Valencia vs. Real Madrid [La Liga Day 20: 01/20/13 15:00 EST] - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    someone called?

[​IMG]
    teehehee

Doni, sleepyvato50, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  2. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did a certain someone say that our problems in defence has not been because Ramos and Pepe playing together? :D

Well since Ramos and Pepe have not been playing together, we have kept 4 consecutive clean sheets and probably seen the best defence of the season so far.

Just putting it out there. Ramos + Pepe = clueless.

3. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That won't change the fact that Albiol is the worst defender of the team :geek:

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Question: did Pepe and Ramos play together during our run last season?

Question: have you noticed the difference in how the rest of the team is defending? I'm sure you don't thinking is about the four players closest to the keeper, and especially not the two in middle. Any thing worth pointing about out the entire team's approach to defending?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hold on a second, I thought the clean sheets were because Mourinho benched Iker? :eek:

Minduchio, Cris 09 and Alma Merengue repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker definitely improved after he came back on. Both in performance and attitude. At the end of the day, it's his own doing that he reflected on a lot of things and possible gained new motivation, but the drama certainly has brought an improved Iker.

Somehow i feel like we play with a deeper defensive line when Pepe and Ramos are missing, that makes sense, since both of them feel like they are fast enough to catch up to somebody slipping through.

nicafornica repped this.
  7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That certainly may be part of it, but for most of this season I hadn't seen the team press further up the pitch the way we did in this last match. And it wasn't nonsensical, headless chicken, ball chasing pressure... it was smart, more coordinated, more energetic.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the Bernabeu we had Marcelo making more interceptions and snatching the ball away before it reaches the player, than anybody else all season. This is the first time i really noticed this, it really stood out.

At the Mestalla we looked well prepared. I also think that Varane is a very very calm player, and Albiol is being sold short on this forum. Ironically, Xabi Alonso, the player who does the most of the chasing around, didn't have to do that much, which resulted in him having a tidy game.

nicafornica, realM11, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  9. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Bingo!! Whether it is Xabi Alonso or someone else.

As for Varane, kid has all the potential in the world. It will be interesting to watch his minutes as he tries to earn a spot for France heading into 2014.

10. realM11

realM11 Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Next year he going to make that position the Varane role.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure about the worst defender on the team, but to the core, Albiol is a fine defender. Simple as.

nicafornica and Minduchio repped this.
  12. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Based on what? The cleansheets?
    Albiol is a terrible defender, every time he gets the ball he simply shoots the ball to the opponent's goalie. He also can't give decent passes. Carvalho and even Nacho are better defenders

13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Just no.

14. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    seems useful ... not.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who should replace Ramos at CB while Ramos shifts to RB.

16. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you seem more useful than albiol...... NOT.

get dafuq outta here. Albiol played a GOOD game, not GREAT but GOOD game, last match.