USL v NASL - Who will prevail in 2011?

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by ckh1, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if the Eagles win the US Open cup ;)

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow just Wow..a president of a team calls NASL a renegade league and that MLS is not friendly with NASL so funny considering we loan/buy players from MLS and our teams are promoted to MLS and they are all happy that MLS reserve teams will be part of USLPRO that's genius.

http://c3414030.r30.cf0.rackcdn.com/KG-09-17-12.mp3

46:00

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You listen to a lot of podcasts.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  4. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    That Rochester Rhinos President can't seem to count.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Renegade
    \ˈre-ni-ˌgād\
    n.
    a deserter from one faith, cause, or allegiance to another

You don't get to say "Wow just wow" when someone says something that's actually true, whether or not it aligns with your worldview.

a) Who is "we?"
    b) I've seen MLS players loaned to NASL teams (Konrad Warzycha, Michael Tetteh and Ruben Luna, to name three). Who have you bought from MLS? I know Ft. Lauderdale sold Paulo. Jr. to Real Salt Lake. Neither loans to or purchases from are unprecedented - USL teams have and continue to do both.

"You" don't get credit for Montreal, genius. Their ascension to MLS was announced May 7, 2010, almost a year before the NASL ever played a game as a league, and less than a month after the USSFD2 temporary league began play. Sorry, you can't claim them.

Vancouver's move up was announced March 18, 2009, two days before Portland's. And more than six months before the TOA owners broke away from USL. You don't get credit for Vancouver and Portland.

So tell me again which of "your" teams have been promoted to MLS?

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ask David Downs..Montreal still played under NASL banner.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And...THEY WERE ALREADY OUT THE FREAKING DOOR, GENIUS.

How long did they play under the USL banner again? I'm drawing a blank. I had it right here. Can't for the life of me remember how many years that was. Huh. That's odd.

So St. Louis and Baltimore both played under your banner, too. So you get credit for teams folding. Just to be fair.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feel free to not address the rest of it until you can move the goalposts again and either say you didn't say something or that the really important thing is something else entirely or (my personal favorite), "things change on the fly, man, embrace it."

Macsen, CCSUltra and SYoshonis repped this.
  9. simonglover

simonglover New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    i think nasl champions vs usl champions every season to decide it ie the top each year standings
    2012 ie the spurs vs orlando home and away if level pens to decide it

eclipse02 repped this.
  10. Jossed

Jossed Member+

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Who the hell are the spurs?

And no, there won't be any NASL champ vs. USL champ series. There are a multitude of reasons why. Starting with numerous financial reasons. The games would lose money and draw flies.

11. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing the OP means San Antonio (right name, wrong sport)...which is funny on another level since they were eliminated from the NASL championship.

Steve

12. si2009

si2009 New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    maybe i was talking about the spurs in the epl only joking. i was refering to st antonio of course.

tampasteve1 repped this.
  13. si2009

si2009 New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    sorry scorpions vs orlando city but i think orlando would beat the german rock band.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Click on name > Click on Ignore > Enjoy

Antique and SYoshonis repped this.
  15. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The trolling and stupidity used to bother me. Now it is just the total disregard for basic English communication. And it seems as if these dolts are procreating. A new dope shows up each week spouting jibberish.

I have another theory as well. Let me attempt to use the new Big Soccer vernacular:

makes me think that thems peeple are just 1 person not more than one dude anyone out their agree with what i am saying about all theese crazy posts that seem to pop up like so many mushrooms after a rainstorm i sware that we should fire all the bloody teachers in this country if this is the kind of product our schools is letting lose on our society its enough to drive this fellow nuts after i go nuts than i will talke just like these fools

16. si2009

si2009 New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    In reply to Bluesfan, iam actually a brummie. Hello from Birmingham West Midlands.

17. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    So you are telling me that English schools are as horrible as ours. Glad I am alive to witness the end of Anglo-American culture.

brentgoulet repped this.
  18. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the Year 2012

eclipse02 repped this.
  19. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There sorta kinda will be a game of 2012 champions in 2013. The Rowdies are the NASL playoff champs and they are working out a deal to play a preseason game in Orlando, the USL Pro regular season champs. It will be preseason but both teams should be in the Disney Pro Classic so they will be tuned up for the match Mid March. I bet it will draw more than flies.