Uruguayans Abroad

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by celeste4life, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Nidhogg

Nidhogg New Member

May 9, 2010
    Never mind... you had it all sorted

2. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Suarez has singed a new contract until 2013 with Ajax a while back.Still so happy about it, just love it. Very nice for a change, instead of moving to one of the bigger clubs after having a couple of standout seasons he still wants to stay. Respect, Luis! Nice signal you gave there, even if you're leaving much sooner anyway. ;)

I hope to see a lot of Lodeiro as well next season.

Thanks, Uruguay! You got great players.

3. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Thanks. The thing is that Ajax can still transfer him for a fee if they choose to. And after the WC, they likely will.

Go Ajax though!

4. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes I'm aware of that, especially when he has a good tournament this summer.

My point was that the big clubs will have to offer some serious money to get him this summer and at this time there are not many clubs who can. Then we have Suarez who seems to be quite picky when it comes to clubs. Usually players that have had very good seasons for Ajax start demanding rediculous wages ( by Ajax standards ) or are gone. It's refreshing to see something different.

Will he be gone this summer? Yes, probably. But he raised the bar for other clubs a bit to sign him by signing his contract untill 2013 last january. There's still a small chance he will stay looking at the current economy.

5. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Ajax have put a price of 35 million euros on suarez, allegedly.

6. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is correct. €35 mil is what we are asking, while €30 mil is an amount we'd probably settle for as well.

Now which club would be willing to pay the price for the most prolific striker coming from the Eredivisie?

7. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Rumor is Man U offered 23.

8. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
  9. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    How much he are now!?

10. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hola Amigos, my favourite club, Futebol Clube do Porto, has 3 Uruguayans on our books, so I thought I'd give you an update on their domestic progress:

Alvaro Pereira, LB: Alvaro had been in fantastic form this season, one of the better LB's in Europe for my money. He's really improved defensively, but obviously still possesses tremendous pace, the ability to overlap with our MF and deliver good crosses, etc. Very good player, durable, and has a great attitude. A total bargain for the 4.5 M we signed him for.

Jorge Fucile, RB: He's been disappointing, unfortunately. We thought he would leave for Schalke in the Bundesliga, but negotiations broke down and he decided to stay. Initially the supporters were thrilled, but he's really struggled defensively this season, and is now no longer a guaranteed starter as we have a Romanian RB who has been better. Still, he one of my all time favourite Porto players...I love his attitude, and hopefully he'll be able to regain his form.

Cristian "Cebolla" Rodriguez, LW: Don't know what's wrong with Cebolla, unfortunately. He hasn't been the same player he was back in 08-09 with us, doesn't have the confidence to dribble by his defender and get to the by-line, doesn't seem to want to run at defenders, etc. Perhaps his injuries last term have affected him negatively, but he's now a backup behind young Portuguese International Silvestre Varela. And given that we also have James Rodriguez, an extremely talented and highly rated Colombian LW waiting in the wings, it seems that Cebolla's days at Porto may soon be numbered. :( Shame, as he was a hell of a player.

11. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    I think there are 3 Uruguayans playing in Indonesian Super League for this season. They are :

1. Christian Gonzales (Persib Bandung)
    2. Ronald Fagundez (Persisam Samarinda)
    3. Esteban Guillen (Arema FC)

12. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Thanks for the updates. Surprising due to Pereira's "disappointment" in the World Cup as well as Fucile's awesome performance there. I knew Cebolla hasn't been the same. Hopefully he picks it up. His 2007 form was incredible

13. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Hey. Keep us updated on all 3 please!

14. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alvaro is really solid at LB, I don't think he liked playing higher up the pitch for you guys in the World Cup. He's rock solid, though.

Fucile is a warrior, I'm confident he'll regain his good form.

Cebolla just doesn't have it, I think he'll leave the club this summer.

Also, Maxi Pereira from Benfica continues to play pretty well as their first choice RB, and Urreta is on loan to Deportivo in Spain.

15. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Sure

CHRISTIAN GONZALES :
    [​IMG]

Christian Gonzales has been a goal machine since his arrival in Indonesia 7 years ago. He wins Top Goal Scorer award 4 times ion a row from 2004-2008! He is definitely the best foreign player in Indonesian Football History. Oh and also as for 1 november he will gain his Indonesian Citizenship and will play for Indonesian National team in the AFF CUP 2010 and friendly against Ghana,Phillipines and Bolivia at the end of this year.

RONALD FAGUNDEZ
    [​IMG]

Ronald fagundez is a very important figure in Persisam Samarinda team for this season, his assist and vision for the game is so great.

ESTEBAN GUILLEN
    [​IMG]

A general in Arema FC team. He will be playing in Asian Champions League next year. Hopefully he can lead Arema FC to a good campaign in Asian Champions League. He has scored 1 goal in this season, I am sure he wills cored a lot of wonderful goals.

here is one of his goal in Indonesian Super League :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1MikyxnXTA"]YouTube - Excellent Free Kick by Esteban Guillen (AIFC's Midfield)[/ame]

16. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awful performance yesterday from Cristian Rodriguez, who was sent off in our Europa League match for 2 ridiculous yellow cards.

This guy is completely lost, he badly needs a transfer to save his career.

17. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I heard. And he got in a fight with the manager as well I heard

18. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Alvaro Pereira got hurt vs Chile and will be out till the new year.

On a better note, Cristian Rodriguez should get more playing time now at LW, as our starter, Silvestre Varela, is also injured.

19. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
  20. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Suarez scored in his Anfield debut!

21. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Im so happy for Suarez. He deserves to play in a league like the EPL and a team like Liverpool. Would've liked to see him at White Hart Lane but I'll have to support both teams I guess

As for Cepellini, my club Peñarol signed him a couple of weeks ago, and without even practicing a single time, he is gone. He has shown to be a bright young player in the U-20 South American Championships though. He leaves us $400,000 as well as Rodriguez who we also signed a couple of weeks ago from the same team and is also playing in the U-20, although badly. We pretty much got a free $800,000. They were each sold for around 4MIL

Sounds like nothing in Europe, but for Uruguay, that's a lot of money.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Bphdi1FAw&feature=related"]YouTube - El Enzo Golazo Clausura 1997[/ame]
    :D

23. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cristian Rodriguez, Alvaro Pereira and Jorge Fucile are all Portuguese champions after we defeated Benfica last night.

--Alvaro has been an automatic starter when healthy during the last 2 seasons, and is just a terrific, underrated performer.

--Fucile has bounced around between RB and LB, always delivering professional, hard-working performances. He's been at Porto for longer than any other player than Helton, our GK and captain, so this title has to feel sweet for Fucile.

--Cebola was great in 2008-9, but unfortunately suffered some injures last year, has struggled with fitness, and hasn't really done much for Porto since. However, even if he does leave the club this summer, his great first season for Porto won't be forgotten, and he's always competed professionally when called upon.

24. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Could anybody explain to me what happened to Nicolas Lodeiro? That guy was spectacular at youth level, I expected him to break through soon, and he got some playing time at the WC; but he didn't play at all for Ajax. Are there any obvious reasons for that?