Uruguayans Abroad

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by celeste4life, Jan 25, 2010.

1. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

When he arrived at Ajax, he was very young (19 I believe) so nobody expected him to start for the 1st team. I believe they took him to the youth team at first.

Then, he went to the World Cup, and he didn't play well, but fractured his leg in one of the games.

He just got back a couple of months ago, and is just getting back into the flow.

1 person likes this.
  2. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Ajax didn't even want him, but suarez said, ok sign Lodeiro, then I'll stay.

3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
  4. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Forlan to Galatasaray......negotiation continue, according to official site.

regards,

5. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Lodeiro can show himself as a striker now, because every Ajax striker is injured. At the moment he shows he can play well, even not on his own position.
    Think that he might get a higher place in the hierarchy, maybe a starter in a few months.

6. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I always thought of Lodeiro as more of a support striker that was just forced back to complement our of lack of creativity in midfield. Good to hear he's getting some play time though, whatever position he's playing.

7. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Yes he is in the strikers position at the moment because all the strikers are injured. He accepts this and takes it as a chance to show people what he is able of, even that it's on an other position.