USMNT WC video available...

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Solskjaer, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. maverick

maverick New Member

Mar 7, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Review, please!

Someone's GOTTA review this one on these boards... I'm concerned it's going to be full of "look at the Minnows, they're not crap anymore," backhanded compliments.... I hope not. :(

3. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the WC2002 Highlight video was pretty decent in regards of being respectful to the US team, and the Team USA video, produced by the same people, will probably be the same.

4. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish NFL films had done it. Who has seen this. I'll probably buy it anyway, but here's another vote for a review.

5. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    The Bigsoccer store will have it in both VHS and DVD formats pretty soon. Wait a couple days before you buy it so you can get it from BS.

6. I hope it has some commentary..because Im sure we all already have all the amazing moments permanately etched in our minds=)

7. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    It comes out tommorrow in the BS store!

8. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Will it be any cheaper than the one through Eurosport?

9. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    I just want to know how long it is. The site I found it on didn't list a time limit.

If it's just a 30 minute video I doubt I could bring myself to spend 30 bucks on it. Now an hour...yeah, I'd buy it from BS. =P

10. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

I wanna see the behind the scenes stuff, interviews and maybe some of the best highlights. And I agree with you above, at least an hour long.

11. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The BigSoccer store says the DVD will be available on September 1st. I looked elsewhere but couldn't find any more info about it.

12. Daren Spencer

Daren Spencer New Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Chico,California
    World Cup Videos

Who has tapes for sale/trade of the USA vs. Mexico and USA vs. Germany from the World Cup?
    I went to England for these games. When I left I set the VCR, but due had the game times wrong, ended up recording different games....if game tapes are available please email.....Thank You!!

13. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so has anyone bought this and would be willing to write a short review of it. I just want to know if its worth $30 or not. Thanks.

14. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got it yesterday - excellent turn-around time.

Basically, it's a 2 minute intro, then about 10-20 minutes of each game, the highlights. Each goal and its build-up is shown, as well as each near-goal. Interviews follow some of the games.

Commentators are from the BBC(I believe), so if you like Jack and Ty, you're out of luck.

Excellent picture quality and sound - it's also quite amusing to hear the British announcer talk about how strong the Portugese side are, not a minute before we take the lead.

A couple things I'm not happy with - the Germany game is glossed over a bit, there's no footage of the Donovan offside call, nor does it show Reyna's midfield attempt with Kahn off his line.

However, that's somewhat nitpicky - I'd definitely give it a thumbs up. Definitely better than the 2 second highlight packages you're probably used to.

15. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey thanks alot. Well i guess I'll have to pick that up. Thanks again.

16. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how long is the whole thing?

17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    bump- how long is it?

18. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see it now...all the goals, near-misses, and hard slide tackles accompanied by the full-orchestra version of "What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor."

haha. Love it. :D

19. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how long is it? ( sooner or later someone will answer!).

20. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I was wondering that too, I am about to order mine, so if no one has answered by the time I get mine, I'll let you know:)

21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    thanks. I just don't want to pay $20 for a 30 minute clip.

22. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that one guy said it was like a 10-20 minute segment on each game, so that has to be like 50 minutes at least. Im not sure though.

23. MartSkin

MartSkin Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Right Back
    It's definitely worth the money. I agree with Aidaen, they left out some key US chances in the Germany game. And they left out most of the dirty tactics that Mexico used. Except the head-kick-punch combo from Marquez. I'll have to check tonight but the total running time is approximately 45-50 minutes.
    It's a great way to relive the tournament without watching each game. (Not that watching each game in its entirety is bad, I just don't get that much sittin time from my wife.)
    -Skin

24. halfnorsk

halfnorsk New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    60 minutes long...

25. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC