Upcoming Hazard Deal Carefully - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DutchCane, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dzeko is a damn donkey. He is weak, he is slow, his touch is bad and he isnt that good of a finisher.

Im mad at how wrong I was about him. I want him no where near Arsenal unless he wants 50k a week because even tho he is a turd, he is better than Park and Chamakh.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Prince, really? Have you ever been wrong? No way. I can't believe it! :)

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I always admit I am wrong. That is one of the unfortunate perceptions about me about me on here. I really am not arrogant even tho people believe I am. :(

A lot of other people have trouble admitting they were incorrect, but I usually do not press it.

4. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    13 goals in 1200 minutes says otherwise.

5. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he needs about 10 chances to get a goal. Fortunately he plays for the best attacking team in the league, so he gets those chances (or at least they create the most chances).

He has only scored 4 goals since November 6th and will be 4th choice once Tevez finds his fitness.

The guy is a donkey. Maybe he isnt suited for the premiership, but he looks shit in the league.

6. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    You're couldn't be more wrong about Dzeko's assessment. Dzeko doesn't get many chances at all to score for City. They don't play to his strengths at all, no perpendicular passes and crosses, all the build-up play comes from behind.. A good 80% Dzeko's goals in Wolfsburg came from crosses and passes form the wings. City's style unearths all of Dzeko's weaknesses but he STILL scores at a rate of 1 goal per 97 mins playing in a style that doesn't favor a target man like him at all, doesn't suit any of his strengths (that alone deserves a ton of praise), last I checked that's the 2nd fastest goalscoring record in the league. I can't recall anymore than 2-3 heading crosses coming his way this entire season. Also, he's an intelligent player that knows where to pass and reads the game well. Weak? How about you ask the defenders that play against him every week if he's weak, how about ask the toughest EPL defender Vidic if he's weak because last I checked Dzeko's made him his bitch more than a couple times, scoring 6 goals in 4 games against United. The guy can carry two EPL defenders on his back and score goals. His pace is fine, it's deceiving because of his height and long strides but he's actually no slower than some of the paciest players in the league.

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He barely runs when he doesnt have the ball and he gets pushed around easily. His finishing is terrible and his touch stinks. And he gets A LOT of chances. You could make a compelling argument that he is the reason City got knocked out of CL as he took none of the chances that was laid to him in that Napoli match at COMS. Look man, im afraid he got found out in the premiership. It happens to a lot of players. Only 5 goals since early November tells you everything. I wish him well in his future endeavors tho.

8. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I think that 'donkey' was a reference to the way he looks. If I had to describe him as a player I would use 'worthless'.

9. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    It's the exact opposite. He consistently records more KM than the average KM ran by a City player.. believe me I watch him every single game and dissect his play (and I'm usually very critical about our players).. I see the guy in defense, midfield, and attack and he seems to be everywhere. He shouldn't be though considering he's a targetman.. the problem with Dzeko isn't Dzeko, it's City's anti-targetman playing style.. I can't think of a single pure targetman that can score more goals than Dzeko in Manchester City.

Get's pushed around easily ... hahaha ... I think this is the funniest part. His finishing is excellent - look at how many goals he scores divided by the amount of chances he gets, and look at the amount of goals per amount of mins and you'll notice he's one of the top 10 best finishers in the world, let alone EPL. You're confusing Dzeko with Mario Gomez. Gomez is the one who scores a bunch of tap-ins and misses 10 times as many as he scores, but Dzeko is the exact opposite.

10. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    He's worth 32,000,000 Euros actually. How much are you worth? I'm betting somewhere between 0 and 10. Look man, constructive criticism is fine, but you're making this forum look like a zoo when all you can come up with is insults when judging players. And it's generally not an intelligent idea insulting a player who has been extremely successful this season considering all the odds against him - constantly being rotated, confidence perpetually rattled by the dumb coach, the team playing to all his weaknesses and not his strengths, being relatively new to the league, etc etc. It's just making you look like a dumbass who isn't able to view the sport in more than one dimension.

Also, he had a scoring record of 1 goal per 42 mins in February, so please spare me the "EPL figured him out" nonsense. If anything, he's getting better and better but Mancini is keeping him down because his mentally retarded Italian son Balotelli has to play.

11. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    you are boring. really.

12. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    indeed. His finishing is excellent. Hence why he is on the cusp of being 4th choice.

Also why he has only 5 goals since November 6th. Best in the premiership and all that.

He is a beast.

lol, Aguero is a better targetman than Dzeko. And better by a lot.

13. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    You like majority bandwagon fans have a poor understanding of football.

