van Persie Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GrimsbyGooner, Jul 21, 2012.

?

where will RvP end up?

1. Manchester City

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Manchester United

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Juventus

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. other

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    For clarity, and to minimize those who will try to make up reasons for his decision outside of the truth (you know..the one he actually said). ;) He reasoning isn't very far-fetched especially since many people, including many on this forum, have had the same gripe that he has and that RvP has publically made his view known for many years. It's consistent.

2. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yea, theres a lot of smoke coming from Old Trafford on the RVP front...

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I dunno, maybe he's tired of being asked the question of when/if he was going to sign an extension? I have no idea if he reads the comments on his website or his twitter account (if he has one), nor do I care, but he obviously gets asked all the time by journalists, I'm sure Wenger's been asking him... I would feel badgered after such interrogations.

4. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, because once you put that out there the interest from journos will magically stop asking you any questions...

And his response to a question from his manager is to post something on his website rather than just give the man his answer?

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It's all over twitter and foxsoccer is talking about how much RVP would mean to United right now. It's bound to happen. I'm hoping it's at least 18-23m and we can sign a decent back up like Kevin Miralles and maybe even bring in M'Vila or Sahin.

6. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about stepping in and meeting Bayer's asking price for Schurrle? Seems like a good young striker. Expensive but apparent quality. A bit of a different skill set and stealing a player in whom Chelsea have had a strong interest would seem to send a message.

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kind of interesting how the M'Vila talk has dried up. I'm guessing that Wenger didn't like what he saw at the Euros.

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It makes me wonder if we were ever really in for him. Especially since he's reported to be available for 8-10m now. If that's true and we do sell RVP I don't see why he wouldn't be a great buy.

9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it curious as well. A couple of twitters though are convinced that he will still come to AFC and that perhaps AW is waiting for a good deal for Song.

10. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why Kevin Miralles? Because his name appeared in the last two days? What would he add to Arsenal, go ahead im very interested to hear your thoughts...

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SAF comments on RVP today.
    ". We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

I think he is being played by Arsene big time there.....He will have to fork some decent fee for RVP if he really wants him. at least £ 25 M.

12. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    haha. SAF is just being a grumpy c unt because PSG swooped in and stole Lucas Moura from under his feet. I would be shocked if we approve this deal. Can we just sell him to Juve for 20 mil and get rid of this clown?

13. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    For whatever reason, probably because of when I became a fan of Arsenal, selling to Manchester United seems really, really wrong.

**Started following the team in 2000.

14. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i would take 7 to 10M less from Juve to get RVP out of our league, if he is so desperate to leave AFC.
    never understood selling to teams that you are in direct competition with.

15. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Because he has a really impressive goal to games played ratio and is still relatively young/cheap. We don't need a Llorente, Negredo etc type signing anymore. With Poldi and Giroud we have enough firepower with out without RVP. From what I've seen from him, though very little, he's very agile, quick and can also play on the wings. He won't add anything that we don't have but he would give us more options. Something we've obviously lacked and for 7m why not? He would probably need a lot more time to adapt though.

Has anyone heard anything over Bendtner? Any new bids?

16. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    In the past 10 years what's United's trophies compared to ours? That's probably why he would prefer to go there. I think our squad is better than theirs to be honest. But I thought that for the past maybe 2/3 years and they still won.

18. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think that. They're better at the back, and they're better on the wings, and lest we forget, they've beaten us 6 out of the last 7 times we've played them. As much as it pains me to say it, and I absolutely LOATHE ManUre, those games weren't all that close either.

19. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Well my point was that their results are far better than ours. However, I still think we have the better team. I think our defense is slightly below theirs and their wings are better than ours. However our midfield is far better than theirs.

20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know about this. Ferguson is being a muppet here - he's trying to make Arsenal look unreasonable in the press. He, and everyone else with half of a brain (i.e. everyone other than Wayne Rooney) know that Arsenal don't want to sell to a rival. Period.

21. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know how you can say this. United, on multiple occasions over the last few years, have had three goal or better leads against us. It's very nice to talk up your squad on paper, but the results on the field speak for themselves. It's very nice to say they don't have a midfield, but they haven't had a midfield since the 07/08 season, since which time they've won two league titles, and been to two CL finals. You don't do that with a weak squad - their squad is built on the idea that you can bypass the midfield and attack almost exclusively through the wing. And it's worked out rather well.

22. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    ok just to reiterate. Here is what I'm saying again. In my opinion... If I were to pick a squad , on paper, player for player who is better.. I would pick Arsenal's squad. Yes, the results in a sense speak for themselves. But results can be due to many more things than individual players. The experience, mindset, coaching. Also, I'm not jut talking about the starting 11. I'm talking the whole squad. We have more talent IMO.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal will sell to a rival if the price is right. Last year they sold Nasri to City. Would be management malpractice if Arsene gets a £ 25 M bid from MU forRVP and rejects it only to lose him on a free next year. Will not happen.

24. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It pains me to think of RVP in either Manc uniform. It's really unforgivable. If he leaves, I'll boo him the loudest.

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If wenger sells him to utd he needs a slap, we better get welbeck in return