Updated: Camp Nou Tickets/Travel miniguide

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by NattyBo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You can buy them onsite the day you go, or at any Caixa ATM beforehand. I don't know the tour times. All I know is that on the days there is a match the don't let you get close to the pitch.

2. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the info!!! it won't be a match day so i should be good there.

anybody have any info on tour times? i only have one day to see barcelona, so advanced planning is a must!

3. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShoelessMan repped this.
  4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have just bought my ticket for the Barcelona Malaga match on Ticketmaster.es, I am very excited!

condor11, NYfan and os_mutante repped this.
  5. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow congratulations. you just watched one of Leo's best matches, live!

No, I booked my tickets for the final match of the season, I figured that there might be a post match celebration... ;)

6. soundersFCfan

soundersFCfan Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok - I wished I had read this thread before I bought tickets last November 2012 using viagogo.com to the Barca Levante game in late April 2013. What is confusing is that the viagogo site lists the game on Saturday 20 April 2013 but the club's website and the La Liga website list the matchday 32 games (for all clubs) as taking place on Sunday 21 April 2013 (unfortunately, we depart Barca early that morning). Can anyone tell me how to confirm the actual date of the match, and - if the date is a moving target - where's the best source to get the authentic confirmed match date and how soon do they firm up? If I end up being stuck with the tickets, what is the easiest way to sell them while in Barca? Thanks for any help.

Even if we don't get to a match (it would be a crushing blow to have to sell the tickets), we're still going to do the stadium tour. I bought those tickets via the ticketmaster.es website and it says I can pick them up at a ServiceCaixa machine w/ my credit card used to purchase the ticket once I get to the city. Any advice as to when the tours are least crowded? Early morning?

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Unfortunately, you wont know until much, much closer to the date of the match. Like, the week before. The date will be confirmed on the club website, lfp.es, and the typical Barcelona sports daily papers.

As for selling the tickets...I have no idea since you purchased using viagogo. Maybe someone who lives in BCN can speak to that, best bet might be just trying to tout them...or hope that you can see the game yourself.

8. soundersFCfan

soundersFCfan Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thx Natty, I'll check those websites and hope Barca advance to Champs League Semis (which are Apr 22/23) so that the league makes it a Saturday Apr 20 game to allow them an extra rest day :p.

any advice on best time-of-day/day of week for least crowded for stadium tour?

9. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As others have said, don't go on a game day. Other than that, we walked up and purchased tickets in the morning without much of a wait. It's the busiest tour in the city but they have it down to a science. If I only had one day though, I'd probably knock it out first thing in the morning and then come back closer into the old city for the other touristy type stuff, I suppose.

For people asking if there are tour times - not really, at least when I went (now approaching 2 years ago). You show up, buy a ticket, and if there are too many people in the tour, you sort of wait a bit then go in, and if it isn't at capacity, you get to just go ahead in right after buying the ticket.

10. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i went last month. it's like you said, buy a ticket and go on the tour. the thing i wasn't aware of, and the thing that might catch up most american fans, is that it's a self-guided tour. you walk in and take as much time as you want in all of the locations. it's very unlike tours of american sporting venues where a tour guide walks you around.

NattyBo repped this.
  11. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Agreed, the only parts where I recall staff is the ticket place, the first section where you can get audio guide headphones in like 10 languages (trophy room), security in the visiting dressing room/at pitch level/in broadcasting booths, and the people at the end who sell the digitized pictures. But you move through it all at your own pace. You don't even really need the audio guide IMO (I read spanish though), I found it distracting

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I liked being able to take my time, lots to see

13. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am looking to buy a ticket for the el clasico in March in the toilet bowl, I have never ben there but if I get a ticket, would I be able to wear my Barca Messi jersey in the stand which I assume will prob be a Madrid section?.

I am not looking to celebrate if we score or win as I am anot looking to start a fight or anything and will probably just give a slight smile?

