UNM Lobos [MPSF] 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by tolstoy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Scootac

Scootac New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I sure hope the Lobos put together a great game tomorrow. I was reading the after game quotes from the Bakersfield/St. Mary's game and I saw the head coach of Mary's had said something that really stuck with me; something to the effect of being glad that they had played CSUB earlier in the year because it showed them how to play them.

That really made me think about UNM and their rematch in the tourney finals and granted, I didn't watch the stream but the tracker and the stats made it seem like the Lobos really didn't mix things up much, they seemed too content to hang back and try to wait for their opening. This has certainly served them well for the most part but against an offensive minded team like CSUB you play right into their hands; they simply do not relent on their attack and most of the time will eventually make you pay for it. I definitlety hope they are looking at Duke and what has stopped them and are at least giving it heavy consideration.

2. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    pre-sale ticket count now over 5200. beautiful day in the Duke City. Just a little over 11 hours now

3. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    home. psyched. no voice. great crowd. duke reminds me of air force. hard working but low quality. wenger absolutely overhyped. nice goal against the run but never felt like the boys wouldn't prevail. blake smith with crushing strike to tie and OT winner

how the eff are the lobos having to travel next week? oh well, USF get ready for 90 minutes of hell

4. Scootac

Scootac New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What do you think about USF? All I've seen of them was their game today against UCF and I sure wasn't impressed but I also know one game can't tell you the whole story. As a side note, how the Lobos didn't get a PK towards the end of regulation is something I'd really like explained to me.

5. Duke505

Duke505 New Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Thought the ref called it kind of loose for a Tournament game, but who doesn't like full-contact soccer???!!!!??

Great crowd and atmosphere, solid match all the way around, and Baldinger's goal was soooooo pretty. Wish UNM's event handling capabilites could have risen to the level of importance of the match.

Congratulations Lobos. Moving on.....

6. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Just reading back through this years thread. What a fantastic year. Time to congratulate Mike Green and Lance Rozeboom and wish them well in future pursuits and turn the page.

Nice chatting with you all again this season...

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    It was a great run, nothing to hang your heads over. PKs are a bitch and a sad, unfortunate necessity of tournament play.

There's a foundation for a very solid team next year.

8. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    From what I've seen of them (not much), they both seem like great college players but not good enough for MLS. It'll be interesting to see how the Lobos restructure without them. With the other nine starters returning, they should be in pretty good shape. If Sandoval decides he wants to work as hard as Brian Ching, he could be one of the best players in the country next year.

9. bisbee

bisbee Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Hope the Lobos are on the Zips schedule next year again.

10. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Blake Smith: MLS potential? If so, what round?

11. bisbee

bisbee Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Why not wait until the kid plays in college before wondering about MLS:eek:

12. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    I thought playing three years in college was "playing in college"?

13. LoboSoccerNews

LoboSoccerNews New Member

May 31, 2012
    Albuquerque
    Club:
    --other--