Upcoming friendlies.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Andrés_, Aug 11, 2010.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The friendly match between Argentina and England in Denmark was cancelled

The Argentina manager of Selections Carlos Bilardo reported that Argentina will not face England next year because the host country, Denmark, called the meeting a day early.

For lack of agreement with the Danish authorities, now the team coached by Sergio Batista must find a new rival for the February 9, FIFA date. The alternatives are Bulgaria, Hungary and Spain, and the stage, Argentina.

The problem was caused when the selected of Denmark reported that they have a meeting that day. For this, they moved the friendly between the English side and Argentina forward.

http://momento24.com/en/2010/11/17/...gentina-and-england-in-denmark-was-cancelled/

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not interested in Spain cause Argentina has played them too many times in recent years. England would be great but beating them doesnt proof much either... Germany, Holland & Italy would be great:cool:

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As we have now played Spain and Brazil I would like to see us play Holland. That would be a good, tough fixture and there is a footballing history between the two countries.

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Italy , Germany and Netherlands have already scheduled friendlies for 9. February.

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why can't we play england at a different site? why not in england?

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    good:cool:
    although, in friendly.. even under Diego, Argentina seems to do well:confused:

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess because the danish city was organizing the thing, but now they wanted to move the date, which is why it fell supposedly.

8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Makes you wonder if during the real competitions we aren't told to lose?

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Under Pekerman we did so-so or bad in most friendlies.

But you see how it is, it was a diaster to not win those matches, now it's meaningless to win them because they're just friendlies.:rolleyes:

10. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In my opinion whenever Argentina plays it's never a friendly. We play, we need to win. Period.

Getting back to Pekerman, I don't remember him having a bad record in friendlies, except maybe losing to England.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't what Pekerman's record was in friendly games, but I know kept persisting with taking of Riquelme with 15/20 minutes to go, replacing him with a defensive midfielder and handing over the initiative to the opposition, sadly he then carried on with that policy in the world cup.:mad:

12. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True. I went to 2 friendlies in his era (England and Switzerland) and both times we lost on the last minutes. :mad:

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    that's the problem with pekerman side
    he took off riquelme when it was 2-1 and the team fell off
    the same decision he made against germany in QF
    even Lampard admitted he didnt know why he could get the ball from Roman even though he's at walking pace

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hungary,Bulgaria,Spain, hmm. Hungary I know are still in the running to qualify for Euro 2012. Bulgaria, are quite awful to be honest. And Spain are Spain. So where do we go with this? Maybe Hungary and try out a few new things? Maybe a new formation, call in some new defenders.

EDIT: Seems like the Aussies are open that day so are the Serbians. I hope they look into some better games.

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Serbia play Israel....

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    based on friendly result in recent years, Argentina is still capable of beating anyone. Germany, France (twice) , Brazil, Spain... Argentina has beat all of them in last 3 years.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We also lost with Croatia, and we lost with Norway too(or was that with Basile?).

By the way, the match in La Plata would be the 21st not the 19th, and it would likely be against Uruguay, note that some sources indicate that Paraguay rejected an invitation(though they weren't the main option in first place).

Also for the February match, there's a possibility that we play Portugal in Denmark(Didn't they want to move the date?:confused: Well guess they're making up their mind).

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    We are going to reprogramme the match with England. The two matches are still on. We already have the one in August 2013 for the 150th anniversary of the FA, at Wembley. We need to find a window for the first one,” he told Reuters.

“February 8 was complicated for getting the players together, more so for us with them playing in different leagues. The English have them more concentrated.”

Tofoni said Argentina would still try to arrange a friendly for Feb. 9 with Portugal, Nigeria or a Middle Eastern country as possible opponents.

“I’m working on that...It would be nice with Portugal. It could be played in London but let’s not rule out Manchester, with Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlitos Tevez.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/i...ootball_November119.xml&section=football&col=

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully they get Portugal, we play Nigeria way too often...

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A dream for the media. They'll turn it into another Ronaldo vs Messi duel. :rolleyes:

22. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  23. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AFA confirms the match against Costa Rica.

So now we have:

21/12/2011: vs. Uruguay(?) - La Plata, Argentina.
    9/2/2011: vs. Portugal(?) - London, England(?).
    26/3/2011: vs. United States - Seattle, United States.
    29/3/2011: vs. Costa Rica - San Juan de Tibás, Costa Rica.
    1/6/2011: vs. Italy - ???

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Italy would be cool. It seems like we haven't played them in ages. When I was a kid growing up, we used to play against them at the WC all the time. We played them in 74, 78, 82, 86, 90. Then it stopped.

25. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Are all these with the A-team? There were some game against Brazil with the Local team.