van Persie Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GrimsbyGooner, Jul 21, 2012.

?

where will RvP end up?

1. Manchester City

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Manchester United

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Juventus

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. other

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    If Juventus offered Liverpool £50m for Suarez, they'd have stuck him on the plane to Italy before you could say the words orthodontist and racist.

2. LFCeasierthan123

Jul 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Not sure we would.

I hope we wouldn't anyway. Suarez is happy at Liverpool and not many attacking players around who we could get better than him. Regardless what fee we got. We got £50 million for Torres, if you spend it wrong you're buggered.

3. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Arsene said we haven't received an offer for RvP. Interesting to hear that after Fergies comments. Either someone is lying, or there is a difference of opinion on what constitutes an offer...

"What do you mean I didn't use the special 'transfer offer' paper in the fax machine? And why does it have to be written in green for gods sake?"

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Van Persie is getting just hammered on twitter... guy makes a tweet, and my whole timeline rips him a new one...

5. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Yeah, Twitter is a little mad like that.

Part of me wishes people would just leave him alone, but another part of me thinks "ha, I bet he's realising his message to his fans, his 'guys' didn't go down quite as well as he hoped"

6. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    why am i not following you miles? whats your handle?

7. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want him to do a Rooney, those tweets drive you nuts. Already past that and want the pound of flesh, brings a smile.

Kind of feeling like the massive silence after the "message" came down spoke more than an apology and I just can't be bothered anymore. Don't get me wrong, he spouts off again and I'll get all fired up but, barring additional fuel, I am too happy with all we do seem to be doing to sweat the lone rat running down the gangplank.

8. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    Why are you guys still following RvP on twitter? I unfollowed him on the 4th of July after it became clear he was outta here.

9. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    It's not so much that I think the abuse will make him change his mind, as I'd be amazed if a few pictures of mums holding babies in RvP Arsenal tops and threats to be over familiar with his mum would make a difference either way, it's simply that I hope he's realised he can't pull the wool over our eyes.

And yes, like you, I can't be bothered with it, pretty much as soon as he'd come out with that my only concerns were about what happens to Arsenal.

10. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not? He is still an Arsenal player. When he leaves, I'll unfollow him.

11. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what you are saying but, if a player is wondering if he can go home again and everytime he looks at his Twitter (hmmm, that sounded very Brett Favre...) he is being slagged off, I have to think he might overreact to that, just as players overreact to a few yobs in the stands. By no means do I think it is a reason, just think it might be the straw.

Do see the point in this telling him that the message didn't work but I think the rapidity with which it was taken down was already an admission of that.

12. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
  13. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I thought it was taken off not long after it was posted. Eh, back to mildly hating him just from rereading that vomitous spin. I'd write more but I have been inspired to slag him off on Twitter...:devilish:

14. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our club is too classy, but when he goes I'd take his dad's art to the curb too. :) JK

15. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Why JK? It seems like once Henry left, all the club's "Stand Up, Speak Up" stuff left with him.

16. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd put on ebay. lol

17. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Crappy art for sale. Seller not expecting to break even. Buyer beware: urine stains throughout and "dench" scratched into frame. Best offer."

18. tulorox17

tulorox17 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Indeed. 20M to have him out of the prem is worth it provided the club follow through on some of the other rumored moves. If his heart isn't with the club I'm all for keeping him away from City.

20. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    quick question here....have anyone considered this? What if RVP wants a 4 year contract and we only are offering him like 2?

21. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    Retweets.

22. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    I think I'm down to just following Bacary. Is anybody else good? And by good, I of course mean just not awful. Most athletes are awful and the Arsenal players are no different.

23. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    Then good move on Arsenal's part.

24. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Ironic as I just unfollowed Frimpong tonight. I'm tired of hitting 'view tweets' and hoping to see Cazorla/Sahin rumors/signings and see something with him. Complete waste of time.

25. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    ya i don't really follow athletes...

btw, if y'all give out your handles, i'd be happy to follow you.