.

And I believe a transfer to bigger club can be a real possibility if he has a great World Cup.

6. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    Ibarbo is only 23 and these next two or three years can be very decisive. What if Cuadrado went to Juve instead of Viola and didn't get enough minutes to develop himself? Cuadrados thread on this message board would be on page 13 at this moment.

Of course there is a good chance things could go well for Ibarbo in a big team. Just saying it's a bit risky.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ibarbo is a special case to me. Thing that distances himself from the other players is he is ready Physically. He is a beast or a monster as I have said in this thread a few times. You just can't teach that. You are either blessed with the physique or not.
    Add in the technique, the speed, futbol instincts and brain and I just don't see him failing at a big club. That is how much potential I think he has.

Now will he be a starter at a Big club right away? Probably not! BUT his role as a super sub could be his ticket to a big club and he will be fine with that role until he matures.

8. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    I agree with the first part, Ibarbo is a monster. But imagine him being a supersub at Real Madrid or Juventus for two years. Then imagine him being a regular starter at Fiorentina for two years. Which option is better for his development? I think the regular starter option. In three years he will be 26, that's just the right age to go to a big team. Hopefully that happens some day.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Or he can develop quickly at a team bigger than Fiore and be a starter right away. We shall see.

8baller repped this.
  10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    going to big teams is not always the best thing, specially for Colombian players who have an immense record of Choking when putting them in the spot, Falcao James or even Jackson are special cases who have a lot of pressure on their shoulders and had succeed.

Talent alone wont secure you success at a big team, and not even being the player's fault; players like Robben or Ibrahimobich weren't used properly at Real Madrid & Barcelona respectively.

Going to big teams is cool but not necessarily the best thing because big teams need finished products, they don't have time or patience to develop talent (it doesnt matter if you are Maradona, lol now that I think about it Barcelona sold Maradona to Napoli as a flop btw...).

8baller repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hear you.
    Colombians have not had a great track record but as I said, he is different than most Colombians I have seen. I think he will do fine wherever he goes.

12. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    This. Big teams fight for titles, its not in their interest to develop young players. Smaller teams are usually even more experienced in developing young talents.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that he'll do well in any giant team; he's a lot more agile for a guy his size than I would ever expect and clearly knows how to play and make full use of his stature.

14. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Golaazzoooo!!!

HomietheClown repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Crap I missed it. You watching on some bootleg internet feed? :laugh:

16. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't see the goal but since it was Ibarbo who scored I assumed it was a "golazo" :D

elviejomen and HomietheClown repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    :laugh:

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its funny cause when you wrote Golazo I thought ; "why every time Ibarbo scores has to be a freaking golazo"

Bombay and HomietheClown repped this.
  19. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But I wasn't lying.

minus and elviejomen repped this.
  20. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :ROFLMAO: thats so Ibarbo!

ryu79 repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The way he shoots the ball looks so cool. Almost like looking at a slow motion type of kung fu movie.:D

elviejomen repped this.
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    really hope he stays healthy for the cup. he brings a diff dimension that opponents wont have seen on our film that much.

kromekote and elviejomen repped this.
  23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it would be a nice step up from the team he is currently on. He also would be playing in champions League matches.

As for their attacking style I think he would fit in perfectly. If not as a starter as a super sub off the bench.

Not too many negatives I could see if he goes there.

25. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    anyyyyything would be better than Cagliari, that team is reaaaaly bad and they need Ibarbo to solve their attacking issues which Ibarbo cant; he is a really interesting prospect, but you cant expect to rely on him to solve everything. At least Roma have a good infrastructure for him to develop, plus they are going to play Champions League so Ibarbo will have opportunity to play and Roma is doing great lately. I hope this thing becomes true, at least loan the guy because at Cagliari he will never improve