Valencia CF 2013-14 Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by ironcub14, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought it'd be nice to discuss Valencia CF in BigSoccer for this season, so I just wanted to kick-start things off here :)

It seems there's a lot of off-the-field drama happening right now with the president resigning recently and such, I'm just getting my news from Eurosport about this for now. I haven't digged into it too much, but I would love for other people to chime in and post other news articles they have seen :) I also like to read columns on La Liga from Phil Ball, Tim Stannard, Ben Hayward, Sid Lowe and Guillem Balague.

Anyways, every fixture for Valencia is about getting the all-important 4th place, and I hope we can take care of Real Valladolid easily tomorrow. Hope to chat with you all about the club, Amunt Valencia!

2. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    seems like a race for that fourth spot. sociedad is fighting tooth and nail for it as well..

4. Los Santos

Los Santos New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one has posted here in 3 years? This place is a ghost town it seems...

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Wow, a cricket thread.

Well, I was a Valencia fan years ago when I had access to cable that carried La Liga futbol. Valencia won the league a couple of times that period (2002, 2004) and the UEFA Cup (2004), and losing the Champions League finals in 2000 and 2001.

I see now where they lie 3rd in the table and could make it back into the Champions League again after a several year absence.

Anyway, just seeing if this thread can get jump started again.

10. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Transfer news (or rumours).

Barcelona badly want left back Jose Luis Gaya. Since they are low on transfer funds, they may be willing to trade two squad players, Martin Braithwaite and Carles Alena, for Gaya. Braithwaite is having a good Euro 2020(1) with the Denmark NT, and seems like a good addition for Valencia. I don't anything about Carles Alena.

11. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  12. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Both Valencia and Villareal are interested in taking goalkeeper David de Gea on loan from Manchester United.

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Valencia are in discussions with AFC Bournemouth to bring midfielder Jefferson Lerma to Valencia on a loan deal. Bournemouth bought him for Euros 25m back in 2018, but they are mired in the Championship and maybe want to lighten the wage load.

14. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    And today's transfer rumour is that Valencia are interested in Leed United's winger Helder Costa. The 27-year-old scored 3 goals and assisted on 3 for Leeds last season.

15. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Valencia beat Villarreal 3-2 today in a pre-season match.

Valencia CF: Cillessen; Thierry Correia, Alderete, G. Paulista, J. Vázquez; Hugo Guillamón, Musah, Racic; Fran Pérez, Diego López, Rubén Sobrino. Looks like a 4-3-3 formation.

Also played: Diakhaby, Cheryshev, Manu Vallejo, Piccini, Jorge Saenz, Adri Gómez, G, Molina, Jason, A. Marí.

Valencia Goals::
    1-2. Min. 68: Manu Vallejo.
    2-2. Min. 86: Manu Vallejo.
    3-2. Min. 90: Cheryshev.

16. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Valencia beat AC Milan on penalties 5-3 after a 0-0 draw in a friendly. One more week before the start of the 2021-2022 season.

Bordalas uses a 4-4-2 formation and it looked like this (facing the squad from opponent's end):

Giorgi Mamardashvili (GK)
    Thierry Correia, Gabriel Paulista (87′ Mouctar Diakhaby), Omar Alderete, José Gayà (87′ Jesús Vázquez Alcalde);
    Alessandro Burlamaqui (69′ Vicente Esquerdo), Jason (69′ Rubén Sobrino), Hugo Guillamón, Denis Cheryshev (81′ Manu Vallejo);
    Gonçalo Guedes, Maxi Gómez.

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Valencia win the opener 1-0 over Getafe.

Starting lineup:
    Guedes, Maxi Gomez
    Cheryshev, Guillamon, Wass, Soler
    Gaya, Alderete, Paulista, Correia
    Mamardashvili

Guillamon sent off after 33 seconds for a studs-forward challenge. Cheryshev brought down in the box and Soler scored the PK. Other than that, Valencia had to defend, defend, defend. Mamardashvili, the 20-year-old Georgian goalkeeper had an excellent match and Valencia hung on for the three points. Top of the table for 24 hours at least.