US/Ghana - Natal - 6/16/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, that wouldn't be too bad. A lot of the ones I saw had lengthy layovers in Brasilia or Fortaleza, though, and many landed in Manaus really late.

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Thank you!

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I dont' know about round trip, but one way I've seen as low as in the $230's. Check GOL's website directly. They seem to have the cheapest flights if you don't mind a connection or layover.

4. joe73632003

joe73632003 New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all been a long time lurker on this site and know this will look weird as my first post but my brother and I and trying to go to Brazil this summer and need help with a place to stay. Obviouslly you can't do anything about flights being really expensive so we're trying to save on the lodging. Seems like every hotel is crazy expensive (>$250/night) so if anyone has any tips please let me know. We're also definitely interested in splitting a room if anyone is interested in that. We plan on going ot the Ghana and Germany games while skipping out on Portugal so a place in the Natal Recife region would work well. So if you can help out in either way please reply to this post or pm me. Thanks and looking forward to (hopefully) having tons of fun watching our boys advance down in Brazil this summer.

5. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet deal. Good to know we will have other Yanks in the hotel with us!

6. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    Very good....thanks for the update. I did book with TAM, and the flight time they had was leaving Natal at 10am and arriving in Manaus at 12:45pm.

7. code422

code422 New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally have all my travel booked for WC2014 in Brazil!! I'm going down there solo and am looking for a roomie to split some hotel costs. New to this forum, but figured this would be the best place to go. I'll be in Natal the 16-18, Manaus the 18-24 and Recife the 24-28. Anybody have an extra bed or want to go in for rooms? Doesn't have to correspond to all my travel dates. I'm not a flake, am easy going, and speak Portuguese (didn't mean to make this sound like an ad on a dating site). Cheers and go USA!!

8. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where in Recife are you staying? Or were you thinking of staying?

9. code422

code422 New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't gotten that far. Will probably try to book a room this weekend unless somebody has an extra bed in a booked room and wants to split the cost.

10. JRCIII

JRCIII Member

Feb 27, 2006
    New York City
    Hello,

Just got 3 Tier 1 tickets for USA v Ghana in Natal. We'd go but have Germany v Portugal same day and already have hotel in Savlador then. Anyone need tickets or trade? jules_cattie@yahoo.com

11. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If I'm not chosen in the US ticket draw, I'll definitely buy 2 of those off of you.

12. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and if I don't get the one Cat 1 ticket I applied for I'll take the other one! I'm solo in Natal, meeting up with my buddies after that in Salvador. I'm really hopeful to score a single in the PMA round even though I joined in 2013, thinking singles will be more available. Hopefully we'll all know next week.

13. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be staying in Natal 6/12-6/14 for the Mexico v. Cameroon game. If anyone else is going to the game pm me would like to get a group together

14. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ay What's up guys! I'm trying to get people together in Natal and Recife in June.. I'll be in Natal from the 9th to 18th and Recife from the 20th-23rd.. if you are going to be in these cities during these times please feel free to PM me and add me on Facebook. Let's get some comradery going and party about it. Thanks

My plan is to get everyone (who is going to be in these cities on these dates) on Whatsapp.. an app for your smartphone that allows you text via wi-fi for free for the first year.. so it won't cost us any money to communicate with each other in brazil as long as we have wi-fi..

RAGE

15. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our group ended up with a ton of tickets for the Ghana game. Looking to sell them. And if you're going to be in Fortaleza any bit of time, we have some for there as well.

Would also consider swap for some Germany-USA tix.

16. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palermo, I applied for a single to the Ghana-US game in Natal via PMA. If I don't get it, I'm definitely interested in buying one from you if you're willing to sell a single. We're both here in San Diego, so the transaction should be easy. Any chance you'll be at O'Brien's for the US-Ukraine match with the AO supporters?

17. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see my credit card has been charged $180 by the FIFA Ticketing center. I'm guessing it's US-Ghana but I've gotten no notification. I sent a note to their email and got a boilerplate reply. Are people getting confirmations? I'm also going for US-Germany, Mexico-Croatia, Italy-CR, and Italy-Uruguay in the lottery.

18. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats the date of the charge?!

19. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feb 13

20. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    have you tried logging in to your fifa ticketing account? a lot of people in world cup forum saying that it is updated and you should be able to see what game you got by logging in. (talking about general fifa lottery, not PMA)

21. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Turns out it was for Italy-Costa Rica. Missed out on Mexico-Croatia and Italy-Urugay (no surprise). Still waiting for word for the US games.

22. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got my US-Ghana ticket from the PMA draw, but it looks like it was downgraded from a Cat-1 (requested) to a Cat-2. I really thought that with requesting a single I'd have a good chance of scoring the Cat-1. I'm still thrilled I got the ticket but if the chance comes to upgrade it for a reasonable price, I might go for it. Trying to offload a single will be harder though.

23. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious, how do you know you got this? I have not been contacted about the CR-Ita ticket but I saw the charge. If I log into the FIFA site, I can only see the general public allocation. Did you go directly to the US Supporter site?

24. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got charged on my credit card and looking at the amount I was charged, the only way the numbers work out is that both my US-Ghana and my R16 games were awarded, and both downgraded from Cat-1 to Cat-2.

FIFA has not updated the "Ticketing" web site for the PMA draw, it's not possible to even bring it up anymore, unless maybe if you know the URL.

If you go to the discussion at https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...iscussion-not-for-trading-or-selling.1986379/ there's a lot of discussion on everybody getting their PMA tickets and figuring out what they got, same process as last week with the Random Draw.

25. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did this just come in today. I've been tracking my cc acct like a maniac since I saw the charge for the Costa Rica tickets and I don't see anything yet. Now I'm getting nervous.