USMNT WCQ 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Feb 4, 2013.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's early. ;)

2. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for stream check out wiziwig.com . You may have to install an add-on, and be careful to unclick all the adware that's clicked on by default during installation. Also, the stream I'm watching is in Arabic...

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm listening to Honduran radio. My ears are still ringing.

4. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found an android streaming app. Seems to work okay for someone without access to a computer, but with ads. I figure I'll delete after the game. Free soccer streaming.

2 beautiful goals, btw.

5. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I feel bad saying this when you're all searching for streams etc. I'm watching in HD on beIN sports! Don't hate!

And yep, two beauties. Second half should be interesting.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how do we think Auckland is in November?

7. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS is killing U.S.soccer! It's making Honduras way too good. Dismantle the league while there's still a chance!

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man all that Omar and Timmy gushing and they looked like crap. Doesn't help people bringing up Lichaj (probably misspelled) name again he wouldn't do much better.

9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ....and Jamaica.

10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Very promising stuff from Boniek today. He was the best man on the pitch.

11. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ********

12. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Boniek is a magician.

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    * Cameron was bad - I think not playing CB any longer is killing him. Forget the goal; he whiffed on two balls earlier in the half, one of which could have led to the same situation as the goal.
    * Gonzalez - uhh - really? The ball is rolling past your net and you slow down and check behind you?
    * Howard - I have been on the record as saying I think it is time for a bit more athleticism at that position.
    * Outside backs - neither was terrible. Their chances were up the middle.
    * Speaking of the middle - outside of a twenty minute stretch in the second half, what do we think about some possession?
    * Outside mids - aside from the fact that we didn't actually start any, Jones is terrible. The guy would trip over his own feet after an amputation.
    * Someone tell me why Gomez isn't starting up top.

Coaching. I have been scared for some time of our new regime and performances like today do not ease my pain. The team looked uninterested at times. Little passion transforming itself into play. Tactically, we brought 54 central middies to the match and no speed; then subs out what limited speed we have. He starts essentially "two freshman center backs" that have never played together. It is embarrassing to watch our tactical approach, or lack there of. Are we a possession team? A bunker and counter team? Who the hell knows.

14. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was one of the things Klinsmann consistently promoted when he first took the job. A "style" of play.

15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think that the whole vision of the team is wrong. They brought in a bunch of players from Europe that are mediocre, riding the pine, or are out of form. This team has never looked good. It's a pathetic mess. Players in form like Castillo, Torres could have been more useful.

16. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is Landon Donovan coming back from his sabbatical? :D

17. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

18. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then what about Claudio Reyna?

:D

The_Ponce repped this.
  19. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    he failed.

20. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Castillo, Boco, Gomez, Torres, Landycakes, Shea . . . . .

The_Ponce repped this.
  21. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap.

Absolute and utter crap today.

Play like that against Costa Rica and we'll have zero points after three matches.

22. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better. Lol.

23. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Good point.

24. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Your points are good. The only quibble I have is with your implication that Howard is not athletic enough. I disagree, I think he is quick and agile as a cat. He is a great shot stopper with quick reaction saves his forte.

However; I do think that he doesn't have enough range laterally and vertically due to his shorter stature. Som eof our younger keepers like Tally have a longer wing span and better range in my opinion. Howard plays pretty far out of his box to cut the angle to increase his chance on wide shots. But he is very susceptible to the corner shots and wide shots when he has to play closer to his line. The last world cup goals against us are worth watching again to illustrate this.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would our option be in goal? I am not impressed by Brad Guzan. I know Villa sucks this year but he missed many saveable balls and I've always thought he gets too frenetic and helter-skelter in the goal box.

Howard isn't the same athletically as he uses to be - people forget just how long he has been in the EPL. Still, I get irritated when I hear announcers say he had "no chance" on all goals that go in on him. Yesterday, the first goal he really had no chance - just exquisite. The second one he contributed to the team failure.