- Reason Dzeko's 4th choice is pure club politics. They have to sell Tevez before his value plummets to the point where the club incurs losses, so thus the playing time. Balotelli is Mancini's butt buddy and will always get special privilege.. he coached him in 3 different clubs I think.. plus Balotelli's Italian. And Aguero's playing because he's actually pretty good (although he scores at a slower rate than Dzeko and a lot of his goals came from penalties).

- Add up all the minutes since November 6 though - adds up to 900 something minutes.. which is ~10 games. Also consider the obstacle of constantly being rotated and the rattled confidence.. and the little amount of crosses produced by the team (City ranks among the top in lowest amount of crosses in the league). None of what City does plays to Dzeko's main strengths but he's still scoring goals. His heading ability has hardly been utilized. 5 goals and 4 assists in that period considering the odds isn't bad.

Add up Aguero's mins and divide by 90, he's played 22 games since Nov. 6 and scored 12 goals and assisted 5. 3 of the 12 goals were from penalties. So he really only scored 9 goals and assisted 5 in 22 games since Nov. 6. That's a worse record than Dzeko.

Aguero's role on the pitch is nothing like Dzeko's. City plays to all his strengths - technique, build up from behind, etc.

Balotelli since Nov. 6: 14 games, 10 goals (only 6 goals excluding penalties), and only 1 assist. 6 goals and only 1 assist in 14 games is pathetic.

So if we went by your rules, Dzeko's done better than Aguero and Balotelli since November 6.

Before November 6, Dzeko's scoring record was 1 goal per 58 minutes but I see you didn't want to factor that one in or else your argument would've been over before it started. So even excluding that exceptional period before Nov. 6 to curb the argument in your favor didn't work to prove your point.

14. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol @ calling dzeko a donkey... where in the world would city be right now if it wasnt for his play early on in the year... coincidence that just as mancini starts cutting down dzekos minutes, man city starts slipping from the top spot? coincidence that man city doesnt score for 75 minutes against chelsea and just as dzeko steps on the field they score the equalizer then the winner? u guys are like mancini... wouldnt know a good player if he slapped u in the face...

15. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Top post mate. Hadn't thought about the City slipping as soon as Dzeko starts getting benched part. And you can notice that every game Dzeko's not playing. You can tell there's some significant focal point missing up front to pressure the other team and push them behind the halfway line. Aguero and Balotelli don't do that well.

16. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohh man.... all the Bosnian just invaded our forum......

17. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    So, Dzeko's a one-trick pony? Or should I say donkey?

And please, tell us one more time how we just hate the fact that Dzeko makes sooooooo much money. Oh, it hurts. Moneeeeeey. Oh I wish I had more moneeeeey. My wallet huuuuuurts. Can you spare a dime? I bet you're so rich! Oh, money. MONEY! MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Oh money. Money money money. Oh give me. Oh just a little money money money. Pleeease. I'll do anything for some money. I just feel so empty without some money. Money! money money money.

18. Cheerios

Cheerios Member+

Feb 7, 2012
    Compton
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lmao.

And how exactly are we, as you say, "ruining being a Bosnian for everyone"? Because i choose to defend a great player? You want to make a statement how Dzeko sucks but act as if you have your panties in a bunch when someone tries to defend the other point? Comments like these really get under my skin. Would you like to point out since im a girl that i should stay get off the computer and clean something too?

19. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    No. I'm saying that because you guys are dicks, and although I doubt all Bosnian's are dicks, there's a definite trend of Bosnian's being dicks in this thread.

Do you get e-mail alerts when Dzeko plays, or do you watch every City game hoping to catch a glance of the £32 million donkey?

20. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Alright, we're being dicks for actually pointing out valid reasons to why you're wrong, while your bunch is equating players to animals.

Ugh annoying Arsenal fans. I'm just gonna hate Arsenal from now on because I'm so insecure!

21. Cheerios

Cheerios Member+

Feb 7, 2012
    Compton
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Im a dick because i chose to question your statement? I could say you're a dick too because well..you act and write like a dick but unlike you I have a little more respect and don't get easily offended when someone makes a different point of view. Shockingly, i don't watch every game because i actually have better things to do with my life. I can easily admit when he isnt playing good or when hes had a bad game just not to the extent where I'd call him worthless

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I feel you on that. Then again they watched Dzeko play during that time, so I understand their feelings.

23. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    You're welcome for the hospitality.

You don't know us, and if it were up to me you wouldn't be welcome back. Great manners you've got.

24. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    lol let's not waste our time with these trolls Cheerios, it's become obvious they can't handle a normal debate.