US v Russia in ATL on Feb 12th

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by TerminusFooty, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do they use the same camera's for each game, or do the venues supply them?

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Likely local production companies.

3. ladyofwh

ladyofwh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right? Sigh..I am holding on to hope we'll see a game in Southern California in 2014.

A Eurosport journalist earlier tweeted that rumored games for US v France could take place in Portland and in Chicago.

4. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The 1st USA v Russia, wasn't "bad". But I would like an HD stream. And being in a big town like Atlanta, hopefully they'll find someone that can furnish that.

5. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    The problem is the upload bandwidth. Not the production. The last game used HD equipment, just the bandwidth wasn't quite enough.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well people in the city r OK. I think the GD is on the MARTA. People in the burbs r going to have tough sledding.

7. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    So according to this article, 16,000 tickets were "distributed." Since 14,000 were quoted 2 days ago and there's been the storm, I'm guessing they didn't sell much more and so that means 2,000 were given away? I dunno. Either way, hopefully a good portion of those 16,000 can make it.

8. StarDust

StarDust Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Club:
    FCR 2001 Duisburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry if I missed this or if it was already asked before but will there be a live stream (like on youtube) for us Europeans?

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Yes, the last match was stream on youtube and not geoblocked

10. neasdengooner

neasdengooner Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Suwanee, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Melting pretty good here in Suwanee and could not believe seeing a snow plow coming into our subdivision so we are going

11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lineup I want to see:

Barnhart
    Krieger Johnston Rampone Cox
    Rapinoe Brian Lloyd Tymrak
    Press Rodriguez

12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I personally just want Krieger and Cox to get some rest

13. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see Krieger get a rest, but there aren't any other right backs on the roster besides an injured Dunn. Cox can start, but maybe O'Hara can sub in during the second half.

14. hasselhoff

hasselhoff Member

Mar 22, 2005
    I just have no desire to see ARod. She seems like a very nice person and a hard worker, but 26 goals in over 100 caps tells me everything I want to know. Press + anybody but ARod is preferable.

15. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    I was just writing the same thing. Dunn is injured so that leaves Krieger. And I'm all for O'Hara getting some minutes. I think there's a good chance we'll see her playing in her home state. The question is: how many minutes she'll get?

16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    This is the second game against Russia who was in the US half for literally 1 minute in a 90 minutes match. My grand mother could play right back and the team will be fine. Just throw anyone back there and let it be.

exref repped this.
  17. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnston's future with this team is not CB. I'd like to see her get in at DM today.

18. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Tymrak was on fire in the WNT scrimmage video - can't wait to see her. Worried about Johnston, however, as she was not in the video at all - not on either side, unless I missed her. It would be terrible if both Dunn and Johnston left this camp injured, and right before the NWSL season.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I would think O'Hara could sub Krieger out...I dont think she plays the left side because she is left dominant. On the other hand Im sure Krieger is happy to be playing 90s.

20. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    LOL - I was telling a friend about a scrappy older lady I see at college games, who dresses in the full soccer get-up, cleats and all. The friend told me he was coaching an over-50 friend for a tryout for an over-50 team. Would love to see one of their games!

21. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see Johnston in the scrimmage video either, and considering that she didn't even suit up for the last game, I'm wondering if she's injured. I haven't seen anything reported about an injury, but if so, I'd be disappointed. I was really hoping she'd get some significant minutes at DM in one of these games.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If Rapinoe got nothing else out of her trip to Lyon, she is way better moving without the ball now. She makes runs to become available instead waiting for someone to pass her the ball.

Katreus repped this.
  23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well he had 21 outfield players and can only dress 16 so someone has to sit out games. The fact that they had 21 players and a guy to make up the scrimmage tells me she is either hurt or sick.

24. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    I'm disappointed too because I really wanted to see her at DM in these games. I'm hoping she's just sick, not injured and will be back soon.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  25. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    There are tryouts for over 50 leagues? AlternateUniverse#