USMNT WCQ 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the '01 Hex for Japorea'02 in the Honduras away game it was a free kick from Clint Mathis that deftly went up over the Honduran wall and into the back of the Honduran net in the 86th minute that absolutely silenced the massive crowd and gave us a shock 1-2 road victory.
    Perhaps our guy Brad could get the same chance on a set piece late in the game and turn up money!

DALE USA!!!

2. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I don't think so; until he is actually cap tied.

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick question: Who would you rather represent your national team, Hugo Sanchez, like he does for Mexico, or Westie, like he does for the U.S.? I mean, one of them is a legend and hated by many and the other one is Hugo Sanchez. Discuss.

El Naranja, ImaPuppy and *rey* repped this.
  4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    :ROFLMAO:

5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

This is Ives' predicted lineup and it is probably close. And it makes me angry. 3 defensive midfielders!?!?! No wonder our STs can't score goals...we're playing ourselves into a shell. Drop Edu and put Klejstan in there or even Zusi. Gotta have some creative spark going forward. Get some width to spread Honduras out so we can put some crosses into the box or maybe even a pass into the 18.

TX Bill and JC507 repped this.
  6. Htownkraut

Htownkraut Member

Jan 12, 2011
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theoretically the outside backs are supposed to provide the width but I do agree with you.

CeltTexan repped this.
  7. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The writing was on the wall. Or rather, he backed himself into a wall with his player selection. There really are no "wingers" in his 24 (in the traditional sense). He did bring up 63 central middies though.

8. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict Zusi for Jones. Would like to see Omar get some time next to GC. I hope Brad makes the 18 dressing for the game - he could be a 80th min sub for throwing late crosses in the box

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, in theory. I just don't buy it. With as hard as Honduras is likely to press, having the center so clogged with the wings vulnerable is asking for trouble.

10. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do agree with what you're saying , but if you have seen Michael bradley play with Roma then it makes more sense. He doess great going forward and creating chances for his forwards and even himself, he really doesnt stop until hes at the edge of the box!

Jermaine Jones is also a monster going forward. While I do agree we need Klejstan and Holden in there giving "Maestro" passes and combinations to the forwards well be okay with those guys.

11. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Jones is just a monster...in the Nigel De Jong sense of the word. I really don't like his game at all.

12. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Mike definitely isn't a d-mid anymore. He's very much a box-to-box midfielder these days and has been for the last year and half or so.

His incisive passing in the final third has improved significantly since his move to Roma.

13. El_Fool

El_Fool Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anyone have a site they'd recommend to get a stream of this game?

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I need to find a stream that works on an ipad, many of the normal sites don't work in safari without flash. Or just watch the replay on beIN

15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howard
    Chandler Cameron Boca Johnson
    Williams Bradley
    Dempsey
    Gomez Altidore GAM

The road point is there for the taking and going shell formation, Mo Edu at.the Cholo spot, is begging for the Catrachos to do their thing at their home venue.

16. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    try one forward instead of two, I would guess maybe Jozy over Herc. 5 man midfield, Bradley in front of Jones/Edu in the middle. Clintu wide, tough to guess who else will play wide. I could see Omar instead of Boca in the middle.

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even so I still question the need for all 3 of them to start. I'd rather drop Edu/Herc and run this:

Jones
    Zusi-Bradley
    Dempsey
    Herc-Jozy

Jones
    Zusi-Bradley-Kljestan
    Dempsey
    -Jozy

Preferably the 1st. But, Ze German loves his CMs so we'll see. I'm just far more nervous about these 3 games than I was 4 years ago. Less faith.

18. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there an audio stream anywhere?

19. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too, am looking for a stream. On a totally unrelated note, when I'm in the stadium, I really like to be close to the action. Nothing would please me more than taking in a European match from the first row. I hear from that vantage point it's over in a flash. Too bad players, coaches, and staff pop up a lot and block your view. You'd think those guys would consider that they're at work.

I noticed the English feed is now on Comcast 138. Sure it's been that way for a while, but I really haven't been paying attention. Still can't believe it's not in HD though. What, did we wake up in Russia this morning?

20. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also looking for an audio stream. May need to listen to Honduran radio.

21. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    starting lineup has been posted...[​IMG]

22. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clintu up top, me likey, and Omar over Boca. I had wondered about possibly EJ at LM, we'll see how that works out...

23. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hopefully Davis will see the pitch as a sub.

24. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it. Presumably he's expecting service from the outside backs. That doesn't look like a conservative, play for the tie approach. No idea if it'll work, but I like that he's going with this approach. We're not Canada. Play soccer.

25. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked so good on paper...