Usain Bolt Doesn't Want To Play For Us - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JamesA, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    About damn time USA wins in Mexico.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Watching Arsenal is going to be very interesting the next couple seasons. Particularly if Song goes to Barca. Ox and Walcott will have a lot of load to carry. Ox being the wonderkid and Walcott being elevated to senior attacker on the team (discounting Bendtner). If Giroud doesn't hit the ground running or Gervinho doesn't thrive in a central role or start contributing goals and assists at a respectable rate (possible given greater freedom in a different deployment) then Le Arse will really really struggle for goals. Unless they play very adventurous stuff that will probably see them concede a lot without a rock solid backline.

If ever there was a time to start courting an experienced manager to replace Arsene it would be now. He's undoubtedly going to fail to bring in silverware and given the length of the drought and the fact that making a demand for measurable success is reasonable now, you could get someone in who can build the squad in his own image with all the big personalities gone.

barroldinho repped this.
  3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    what about Podolski? no expectation from him?

i know some think he is a dunce but he does get a decent amount of goals when he is ready

he would do well anywhere :alien:

the usual numbskulls that inhabit sky's comment section. it is the idea being borne out that haters will always be there. i read several articles daily and people hate on comments regardless. whether rival fans or not, no matter what is said someone will hate it.

only time i recall no one disliking a comment was one about Scholes retiring and how great he was and one where someone said kick Joey Barton out of football

4. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    walcott will leave arsenal within 12 months. im convinced of it.

5. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    likewise^

yet another one of their big names they let run down until the last year of his contract.

the question now is where?

6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    nope

what would be the point of downgrading?

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't expect first year players to thrive in Arsene's system. Not stupid ones. Poldi is stupid.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's an understatement.

I think he will settle quickly because he is physically suited to the Prem. It's not as technically demanding a league so he will have plenty of those long shot drive goals but he will have four times as many of them go over the bar.

10. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    walcott will join liverpool. possibly in jan, but more likely next year. although i think it would be a dumb move by brendan.

11. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Liverpool. Childhood fan.

12. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Always thought Walcott would thrive in a more direct system where he can use his pace to exploit space behind the defenders. He can't cross or pass, therefore doesn't fit well into Arsenal's system. Same would go for Chicarito. Berbatov on the other hand would probably be a good pick up for them.

13. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Podolski is an awful wing forward as well, his best role is CF so either you sacrifice Giroud or play 2 non creative wing forwards in Podolski and Walcott.

14. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    New Under-21 Premier League starting up:
    Good move, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/premier-league-confirms-u21-fixtures-and-teams.html

15. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    no United derbies in that group though, as far as i can see anyway

16. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I would have preferred Modric staying at Spurs.

I kind of like Spurs and would have liked for them to do well. Also, we usually spank them, and they knick points off of our rivals.

17. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I'll try to remember to shed a tear for them later.

4x4s repped this.
  18. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just had look at the fixtures, most of them are on a Monday.

They said the idea was to have the games for this take place after the first team had played on the weekend so that the younger unused subs for the senior sides could get some additional footaball. With the amount of midweek games our first team are usually involved in I don't see it making too much difference for United. Maybe a small difference though. Ironically, some of the obvious first team oppurtunities for our kids will come on Tuesday or Wednesday nights anyway with League Cup so they won't be playing in this league that week anyway. It's definitely better for the development of the younger players at clubs with less congested senior fixture lists.

I think it was sdotsom on here who suggested putting these games on immediately after senior matches on the same pitch, shadowing the Premier League fixtures. That would work out better for all concerned in terms of the window the game was played in, and you might get a number of fans staying behind to watch which could get the kids used to playing in front of bigger crowds too. Not sure how practical that would be. If it was possible then I think it would have been better.

The rules they're implementing regarding only 3 over 21 players aren't really necessary. I can only think of a couple of teams we've played in recent seasons where a reserve side has had more than that in it (Blackpool and I think Villa once). I'd stilll like managers to have option anyway, as the timing of injuries and when the game could be useful for nursing senior squad members back to health is unpredictable. It's also arguably a good thing if the kids were playing against older, experienced players here and there. It's obviously crap if you're the kid who misses out because a senior player drops down to the reserves but if you're the one making way then you're probably not that good anyway unless you're a goalie. Reserve teams should have no problem playing guys out of position.

It's all a bit of a glossy new thing without much substance to it for me. A bit better than the old setup but not massively so.

Cevno and benni... repped this.
  19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No way.

He is not good at CF at all because he isn't disciplined enough. He always drifts left. He isn't a very good WF either but he would struggle centrally upfront by himself. Novakovic carried most of the burden for him.

4x4s repped this.
  20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Liverpool sign Aissaidi from Heerenveen, if that is the level of wingers they will get it wont matter if they get who they put in the middle.

21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just another lower level player imo.

23. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger will be coaching PSG at this time next year.....

24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mbia to QPR Barton on loan to Marseille (isnt Mbia a big Man Utd fan ?).

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    An idiot abroad.