Upcoming friendlies.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Andrés_, Aug 11, 2010.

1. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't he score 2 goals in these 15 minutes? :rolleyes:

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    mmmm so now the win over spain becomes suspect. I'm really starting to dislike futbol more and more everyday!

3. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    did you even watch the match???? they were outdone because casillas wasn't playing mainly

spain hit the post 3 times and narrowely missed a number of other chances... yea they threw the game :rolleyes:

4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I watched the game but considering that they played with out Torres, Xavi, Casillas and Capdevilla its not that they thru the game but rather that they didn't present the best side possible. Which in turn makes winning the game that much easier.

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes but La Furia Roja are constantly prattling on about their depth of squad and they to be fair have a point. Yet in that first half they were demolished comprehensively and we showed them the real posession football masters and at speed not tapping it around the back four as they did in the first two minutes of the game.

Anyway the FA have organized a 'friendly' in 2011 against la seleccion at Wembley which I will be going too if I can get tickets to celebrate the FA's 150th anniversary.

It'll be a prestigious event and a great honour for Argentina to be chosen. That said it also has to do with politics because like the Spanish the FA aer trying to get Grondona's vote.

Even if mafioso does not vote for England first in the second round of votes they hope should Spain/Portugual go out he'll pick them.

As for this globetrotting circus what did we expect of the AFA.

They should get more out of their sponsors instead of forcing players like Messi to act as performing seals.

It also riles the club's these players play for which might be a problem at some point.

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina did an excellent job of breaking down Spain. I'm not saying by any means that Spain gave the game away, but not all the first team players were on the field. It does give a bit away when you use your subs regardless of depth.

Really? Do you know around what date? I'd love to go as well.

Doesn't this politicking bother you at all? I know it bothers me to no end. I guess it always been around, just that now I seem to be more aware of it.

This is the biggest truth of the day.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As Argentinos we love a nice conspiracy,protest and love to argue. But come on, I do not think the Spanish were laying over and taking a beating. I could see Pepe's reaction as well as Valdez, they were upset at their defenses for letting them down. We beat them and let them have it!

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

$$$$

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldn't sleep on the Ponjas. They have grown significantly since 98. Actually I like this game, it's going to show where we might have some weaknesses.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I know its about dollars and cents but if they are going to make claims such as we will pay 200k less if Messi does not play, that is a joke. Now I hope Leo does not play!

They are a decent team and I guess the only game we have to play them because of the Euro qualifiers. Great I could stay up till 4am to watch this game! :D:rolleyes:.. In my opinion it is a throw away game for us, they will benefit a lot more than we will.

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    COSMOS the date has not been fixed yet as such. Ticket prices will be sky high no doubt compared to most friendlies at Wembley considering the stars the seleccion have.

Everyone is desperate to show their kids Messi in the flesh and his band of troops.

As for this politicking it does bother me but that is the sordid side of the game. The monetary side has come more and more to dominate the game.

It's the reason competitions like the European Cup were dissolved and the UEFA cup subliminated along with the Cup Winners Cup.

It's been there from the time FIFA was set up and reached pernicious levels under Havelange and Blatter has taken it on a level.

The business of getting the WC is rather grubby. FIFA don't care about the host nation just about the profit.

Hence South Africa is out of pocket. But because of the prestige countries are desperate to host it. Sadly the demands are now such as has happened with the Summer Olympiad few nation's can host it effectively.

Russia ? Those criminal oligarchs who raped the country of it's wealth while 12 year old children go blind for lack of a simple eye test in the less developed regions of Russia ought to be ashamed.

Putin ought to be ashamed. Spend the billions on helping those the majority who are suffering.

Today the FIFA circus was in Qatar. They want it in 2022. So they can build stadia that are climate controlled. What of the energy demands ? FIFA talks BS on a grand scale.

They pretend to want environmentally friendly games so they let it be hosted in Brazil which has done more than it's share of environmental vandalism and then decides this 2022 option is feasible in spite of the enormous amounts of energy required for climate control over these stadia.