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    Does this apply to CL games? any tips for that? I know they are released just a few days before the game usually

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I drafted a quick one-pager on the procedure for applying to away CL matches:

Applying for tickets to away matches:

· Visit this site regularly: http://penyes.fcbarcelona.com/penyes-tickets. Updates will be posted about when you can start applying for tickets. Generally the application period is about 3 weeks before the match. You will have roughly a 2-3 day period during which you can apply;

· To apply, you must complete and submit an application form which will be posted on the above website. The form asks you for your Penya key, Credential #, the name of your Penya, etc. Contact your Penya if you do not have this information;

· If the number of applications exceeds the number of available tickets, a lottery will be conducted the day after the application period ends;

· Two days after the application period ends, the Club will begin to inform the penyes via email (see below) of the number of tickets assigned to them and the payment and collection processes.

Sample email indicating that your application was successful:

Benvolgut penyista,

El club té el plaer de comunicar-li que li han estat adjudicades 2 entrades per al partit de Lliga de Campions entre l’Ajax i el FC Barcelona, a disputar el dia 26 de novembre a l’estadi Amsterdam Arena.

Recollida d’entrades

Per tal de recollir les entrades, caldrà fer-ho a les taquilles de l’accés 14 del Club els dies 13 i 14 de novembre de 9.00h a 17.00h.

En recollir les entrades, caldrà efectuar el pagament amb targeta bancària, ja sigui la mateixa del formulari, o una de diferent.

Condicions de Recollida

- Si recull les entrades el president de la penya caldrà aportar la credencial original i el DNI.

- Si recull les entrades qualsevol altre penyista, caldrà aportar la credencial original de la penya i una autorització signada pel president, en la que hi figuri el nom de la penya, el seu DNI (amb fotocòpia inclosa) i el nom i DNI de la persona que recollirà

- El preu de cada entrada és de 61,50€

Per tal d’agilitzar els tràmits, recomanem portar imprès el correu electrònic de confirmació de la sol·licitud d’entrades, enviat en el moment de formalitzar la inscripció.

Si heu sol·licitat enviament d’entrades

Durant els propers dies se li enviaran les entrades a l’adreça facilitada un cop se li hagin carregat a la targeta, així com també els costos d’enviament.

Cordialment,

[​IMG]Departament de Penyes

17. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think I will start booking my flight and hotel now for the last game of the season as although I got the ticket I would love for us to win it before

18. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    anybody here wants to buy a ticket to the last game of the season against A.M

I paid 90 Euros and will just accept my cash back?, if anyone knows A.M fan then please let them know

19. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You don't want to see us win La Liga?

puyol and os_mutante repped this.
  20. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    alright very funny

puyol repped this.
  21. NEfooty

NEfooty New Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Planning on going to the Barca vs Atletico Madrid game on either January 10, 2015 or January 11, 2015 (date hasn't been confirmed yet). How early will tickets be available and the date confirmed? Will they sell extremely quick? Thanks.

22. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Spain so confirmed date is likely a while's off unless there's definitely no CL or CdR matches around that date.

If possible, plan to be there for both dates. I'm not sure when tickets initially go on sale but the official website has a ticket resell area where you can get soci tickets from those who are not attending and there's bound to be tickets popping up all the way up to the match start. My advice is to get to Barcelona first, go to the Camp Nou prior to match day, and get tickets then. The agents are very helpful at showing you options for tickets. If you'd rather have the ease of kind of having tickets before getting to Barcelona then start checking the official website ticket area right before the season starts and periodically after that.

jfcule repped this.
  23. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Today is August 18, 2014. I want to buy tickets for the Madrid-Barcelona game (La Liga) currently schedule for March 22, 2015.

I live in New York. So, I would need to buy the tickets before I commit to buying plane tickets. Currently, the Barcelona FC website is selling other La Liga home game tickets, but not the Madrid game. (ticketmaster.es doesn't have them for sell either- not yet, I guess).

It would mean a lot to me if someone could provide some info how to lock this tickets down, or when they will go on sale to the general public.

Regards-

24. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Does anyone know if it is possible to watch the youth teams practice? Is there a schedule of some sort?

25. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I am going to the Valencia match with my father on April 18/19 and, the old guy that he is, he is getting antsy about buying tickets. I passed along the 'wait til the socios release their tickets' advice I learned from this thread, but I don't think he is going to want to buy the tickets on the day before the match. Does anyone know when tickets start getting released by the socios (do they have a deadline?) and when the best time to get tickets is? I am wondering if there is some sweet spot when there are lots of tickets for sale but before the last-minute purchasers decide to go.

This is a wonderful resource by the way so thanks to everyone who has added to it.