USMNT Injury Report

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Clint Eastwood, Mar 14, 2014.

1. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Memory isn't serving correct.

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From USSOCCER: Lineups:USA: 1-Tim Howard (capt.); 2-Timmy Chandler, 5-Omar Gonzalez, 20-Geoff Cameron, 23-Fabian Johnson; 14-Danny Williams (7-Maurice Edu, 58), 13-Jermaine Jones (19-Graham Zusi, 67), 4-Michael Bradley, 18-Eddie Johnson (16-Sacha Kljestan, 59); 8-Clint Dempsey, 17-Jozy Altidore
    Subs not used: 3-Carlos Bocanegra, 6-Michael Parkhurst, 9-Herculez Gomez, 10-Jose Torres, 11-Brad Davis, 12-Brad Guzan, 15-Edgar Castillo, 21-Brad Evans, 22-Sean JohnsonHead Coach: Jurgen Klinsmann

Who, other than GCam was Omar paired with that night then? Did we play 3 in the back?

3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    It was Cam and Omar in the middle.
    F. Johnson and Chandler out wide. E. Johnson played LM.

4. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see the post right before you posted this. Parkhurst did not even play in Honduras.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather Parkhurst than Beasley

Wessoman repped this.
  6. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I misunderstood. I thought you were asking about Cameron, not Parkhurst.

7. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys I was posting that GCam played CB in response to the previous post asking if GCam had played CB under JK. I was not referring to Parkhurst.

8. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Now that we have this shit straight, I got bigger fish to fry in the most controversial penalty EVER called and the ramifications that it has on the remainder of Jozy's whole career. Can't dily-daly here.

10. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another update.... and some positive news. Am I missing anyone?

Confirmed out of the world cup:
    Holden - Knee
    Gatt - Knee
    Cherundolo - Knee & retired

New injuries/unknown status:
    Beasley - Injured, and waiting for update from his club.

Injured/unknown status:
    Davis - Ankle, out 2 consecutive games - no report from his club
    Hamid - ?
    Orozco - ?

Possibly able to regain fitness:
    Chandler - Knee, Started training, I think just light training with the ball
    Lichaj: double hernia operation in mid march, club is hopeful he will be back in early May.
    Green - Shoulder, 1 or 2 more weeks of rest required?

Back From Injury:
    Evans - subbed in against Chivas
    Onyewu - calf, played a full 90 on April 18
    Bradley - Missed 1 game, Played on the 19th

11. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jurgen has to seriously consider giving Ream a shot at LB. Do we have anyone playing LB for their clubs do as well as Ream right now? Probably not.

On top of that, given his versatility, Ream would be a good guy to have as he can cover multiple positions. Also better with the ball at his feet and a superior passes to the majority of our candidates who play across our back line.

Wessoman and ttrevett repped this.
  12. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    anyone can play left back.

He will not turn to someone else at this point, not that I wouldn't mind seeing Tim.

13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the final 23 may have both Parkhurst and Ream on it, to the surprise of many here. GCam, Omar, Besler, Goodson, Beasley, Parhurst and Ream. The thing I think JK will like with both Parky and Ream is that they can play, like GCam outside and centrally if asked. That has got to be pretty invaluable in a round robin competition like this.

14. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both here and in the TR YA thread, you seem very confident that JK will not call in Ream. I would have said the same thing a few months back, but now I am feeling opposite. Why do you feel so confident in this issue specifically? He's been at his peak form lately according to most observers and his man of the match performances. Clearly there has to be some room for adjustments to conventional wisdom. I would agree if he had one or two high level matches, but he's been The Man along the backline at Bolton all year, with forays into the central defensive midfield as well. His manager has been praising the guy up and down at every opportunity. I think you're incorrect on this one.

15. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Its me trying to think like JK. In addition, Tim is a CB now playing LB. JK wants in the worst way for the LB and RB to get forward. I think that is why he has been so reluctant, until recently, to go with Cameron on the right. For all his vision and ball skill, its not what JK wants for that spot.

He might get a call in, but I just don't see JK rating Tim/English Championship over a Castillo/MFL.

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reasonable, though I would say that Castillo's stock had to plummet after than Ukraine game, so while I can see the thought that he would want someone of the DMB, Castillo mold as opposed to a GCam, TR mold, I don't see Castillo coming to the camp after the Cyprus debacle.

17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Brooks is back in the lineup, having recovered from an oversized tattoo. :)

StlDon repped this.
  18. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. StlDon

StlDon Red Card

Sep 17, 2013
    KCMO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This particular stamped statement (you would call it a meme) has wore out it's usefulness, though repetition of coined but ostensibly ironic phrases is something you enjoy and think you specialize in.

20. StlDon

StlDon Red Card

Sep 17, 2013
    KCMO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did, indeed, laugh out loud.

21. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    and of course with your awesome editing skills, you failed to realize that there was a point made in my post. But thanks for playing.

22. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    This particular stamped statement (you would call it a meme) has worn out it's usefulness, though repetition of coined but ostensibly ironic phrases is something you enjoy and think you specialize in. :D

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  23. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Davis was listed as questionable with an ankle sprain tonight but again he did not make the game day roster.

24. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm freaked about the fact that it's been forever and a day since DMB played LB for us. Kind of bummed his club didn't release him for the Mexico friendly.

I've got Fabian at LB the entire run in Brazil. I don't see how we can do anything different.

I'm fine with DMB as a back up (though I'd consider playing Parkhurst first).

Martin Fischer repped this.
  25. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should get LB minutes in the send off series