Argentina/Uruguay will be hard pressed to make 2030. It's two decades away but time moves fast.

FIFA is a disgusting body. All they care of are pecuniary concerns like most footballers. Forget about introducing technology, player welfare, trafficking of kids from South America and Africa to Europe which sponsor pays the most.

Doesn't matter to them as in USA'94 that these are Coca Cola or MacDonalds exemplary promoters of a healthy lifestyle.....:rolleyes:

FIFA = ****.

13. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Couldn't put it any better. This aspect is just disgusting. I'm also tired of seeing commercial companies take over competitions, like BBVA Liga, Barclays PL, etc... Shit, the WC tour was even a Coca Cola promotional tour. :eek:

This said, I don't let it trouble my pleasure of seeing a good game. Despite all conspiracy theories out there, I still think a match is won primarily out of having a better strategy, better players or more cojones. :D

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A small update:

17/11/2010: vs. Brazil - Doha, Qatar.
    19/12/2010: vs. Brazil - La Plata, Argentina.
    ??/1/2011: vs. Brazil - ???, Brazil.
    9/2/2011: vs. England - Copenhagen, Denmark.
    1/6/2011: vs. Italy - ???, Argentina?

15. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    So there are three friendlies vs Brazil in a row?

Which of these is with local based players?

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The home-away games are the local players.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe, there isn't a clear date when the one in Brazil will be, possibly it'll be in January, but it may also be later on 2011. It seems there's a FIFA matchday on March, but there isn't any match confirmed for that date. The match in La Plata would serve as the reopening of the City Stadium with the roof and all, that one and the one to be played in Brazil(whenever that happens) will be the ones with domestic based players. Also while the match against Italy is confirmed i have no idea where it's supposed to be played.

18. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    there are rumors that the march date will be played in the US, Kempes was talking about it on ESPN Deportes during the match

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure about that, we were supposed to have a tour on United States in October/November, but that didn't happen. By the time being there's nothing on it.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    An update:

19/12/2011: vs. ??? - La Plata, Argentina.*
    9/2/2011: vs. England - Copenhagen, Denmark.**
    26/3/2011: vs. United States - Seattle, United States.
    29/3/2011: vs. Costa Rica - San José, Costa Rica.
    1/6/2011: vs. Italy - ???

*: Apparently we won't play Brazil(No idea when those matches are going to be played), by the time being we'd play either Uruguay or Paraguay. Note however that FIFA still lists Brazil as the rival.
    **: This match is in danger, however we'd still play on that date if the match gets cancelled, the possibilites are: Bulgaria(In Sofia), Hungary(In Budapest) or a rematch against Spain(Possibly in Seville).

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah they were debating if they should play Mexico or Costa Rica, to be honest a bit too tired of facing the Mexicans. The game was even suppose to be in Los Angeles(Which is a game you do not want to go, if it was in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl maybe a different story) but I believe we are sending a B side to this game vs the Ticos. I am looking forward playing England. It will be very interesting to play Italy(If people think our national team has issues, take a look at that). I believe the last time we played the Italians was 2001?(I know we trashed them in the 04 Olympcs but was the U23 side) when we won.

22. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually for both matches on March it may be an "Euro based B" with players from Europe that hardly get called, like Zárate or a team with domestic based players.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting, hope we get to see Lisandro,Zarate,Perotti,Fazio,Garay,Tino Martino and the rest. Surprised they will not take a full team vs the US, but I am happy about seeing some new faces.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah seems like that England is off for now, I do not see it up on FIFA's site. Play Spain again, blaaah! Getting tired of seeing the same teams. Maybe play the Dutch or some other Euro team. Tired of France,Spain,Mexico and etc(Will never get tired of playing Bra/England though). I remember you had posted a site up(Was it you?:confused:) that showed what games may or may not happen) do you recall it by any chance?

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The commentators during the France v England game (actually more of a systematic destruction of England by the French than a game) did mention the England v Argentina match, sounded as if it has been confirmed and Capello went as far as to say he will be using more or less the same players he used against France.

I hope it is on because I want to see Argentina give England a good beating.