Valencia vs Real Madrid | La Liga | Match day 17 | 12/22/13 | 21:00 (Local)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by surgeon, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    How much time and effort it take though? Since he links up play so much it shouldn't take than a second or two to a few examples from the Valencia game

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Has his game always been different? This isn't the Benzema I remember from Olympic Lyon. That Benzema played at pace, drove at defenders, looked to score first. Where has this gone? In his defense, we have seen some of this at times ... but his game seems to be regressing.

Ahmadi8 and Akramzizou repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats exactly it. I dont see the same Benz from old anymore, now he can barely get past one player and its not a matter of pace or ability, rather commitment and determination. Seems like he never wants the ball at his feet, needs to get rid of it, and when he is forced to go on his own he is very slow to think and fails at the first defender.

This is a completely different Benzema from the one who almost knocked out eventual champions Man UTD on his own in 08 (a complete one man show), or the one against Italy in Euro 08.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His role is different and playing alongside Ronaldo tends to do that to a player. I was talking about his work rate and commitment. He does defer, but if the team doesnt suffer because of that, I don't mind.

5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's kitty litter for France too where there's no Ronaldo in sight.

Akramzizou repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not that I care too much how he plays for France, but you cant be one player for club and a completely different one for country.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He links up the play with Ribery and Nasri.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Someone forgot to tell Podolski and Klose that they can't be different players at international level.

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Then why play him?!? If he isn't going to do a striker's job - which he isn't doing - play someone else. Ironically this was just being discussed one of the talk shows. Benzema doesn't score enough goals or work hard enough to be a '9' for this team .... he is basically another attacking mid. If that's the case, sit him and play a different formation.

His work rate is garbage. That is the primary problem. And as a result of that, the team does suffer.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  11. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just went back and watched some clips of Benzema at Lyon. Do my eyes deceive me or was he MUCH faster?