Vergara: Chivas need their own home, in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by tab5g, Nov 14, 2012.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thank you very much! I remembered his face but couldn't remember his name. He went to Monroe Elementary School around the corner from my house in San Jose before heading down to Mexico. Can't recall but I think I saw a few of his youth games in San Jose. You know how he is doing down there?

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If they're not the club you follow (I can't tell), why do you care?

3. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorta like that one neighbor who doesn't mow their lawn, its not your lawn but they're collectively making others nearby look like shit.

4. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    And with MLS as a single-entity (kinda like a HOA), there's no reason that specific lawn/club shouldn't be as presentable and nice as all the other lawns/clubs are being kept.

raymondleone and Flex Buffchest repped this.
  5. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Padilla is rumored to be heading back to MLS/Chivas USA.

6. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey bro your lawn has been looking like shit for years. Wait do they have grass in Dallas?

athletics68 and SYoshonis repped this.
  7. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does one person out of many do anything collectively?
    The analogy holds if the HOA allowed the homeowner to leave his lawn as he pleases, and a few annoying friends of other homeowners constantly whine about it. In that case, would (and should) the HOA really care?

But yes, people who can't stop complaining about the Chivas USA name do bear a striking resemblance to busybody neighbors. I don't consider that a good thing.

Allez RSL repped this.
  8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    by operating within a single-entity? (It's not the actions that are always "collective" -- but it is the impact that is broader than simply "how does this affect that one team.")

or perhaps we could simply re-arrange the initial sentence from Soyrizo to be a bit clearer:
    sorta like that one neighbor who doesn't mow their lawn, its not your lawn but they're making others nearby look collectively like shit.

That would be a fairly bad HOA structure and operations, imo, if it were to allow that. And apparently MLS is working to not have to operate with such allowances.

admittedly, it is a crummy analogy (in many ways).

first and foremost based on the reality that ChivasUSA is a tenant at LAG's place. (Vergara doesn't yet have his own structure/lawn to worry about maintaining for his MLS needs.)

And this thread is (or could be) a discussion about the prospects for getting ChivasUSA their own pad to maintain separately.

HOA's (perhaps like MLS) probably do prefer that venues not be shared dwellings, when the better presentation and collective operations likely involves everybody primarily occupying and worrying about their own place.

(the flimsy argument could also be extended in some ways to MLS's "tenant" agreements in NE and Seattle -- although those arrangements seem much more workable, in Seattle at least, to those current owners who appear to be in less of a rush to get a separate venue for their MLS team specifically.)

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL....Guess he isn't doing good......;)

Flex Buffchest repped this.
  10. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since this "incident", Vergara has been more pragmatic about the inclusion of Mexican Americans playing for Chivas de Guad and possibly another national team (i.e. USMNT). Which would explain Cruyff's recent comments about nationlized players. I doubt it becomes more than fodder for the press, but you never know.

Ironically, Padilla had been starting for the Mexican goats this past season. He sucked in the MLS.

11. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he has not been starting, he comes off the bench. and the comments of cruyff had been cleared up that players who play for other national teams are not allowed.

12. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    So did Isaac Romo--another former Chivas USA forward who has gone on to have a nice career in Mexico.

Both were just 22 when they played for CUSA. That's the detail that's missing here.

Not many 22-23 year old forwards are lighting it up in MLS. Guys like Darren Mattocks or Will Bruin are very much the exception.

As Dallas has found out with its successful Academy but largely unsuccesful transition to the first team, MLS is not kind to younger attacking players unless they have bigtime speed or size advantages.

Guad. should learn its lesson and limit any younger loanees to flank players or perhaps a promising 2nd CB who could learn from a veteran. One-upping the Draft with its own products in certain positions might work, but if they want to turn this thing around in any reasonable timeframe, the spine of the team has to have significant experience and be formed from a core of veterans.

tab5g repped this.
  13. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. My bad.

14. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I Can Only Select One Club To Follow Under Our Personal Details Page of Big Soccer. Otherwise mine would have had both Los Angeles Teams as well as the New York Cosmos.

[​IMG]

I'm a Big MLS / US Soccer Proponent, I want this league and national team to one day be mentioned in the same conversation (in a positive light) with the very best leagues & national teams this beautiful planet has to offer.

15. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other members as well as this wikipedia page are mentioning that he's at Club Deportivo Guadalajara at the moment. I'm not aware of how he is performing.