US/Ghana - Natal - 6/16/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so whats good street food in Natal? Shrimp?

2. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Avenue Pub is one of the top beer bars in the world. Fact.

3. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True story.

4. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time I'm in there I'll tell Polly her bar ended up as the subject of discussion of a bunch of people that are going to Natal for the world cup. She'll be amused

5. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, after searching for posts and tickets, is anyone else getting loads of banner ads for cheap phone calls to Ghana?

6. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. But i did sign everyone in this thread up for Herbalife trial subscriptions. Who doesn't want to lose weight and live better? Right guys? Who's with me?
    It was the end of the month and I needed to make numbers. Achiever's Club is in Reno this year!

wixson7 and UrNumbrOneCrush repped this.
  7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont know about you but I've been getting private yacht ads and a private plane ad for just $2500 an hour. :cool:

ACGreen repped this.
  8. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Accept no substitutes. The REAL Corona is here. Royal y / o verdad.

Real Corona repped this.
  9. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    boy, now i feel like my ad blocker is really making me miss out

canchon repped this.
  10. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm about to book flights for the US-Ghana match. Just gonna be a whirlwind day trip. Leave out of the downtown Rio airport at 8am, to Natal by 2pm. Probably will go straight to the arena area and park in front of some beers and coffee. Hopefully have some celebratory beers with y'all after the match, then hop in a cab back to the airport to leave out at 3am back to Rio, arriving at 8am.

Saves me having to worry about accommodations in Natal at the expense of some sleep. On the other hand, if anyone wants to donate me a few hours' place to crash for a nap, I'd happily accept.

ACGreen repped this.
  11. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have a 1:30 AM Flt back to SP. We can split a cab.

12. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could very well work. Curious, does anybody know if Brazilian airports generally have bars per US and Europe, or are they more secure/utilitarian á la Central America?

13. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are bars. But having been up for the better part of 24 hours at that point, I am going to probably be looking for a hammock and an asprin.

15. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having dealt with way more military flights than I care to remember in my life, I'm pretty confident that I'll get at least a decent snooze on the flights there and back. Also, considering that pharmaceuticals are a LOT less stringently controlled in countries outside the US, a prudent dose of over-the-counter amphetamines might be in order for what should be a spectacular 24 hour trip. :laugh:

16. eovalle

eovalle Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Joining the conversation a little bit late. Looking to help out some friends by finding 4 tickets to US-Ghana. Might consider trading 2 tix for Spain-Netherlands for 4 tickets to US-Ghana. Anyone out there that can help?

I also have a couple of other games that I could trade. See below.

17. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have 4 tix in Category 2 - not looking for any other games though, just cash. Msg me if you still need.

18. hiphopanchop11

hiphopanchop11 New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Bummed I didn't find this forum earlier to talk to people about Natal.....Tried finding someone to go with but no luck. Have fun and safe travels for those who go.

19. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    There will be thousands there to hang out with, nothing wrong with flying solo.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree 100%, especially in Natal, it's where the American Outlaws are staying too for the whole group stage. I'm solo in Natal and meeting my friends later in Salvador. I have ZERO worries that I'm going to meet up with some great new friends and have an amazing experience. As we get nearer to June the plans to meet up with other members here will heat up too. It's not too late to plan and go!

21. Onfo

Onfo New Member

Feb 28, 2014
    There are US-Ghana tickets available right now for face value on Fifa's ticketing website...

wixson7 repped this.
  22. qrterlber

qrterlber New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Canoga Park, California
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Was wondering if there was anyone out there with room for one more in a room. Im going by myself to the games and looking to room it with other people

23. Sluroots

Sluroots Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Sep 2, 2013
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone looked into or booked a buggy ride in Natal? I hear that doing the dunes at Genipabu is a must do event, while in Natal. I contacted one company and they say it's $430 for a buggy carrying four persons. Just curious if anyone has booked yet and/or anyone know if this truly is a must do thing?. Would be up for sharing a booking with some as I am a solo traveler. http://www.nataltouristguide.com/en/excursions/buggy-tour-genipabu/ is the site that I contacted but have not booked with. Thanks for any info!

24. eovalle

eovalle Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Hey.. we might be interested. There would be two of us. Keep me posted on what you find out and whether there is a fourth out there that would want to join in. PM me and we can take a close look at it. We'll be in Natal June 13-16, so it would need to happen on the 14 or 15 for us.

25. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a must for anyone going to Natal. Remember to ask for "com emoção" if you want the jumps!

chrisjwestwood repped this.