USL supporter groups, activities, networking, etc.

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by yojimbo81, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stars_Field.jpg
    Red Dirt Brigade at the last home game

2. danjacks10

danjacks10 New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I started a new forum website www.RocSoccer.com (Rochester Soccer) about soccer in Rochester NY with one of the objectives to start a central forum where fans can talk and ultimately a supporters group can be formed again, there are two different groups at Rhinos games now but they are very small compared to what we had before

3. Azkals

Azkals New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'm also from Pittsburgh and that was the first time I thought it smelled really bad. Normally I don't notice it, but at the tailgate before the Orlando game it smelled awful.

fsufiji repped this.
  4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to set off a smoke bomb with my teeth.

[​IMG]

Our tifo guy told me to yank down on the lynchpin ring, and it ripped it off. I figured out you have to yank out. He had to learn the hard way too, so I had to do it a second time with the one he screwed up.

[​IMG]

yojimbo81 repped this.
  5. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    What brand of smoke do you all use? When we had smoke we used Enola Gaye's and as a saftey feature they're designed to not go off if you pull straight up. Has to be to the side.

6. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might want to ask on Facebook. I don't get the smoke, and the two groups may use two different sellers, I dunno...

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what we use too, they are non-flammable which makes it nice for desert events.

9. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Heh yeah that's a big reason why we got them too, though the city seems to think we'll still find a way to burn down a metal stand... anyways I saw they make another type of smoke that puts out the same volume but in only 30 seconds or so. It'd be awesome if someone started selling that type in the US. Even though the blue's only burn for 90 seconds it still feels like a hell of a long time.

10. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice pics. Enola Gaye makes a good product and the warning labels are funny.

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Andrewporritt

Andrewporritt New Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Yarm On Tees, Stockton-On-Tees, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Hey, I'm from England playing semi pro soccer. I'm visiting the US, COLORADO end of November for 10 days. I'm looking to make a move over here if possible. I'd like to play soccer at a similar level.
    Can anyone help me out where I can get trials etc. I appreciate this would be your off season. But any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks

13. Boise_Soccer

Boise_Soccer New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Boise, Idaho
  14. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your best bet is to go through the teams websites or on facebook. There are teams holding trials soon.
    Near you are Real Colorado Foxes (USL PDL, 4th division, Amateur)
    http://www.rcfoxes.com/
    The semi-pro thing is kind of messed up in the states, because of college requirements, so even though that league is technically semi-pro, I don't think there are any pros in the league.
    How much are you willing to travel?

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Keep in mind the lower you go, the less likely the team will spring for/go through the process of getting the appropriate visa for a foreign player.)

16. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamie Watson showed up for Orlando City's match against Toronto on Saturday night, and we gave him a good send-off. No hard feelings from the fans.

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It helps that Jamie is ( a ) a great guy and ( b ) played his heart out for y'all for all this time and it was only because ( c ) he's a bit of a 'tweener' and wasn't likely to figure into their plans for 2015 and beyond that this move made sense.

But, yeah, kudos to y'all for doing it and great for him.

18. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's pretty much how everyone feels. Those who think deeper about the why's of these moves believe his recent leg injuries likely doomed him in regards to going up to MLS.

I personally would love to see him take it out on the Rowdies. They're the ones who broke his leg in 2012.