van Persie Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GrimsbyGooner, Jul 21, 2012.

?

where will RvP end up?

1. Manchester City

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Manchester United

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Juventus

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. other

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GrimsbyGooner

GrimsbyGooner Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your friend certainly took a lot of words to say "I don't know".

3. GrimsbyGooner

GrimsbyGooner Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's what happens in the dead of summer with no other real news. Nothing new. So until we are certain we should not talk about the situation? He just said what are the most likely targets, and why he rules out the two Serie A teams... whether I agree or not. I happen to think they are just as in the mix as the Premier League teams.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    why make this thread when there are a bunch of other threads talking about this?

did you just want to promote your "friends" blog again?

5. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Im hoping Milan throw alot of their Ibra/Silva money our way for RVP...

6. ChapacoSoccer

ChapacoSoccer Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    screw RVP's family concerns. If somebody in Italy makes a decent bid, then tell him that's his only option. Arsenal has to fight back on this, sometimes team and supporter morale mean more than money.

7. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    let's just start a new thread called blogs my, uh, 'friend' wrote...

8. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Juventus have alledgedy made a £20m bid.

If this was a poker game, I think I would have just twitched slightly

9. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Would rather sell him to Juve for 20 than to one of the Manc clubs for 25.

10. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think holding him to his contract needs to be done regardless of bids. Unless it's something crazy that we couldn't turn down a message needs to be sent. You sign with the club, you stay with the club until your contract is over. No forcing your way out to go make more money, enough of it.

11. GunnerGator

GunnerGator Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just wanted to clear a few things up with regards to RVP and cost associated with him.
    If he requests a transfer then it would save Arsenal around 5 million euros?
    If he stayed this coming seeing and went out on a free would he still receive some type of loyalty bonus for staying all the way through his contract?

I kept thinking strictly from a financial perspective that with him Arsenal have a pretty damn good shot at staying top 4 with a small chance of winning it. The money from Champions League is obviously huge. How much would it take to make it worth selling him? Say, not making top 4 but receiving the $17 million. I would think we would have to make sure he requests a transfer. The issue of course is if this is about money he has made it nearly impossible to stay while not having to request a transfer.

With regards to the other teams really competing for the top 4:
    Manu still need some players in the middle and has some older players they are really going to rely on. Manc might not be quite as hungry and might buy into the hype a little bit after last year. They have also yet to bring anyone in. Spurs seem very likely to loss Modric. Chelsea are going to be changing up their system some and they have a fairly different team than last year. Could take a while to gel.

Just have to hope that if he is sold that the money is reinvested quickly to make sure we keep that top 4 spot and then hope that FFP evens the playing field out in the next few years so that Arsenal can really compete again for league titles.

12. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I voted City because I think that's where he'll sign next summer after his contract expires.

13. The Angel

The Angel Member

May 24, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We should keep him unless the offers go up to at least 30 mil. RvP knows he's treading a thin line because it is unlikely he will repeat last year's performance, due to either injury or fall in form. The way I see it there are 3 possible outcomes:

1) He has a great year to maintain his value; we stay in the CL. Easily worth 20 mil (ref. Arshavin)

2) He gets hurt, value plummets, no buyers after next season, let's see if he eats crow and re-signs (setting example for other members of the squad in the process)

3) Dip in form--see #2

Of course, the higher the offer the more difficult it is to justify foregoing CL qualification esp. given the risk #2 or 3 could happen. But unless that happens I can't foresee the club selling him on financial grounds--there's still value we could get out of him in his last year.

But the armband's gotta go to someone else after his clear failure in leadership--TV5 gets my vote.

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if RVP has a 20 goal season this year and is injured a few games, he will probably still get the same amount in salary next year in terms of a signing on fee being raised because the club would not pay a transfer fee.

If a club is willing to pay over 20 million, we need to get rid of him.

15. ChapacoSoccer

ChapacoSoccer Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The club has to make him hand in the transfer request. They have to make it as painful as possible for RVP. Of course, Kroenke is the real one to blame here, he should call Wenger up and tell him he's willing to make up the loss, and he understands the need to play hardball.

But I am more and more worried Kroenke does not understand his investment. Look at Liverpool, once a team is out of the top 4 is is going to take a huge investment to get back in. And he isn't going to to have Wenger around forever to make up for the low team investment.

16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. for anything over £ 20 M, let him go. I don't care about the dude anymore. From some twitter reports, he may have already agreed with Juve.
    One interesting tidbit form the Mirror (i know..not a very reliable source), RVP wanted to join the tour in Asia but Wenger objected and decided to leave him behind.

Ben Fairthorne@BFairthorne
    #RVP advisors already agreed contract terms with #Juventus it's now just if Juve can reach an agreement with #Arsenal
    #RVP could be gone by end of the week from what I'm hearing.#Arsenal
    1h
    "Robin van Persie was ordered to miss Arsenal’s pre-season tour by Arsene Wenger.
    The Dutch striker wanted to go on the trip to China and south-east Asia and told his Arsenal team-mates he was keen to be part of the preparations for the new season.
    But in their meeting, boss Wenger told Van Persie he felt it was best for the striker to remain in England."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-robin-van-1153343

17. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    did they have permission from arsenal to speak to juventus to agree this contract?

18. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    It's possible. Clubs do sometimes allow players to agree personal terms before agreeing a fee, but if he's agreed terms with Juve, I bet he's also done it with ManC too.

And we wont get anywhere near £30m for him.

19. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    just get it over with so we can get cazorla.

20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We should sell him to Anzhi. They have the money and can pay the wages.

21. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitched? It would only have looked like a twitch because my hand would have been moving at lightspeed for my pen.

20 million and we can be done with this nightmare? Great! And he doesn't stay in the league? Even better!

Chelsea are going to get turned off on the 35 million nonsense about Lewandoski [s[?] and Utd are getting waxed in Brazil so both of them will be turning toward other options soon. With RvP off the board it is 50/50 City stands pat or makes another move.

My point is that, if we can make a deal, we have a narrow window where we seem to have some of our suggested replacements to ourselves for the purpose of getting in our bids. We should take advantage of it.

22. LFCeasierthan123

Jul 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Where are Juve getting all this money from?

They were rumoured to want to partner Van Persie with Suarez. However they were saying they were going to bid around £25 million for Suarez. They'd need to double that and even then we probably wouldn't sell.

23. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Gotta love that scouse humour

24. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    I thought this thread was going to be about something else.

[​IMG]

25. LFCeasierthan123

Jul 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Wasn't a joke.

He has a long contract, is happy at our club and is our best attacking player.

He's not for sale and would take a massive amount of money for that to change.

Van Persie is only leaving due to his contract and him wanting to leave, that is not the case with Suarez.