US v. China, April 10, 2014 in San Diego: Pre-, during, and post-game discussion

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lunatica, Apr 9, 2014.

1. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    ROSTER
    GOALKEEPERS (3): 21-Jill Loyden (Sky Blue FC), 18-Alyssa Naeher (Boston Breakers), 1-Hope Solo (Seattle Reign FC)
    DEFENDERS (7): 14-Stephanie Cox (Seattle Reign FC), 6-Whitney Engen (Tyresö), 25-Meghan Klingenberg (Tyresö), 11-Ali Krieger (Washington Spirit), 5-Kelley O’Hara (Sky Blue FC), 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (FC Kansas City), 16-Rachel Van Hollebeke (Portland Thorns FC)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): 7-Morgan Brian (Virginia), 17-Tobin Heath (Paris Saint-Germain), 12-Lauren Holiday (FC Kansas City), 10-Carli Lloyd (WNY Flash), 22-Samantha Mewis (UCLA), 9-Heather O’Reilly (Boston Breakers), 15-Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign FC)
    FORWARDS (4): 2-Sydney Leroux (Seattle Reign FC), 23-Christen Press (Tyresö), 8-Amy Rodriguez (FC Kansas City), 20-Abby Wambach (WNY Flash)

Rampone, K. Mewis and Stengel have been released from camp.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/04/08/13/45/140408_wntvchn-sandiego-game-notes

2. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you know one guarantee for this match is that Van Hollebeke will start considering how much they've talked about her returning home.

lunatica repped this.
  3. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013

skybolt repped this.
  4. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Anyone have a guess as to what the starting line-up will be. It'll also be interesting to see which players will get the start? For instance, I'm assuming that S. Mewis and A-Rod would've probably been given a start if Sermanni was still coach, so if they're sitting on the bench could this be a sign of things to come? Also, if A-Rod does not start will we see Leroux or Press paired up with Wambach?

5. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Ellis is a coach for now so I wouldn't be that suprised if S. Mewis got the start. I would really like to see them stick to 4-3-3 for this one too. I think it worked great last time. But there is a different coach so I have no idea what to expect.

6. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Good point. I can also see Leroux starting for the same reason.

7. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    It seems they're gonna play 4-3-3:)

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is this game streamed on line or just TV?

9. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks. Is this free just by going to the website or do you have to register, maybe pay. etc. etc.?

11. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    You have to verify your TV provider in order to access it. More here: http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/about.html

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Unfortunately my internet feed is not going to be by an internet provider. So how do I bypass that and just go to live feed?
    Is there a way?

13. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  14. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How will your internet feed be?

Do you have a package that uses NBCSN at home?

15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No, I will be somewhere with just my laptop getting on the internet, but not having a clue as to what the provider is or any user names, passwords, etc.

16. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I meant do you pay for a cable or satellite package that includes NBCSN? It doesn't matter where you are connecting to the internet, if you get NBCSN at home, you can get it anywhere that has an internet connection.

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I do not.

18. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah, okay. They yes you'll have to find something shady.

I use this one. It has lots of frustrating ads, but once you clear enough to go full screen it ignores them which is nice.

http://gofirstrowus.eu/

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Might catch a link from Livestream or Justintv as it gets closer to match time.

20. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
  21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    My predicted line-up

..............Solo
    Krieger-Sauerbrunn-Van Hollebeke-Cox
    .................Lloyd
    .......Rapinoe-Holiday
    Leroux-Wambach-Press

22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If I were Tom Sermanni's ghost

......................Solo
    Krieger-Sauerbrunn-Engen-Cox
    ....................Lloyd
    ...........Brian-Holiday
    Rapinoe-Press-O'Reilly

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    What a great pass by Rapinoe.

24. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    I hope the next coach gives Morgan Brian a more attack-minded role. Her talents aren't necessarily being wasted at holding mid - you can see how nicely she sprays the ball around - but they certainly aren't being maximized to their potential.

I think she, Holiday and Lloyd could be an effective midfield trio. I think it could be even better if they rotated around during a game between offensive and defensive roles. They all offer different strengths, so it would keep opponents on their toes. Lloyd is a scoring threat, Holiday holds the ball the best under pressure, and Brian is perhaps the most likely to pick a killer pass to the forwards. If any of the three is designated as the holding midfielder and can't roam, those valuable attributes are squandered.

It's also possible the next coach will be more fond of a designated holding mid, and will incorporate players like Brooks, Johnston and Killion.

lunatica and kernel_thai repped this.
  25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    As long as she is too far away to slip the ball to the forwards they r really missing out.

FawcettFan14 repped this.