UNM Lobos [MPSF] 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by tolstoy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. soccerjump

soccerjump New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    LOBOS up 2-0 on CSU Bakersfield with 2-0 minutes left. Baldinger and Smith with the goals. Baldinger just red carded with 20 minutes left for what seemed to be nothing...

2. soccerjump

soccerjump New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    this ref is terrible...

3. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    checked live stats at halftime of my game and saw 2-0 lead and Carson sent off with 22 to play. knew they'd hold. nut it out on the road and move one. seeing now they may miss their flight home out of LAX.

13-0-2 overall. 3 home games remaining in the regular season then off to Denver for the conference tournament

looking for some analysis of the game and/or video

4. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    just got a look at the stats. 16 csub shots but only 3 on goal and only 1 in second half. also Lobos with 15 fouls. that's 2 in a row with double digit fouls. and the cards. holy sh*t.

2-0 road win over highly rated opponent that they are likely to see again in three weeks in conference tourney in Denver. meantime have to admit i'll be poll watching next few days

5. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007

me too.. for the first time in about 5 years, ha.

Very happy for the team. Extremely important that they not get complacent.. up to the coaches to be sure that is not the case.

6. TouchlineVideo

TouchlineVideo New Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I normally hold my tongue, but standing a few feet from UNM Bench, I have to say...Head Coach JF is a piece of work. Look at the video, listen to the comments and tell me where the team get's it's direction and "style" of play.

These are just some of the "highlights" of the evening. Nice job New Mexico.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/31005340"]CSUB v New Mexico (Class) 10-23-11 on Vimeo[/ame]

7. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Do they always play like that? Their stats page says no red cards this season I can't imagine why the referee didn't toss about 4 of them from the CSUB game.

8. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007

Care to elaborate on your personal relation to the game? A fan of Cal-Bakersfield perhaps? Please be careful of what you say, never know who is reading :rolleyes:

9. TouchlineVideo

Oct 11, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My video speaks for itself. My relationship to CSUB does not change what you see in front of your face.

Watch all of my videos, you'll see an unbiased representation of whatever match you watch. This one is no different.

I invite anybody and Everybody to read/watch/listen.

I have said nothing, I have simply shown a few "highlights" of this afternoon's game.

If the team doesn't follow the coach's lead, then where do they get it from?

10. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    I imagine the coach could stop that behavior is he wished, but why mess with success?

This video reminds me of the way UCSB played the year they won the title.

11. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't have the time to waste to watch your Bakersfield highlight videos. Others can believe whatever they'd like, but I will value the many hours that I have interacted with the coach and the many games that I have observed, over this 2 1/2 min creatively-edited video, uploaded by a Cal-Bakersfield fan. I'm sure the CSUB kids were just saintly, hm?

12. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    also, since you were standing there, can you please give us the full transcript of the interaction between the asshole yelling and the coach?

I did hear the response, "you want it?" Sounds like the guy had great intentions.

13. soccerjump

soccerjump New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Nice editing work- dont be bitter that CSUB isnt at the same caliber yet. Was the game physical YES, did the better team take care of its chances YES... After a long travel weekend Sunday games become more of a grind... UNM out hustled a CSUB team that couldnt match the intensity of a team on a mission that is 13-0-2. Everyone saw UNM could hang with Akron for portions of the game. Case closed.

14. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Bullshit.

15. soccerjump

soccerjump New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Espola- nice rebuttal... are you 12? You cant support an argument, so you leave it at BS? Case closed...

16. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Watch the video. Then read your response to it. What other argument fits?

17. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007

I don't know, maybe something with some sort of substance whatsoever?

18. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Good morning. Flurry of activity here after I retired for the evening I see.

I think CSUB Coach has the right approach:

“If that is the No. 5 team in the country, then we are right there with them,” said CSUB head coach Simon Tobin. “I think we were the better team in the first half, give them credit, they came in here and played well. We will meet them again in the conference tournament and I feel good about that matchup.”

Looking forward the Lobos host the remainder of the Pacific Division at home this weekend starting with Sacramento State (3-3-1 & 7-6-2) Friday and concluding with San Jose State (4-3-0 & 7-5-3) on Sunday. Both of these teams will be battling for post season credentials and looking for a signature win.

Top Drawer Soccer has moved the Lobos into the #1 spot in its Tournament Rankings up from #3. College Soccer News moved them up to #2 behind Maryland.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    You guys have to admit, some of those fouls were pretty bad.

Very lucky to only have one guy tossed.

Now, the video doesn't show the whole game and is edited from a Bakersfield point of view. (And I don't mean Buck Owens.) So maybe they were doing things just as dirty. If they were, they should have been tossed, too.

But much of what that video shows is just dirty, cynical play.

20. TouchlineVideo

Oct 11, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire (unedited) game.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/31011809[/ame]

21. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Touchline. Thanks. Look forward to watching it since I was unable to see it yesterday

22. TouchlineVideo

Oct 11, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    legitimate take from someone I respect a lot.

24. bisbee

bisbee Member

Sep 9, 2010
    They certainly did not play like that against Akron. Don't know if CSUB was equally as guilty of rough play. This video looked like what Akron faced when they played Fullerton.

25. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    really good quality. Like hearing all the on field and sideline chatter. We can't hear that at home stadium. I tweeted it and @kanstin posted it on Lobo Lair