USL Nation Live Streams

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Prosoccercdn, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Trying to watch the Pittsburgh vs Antigua game on uslnation.com and the stream doesn't work.

Anyone else having problems? Is the site stream not working?

2. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Frankly, it was better when it wasn't working. The wide camera is stationary and located approximately a country mile from the pitch. You can't even see the goals and the players look like ants.

The other cameras are suprisingly good for such a low quality production.

I tuned in out of curiousity, but you really have to love soccer to watch this crap. Hope it gets better.

3. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Now the play by play guy is doing a travelogue description of the 'beautiful and WARM islands of Barbuda and Antigua'. Great stuff.

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Antigua streams last year were spotty at best, so not expecting much out of there.

But I like what UNation can bring to the live stream, the intro on the by Seth makes it look like it will be very interactive once it get up and running 100%

The Quality is always going to be dependent on the local club so Ill wait until I see streams from Charleston, Rochester, and the other clubs before I pass judgement.

Mikey

5. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm only getting the audio here.

6. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, not a great start for USL streaming 2012. Finally it started working about 45 minutes late.

Looks like only the FO Staff and players families showed up for the game in that cavernous cricket stadium!

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched two of Antigua's matches last year, and didn't have a problem either time. Love their play-by-play guy.

I tried to stream the first game on my iPad, but couldn't. I was told later they are working on it, and it will be taken care of. I was able to watch today's game on my PC.

8. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently for the first game there were "50 or so Pittsburgh fans coming down to enjoy the beautiful islands of Antigua and Barbuda?"

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I missing something, why can't I see Orlando/Charlotte game on UNation?

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think it was streamed
    Here is the schedule, the ones with "U"s are the streamed matches.
    http://www.uslnation.com/usllive/index.html

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Richmond will not be livestreaming. None of them did last year, either. It's likely infrastructure issues. Harrisburg tapes their games and airs them on delay on local TV. Don't know about the others.

It's sad that they can't, but Antigua can.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understood. Too bad, that's half of the league.

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Charlotte and Richmond I am pretty sure it is due to the fact that there is no (or subpar) internet at the stadium. And combine with the fact that they don't control the stadiums, it is tough to have it upgraded.

14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they're thinking about that with Pittsburgh's new stadium.

15. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I hate all the USL vs NASL trash talk on these boards. It is pointless for the most part. For the most part the USL Pro and NASL aren't all that much different from each other. However, the fact that half the USL Pro doesn't have the capability to live stream is a problem. It certainly puts the USL Pro in the second class citizen territory as far as that area is concerned.

16. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well 4 out of 11 isn't quite half but your point is taken.

That said I fully expect Pittsburgh to have the ability once they move to their new stadium (which likely wont happen until the end of the season.)

Having been to Charlotte's HS stadium is probably a good thing they don't do it as the field there is terrible IMO and it seems like they are playing their first couple games at different stadiums so that is a challenge in itself.

Richmond is at the mercy of the city. Politicians there keep talking about the "future of City stadium" so they likely wont put any money into it until that decision is made.

And Harrisburg's games are broadcast on a local channel albeit delayed, not sure if that is a contractual thing there or not.

I'd love to see all the matches broadcasted but what is available today is a huge step over what we had even five years ago.

17. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harrisburg I think depends on whether or not they have internet at Skyline. I know they can't bring a TV truck on the island (hence why games are on tape delay on local TV).

18. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that Orlando opted for no announcer. Enhances the supporters, but I can also hear everything they yell at the keeper, which wouldn't be so great if I had kids.

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do all feeds not have scores and game clocks?

Yea the YSA gets old and the FU to the GK of Wilmington.

20. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing worse than what you hear at a Philadelphia Union game even with the announcers. They used YSA on every goal kick and punt, and I heard it every time on NBC Sports Net.

Though I do agree YSA is tired and lame by now.

BTW: Most of that was ILF.

21. socceramericanstyle

Sep 6, 2011

I agree. So far I have checked out streams from LA, Orlando and Antigua. In addition to the all the announcers stinking out the joint, the video quality was subpar (at best). Antigua's guy is promoting the "island life", LA's guy sounds 12 years old and irritates me, and Orlando, well did Orlando have an announcer?

Let's hope Charleston and Rochester streams can save some dignity for USL. They are always the best (video and audio).

It does give the USL a 3rd Division feel in comparison to NASL. I mean come on!!! If USL thinks they are 2nd Division, then get ALL teams on the same page.

22. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando didn't have an announcer for the live feed their first match. Their second match, they did. Don't know about this one, obviously.

23. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last two Orlando match have had commentators. the english guy who does the color commenting is pretty good.

I didn't watch the who broadcast from Dayton and thought teh camera work and the commentators were okay

Rochester does a good job overall (even if there commentators are big homers) but for some reason, my sound is always a second or two ahead of the video. There feed is the only one that happens with though

24. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you would, too, if a large part of whether or not your team continues is tied up in the governing body of your country seeing some benefit from all the money they're spending to help the team out.

He's slightly older than that, but not by much.

Andrew Bell is tops. Rochester's actual broadcast production values have been very very good.

a) They don't think they're second division. 2nd Division is an actual designation. You can think you're a Realtor(R) if you like, but just selling houses doesn't make you a Realtor(R).
    b) I guess you've never tried to get all of a group of people on the same page. It's absolutely not as simple as saying "Do this," because the low-budget people simply won't do it. And what are you going to do? Kick them out? Since 1997, there have been teams (in every league) that do things the right way, that make their absolute best efforts and do things in a professional manner. And there have been organizations that either can't or won't. (More that can't than that won't, to be fair.)

Orlando's and Rochester's revenues dwarf those of Harrisburg and Charlotte. The resources simply aren't there for those teams. And all the exclamation points you like aren't going to make it so.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that the guy who last year said a player "needs to make decisive decisions?" I really thought that was keen insight.

Marc Daniels - who I went to college with - did a couple of their games last year, is he still?