UNM Lobos [MPSF] 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by tolstoy, Jun 1, 2012.

1. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    highlights

2. FLaves

FLaves Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The TopDrawer box score for the game had listed a lot of substitutes, including freshmen who I thought were being red-shirted this year. The box score on the UNM page is different, but I don't think it had been posted when I queried last night.

3. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Hadn't seen TDS sheet. That is odd. I wonder where it came from

4. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    TDS has Joe Harris, Nicholas Rochowski, Chris Gurule, Charles Klepac and Christopher Wehan all listed on the box score for the Lobos last night, but with no stats. At least on the Lobos box score none of these guys are listed as having received any minutes. Also, in the Top Drawer article (http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...bos-explode-for-11-0-shutout-of-unlv_aid27461) there is this note:

A season-high 19 Lobos saw action in Friday night's match. 14 of the 19 players who took the field registered a point.

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-soccer/stats/2012-2013/unlv-nm.html
    If you count the number of players listed as receiving minutes on the Lobos' box score, there are 19. I think the redshirts are safe!

5. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    How was Ben Mckendry played this year? I see he seems to be starting as a freshman.

6. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Ben has been great. I think he has 6 starts (of 14) and has played major minutes in every game except the first one against UCLA. He is a regular starter now. He has a couple of goals including one last night you can see in the video above (the third).

Very pleased he is here. If you don't already you can follow him on twitter @ben_mckendry

7. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    Glad he's doing well. UNM would be well served to back to the Caps academy for more recruits. There are a ton that would like to play in the USA that don't really get scoutedby U.S universities.

8. FLaves

FLaves Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was pleased to see Dye have a good outing. The highlight real had him showing well!

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That highlight reel would have had you and me playing well!

FLaves repped this.
  10. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Lobos knock off Bakersfield 2-0 to move to 12-3 and 5-2 in MPSF. Bakersfield managed only 2 shots. Total of 35 fouls and 5 yellow cards. These two clubs DO NOT like one another.

Goals from Levi Rossi and Adrian Mora-Delgado both of corner kicks

11. perspixx

perspixx Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Temecula, Calif.
    Well, after this season they'll never have to see each other again.

12. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    true that. i for one am glad bakersfield came D1 and joined MPSF. elevated an otherwise pretty lame conference

Hararea and unnamedsource repped this.
  13. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
  14. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
  15. Hank T

Hank T Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unnamedsource repped this.
  16. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Just pinged the athletic department to try to get final answer...

17. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Kurt Esser at Lobo Athletics confirms game time is 5 Pacific

unnamedsource repped this.
  18. Hank T

Hank T Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great work! Thanks for the update.

19. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Lobos up 1-0 over SJSU in the 40th on a Venter goal. Might be 3 but it's not despite 1 way traffic

20. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Lobos win 1-0. Now 13-3 and headed to Seattle for final regular season road game

Couldn't finish tonight or they might have had 3 or 4 more but, you know, they're college kids

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  21. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Conference road wins. Take them how you can get them and move on.

22. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    .... or as it is all around the world.. it's hard to score goals.

23. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Just getting around to this. Lobos get 3-0 win at Seattle behind goals from McKendry, Sandoval and Calderon. 5th straight shutout and now 14-3

This marks the final MPSF regular season road game in the program's history. They are home for the final regular season game Saturday where they will honor some awesome seniors (Campbell, Robson, Rodriguez, Rossi, Sandoval and Smith).

The following week Lobos host the conference tournament

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  24. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Lobos up 5-0 starting the second half against Houston Baptist on senior night behind goals from McKendy, Sandoval, Rossi, Rogers and Robledo.

Final MPSF regular season match. Thank the maker!

25. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Including tonight (safely at 6-0) the Lobos senior class is 52-16-10 entering post season play. Not a 4 year record but pretty solid and great kids.