Victor Ibarbo news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MrPaisa, Jul 14, 2008.

1. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Re: Victor Ibarbo

4 millones de dolares? eso es mucha plata por un man, que no se ah mostrado mucho.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

4 million for 80% this kid must have been as good as Essien in the game against Spain haha

Alot of players on this team I think are going to europe especially ones in small clubs like Meija, Cardenas, Arroyo who wont go for too much money

3. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

javier reina has a really good future too

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

It is true that the management of the club does know how to sell players and the teams abroad knows us also when they saw players who were exported abroad from Nacional and were big success or very talented (Escobar, Asprilla, Angel, Cordoba, Aristizabal, Zuniga, Ospina). Maybe Udinese has scount in Colombia after they saw how good Cristian is and not so much expensive so they decided to explore the Colombian players more deeply (Aguilar is their player, Harold Martinez was so close to sign).

From what I saw, Victor is a great potential and reminds me of Freddy Rincon not just in his physical looks. Has great ball control, technic, very fast and strong I really want to see him succee in Italy and he definitly can make it there, he can manage the physically of the Italian players.

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Who is this kid? Must admit that I'm totally caught off guard and am gonna have to watch some more of the u20 games!

The most encouraging part of this from my perspective is seeing the commitment Udinese has to Colombian talent -> their signing of Aguilar clearly hasnt worked out as they'd hoped (yet), but Cristian must really have won over their front office because I think this is their fourth Colombian signing, right? And all kids. Its awesome.

(Didn't they try to sign Pino before Monaco did?)

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He's going to have to invent a time machine to help us in that tournament, Pibe! =)

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Why not? You're an ivy league trained lawyer and love Colombian footie - can't be too many of those around to represent these kids properly.

8. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Lol, add to the fact that I hate law. This profession is a complete disaster. Wouldn't mind the career switch actually.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i want to be a sports agent.... but my rents and my school are like ur going to be a doctor/lawyer or accountant

Posso is my hero

10. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

the life of a lawyer is a nightmare. Unless you are solely motivated by money and a pretentious lifestyle, then stay away from it. The people are soulless, the work is mind-numbing, and the money isn't worth it. I never agreed with telling your kids to pick the doctor/lawyer career and making them feel bad about not doing so. My parents did that, and I actually resent them for it. But oh well, I'm still 28 and have plenty of time to switch careers.

Plus, most doctors can't do law, and vice-versa.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Most agents are lawyers though. Its key to be able to negotiate and structure contracts.

So if thats what Crazy wants to do - then his parents advice isn't so bad.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

JAJAJAJA :D if he is going to invent the time machine, I prefer to set it back to 1994, I can garentee you that this time we'll make it to the final!! It's a shame to waste such a perfect team like we had! :eek:

13. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

no not at all. Very wrong there Ryu, a corporate lawyer and a sports agent are two different things. Trust me, comparing both would be a jump to conclusions. Try telling Lebron James' rep if he would like to work out a hundred page merger memo for siemens.

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I didn't say they are the same thing. But its really useful to have a law degree to be a sports agent and that is a fact.

The assistant DA of Manhattan covering appeals has an entirely different job than that corporate lawyer you describe drawing up a merger memo for Siemens, but they both had to get a JD to practice. Same goes for the guy who has to negotiate and structure the complex contract for Lebron next time.

You can become an agent by moving up ranks at IMG or Octagon and making connections, or just stumbling into them (like have your kid be an athlete or be one yourself) without the JD, but you'll need to partner-up with someone with a legal background to get things done and most of the major agents I know of (the dudes sitting next to the guys waiting to be picked at the NFL draft) have law degrees for precisely this reason.

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Anyway...back to Victor Ibarbo!

Am excited to see him play on Wednesday with the U20s. Just double checked and GolTV will be airing the match live.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

so people are saying he isnt going to Udinese????

any legit sources from that because every soccer site said he was going to... but 4 million I can see why it failed

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

no he visto ninguna pagina q diga q el gro no se va a ir a Udinese o q el negocio se haya caido, creo q es mas especulacion de los foristas, el man hizo un torneo desastroso porq el equipo era desastroso, el tiene la suficiente habilidad y fuerza como para jugar en Italia ademas alla puliran sus defectos.

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

I havnt heard anything about that, but to be honest im not at all surprised. But to think that Abel, who was way more of a complete player when Udinese got him, could never break in over there doesnt give me alot of reassurance for Ibarbo. Though when you think of what theyve done for Zapata, it may just be a great move for Ibarbo.

And o ya, Jarol Martinez?????

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

lo escuche en el alarge del lunes en caracol.com

pues discutian el futuro de cardonita, en su regreso con el botin de oro sub17
    decian que sin la platica del negocio de Ibarbo, les tocaria negociar o empujar un posible negocio con Cardona.

era muy claro- nada de especulacion

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

otro gol de ibarbo ayer vs el distraido envigado
    en copa postobon
    los grandes le apuntan a la copa postobon para ir a la copa nissan

edwin cordoba tambien metio su gol en el parque sur

21. corazonazul

corazonazul Member

Jun 29, 2007
    canada

parece q la copa colombia va ser entretenida despues de todo, es q con ese torneo tan malo, esta copa lo va complementar

22. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

so this kid staying????

I knew that 4 million dollar price tag was BS !!!

23. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL

whats up with cardona

24. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

They are both staying the Udinese thing never happened becuase he only had 1 good game in the sub 20 tournie then we became crap

This every player going to Udi needs to stop, same with all our players going to Steaua.... aren't their other teams in those countries that might want us

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cardona will stay with us....Until we'll receive a good offer on him (they won't release him to any other Colombian team).

As for Ibarbo, I don't know if he'll go for Italy or not, he's definitly a very talented player and showed his potential whenever I saw him play but no doubt that the U-20 Suramericano was a disappointment for him personally also. We all had huge expectations from him and he couldn't handle the pressure. At this time he was supposedly "close" at Udinese and I bet that they sent their scout to follow Ibarbo. His impressions probably weren't that good and they said that 4 million dollars are way too much for the kid (which is probably true). I thinkn this kid needs to prove much more in our league before he will go abroad.