Univision's Mexican Relatores

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by El Mandrake, Jun 21, 2006.

1. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    No disrespect to mexicans.....I know this subject has been covered at nauseum but that guy that screams asso, asso, asso is ruing my world cup experience. It seems that they picked the person with the worst voice for the job plus the whole fake enthusiasm thing....pretty lame.....I have complaind to the station several times and have just been told "well our demographic audience ect., ect." Same goes for libertadores its all mexican relatores which is biased and anti argi....plus lack of quality period. So I ask members here to start a campaign to rid ourselves of this barrage of cornballs.

2. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    haha si, esta entre el pendejo mexicano que grita asso asso asso o los tontos gringos que se la pasan comparando todo con el baseball o sus pinches jugadores malos como donovan y rayna, hahhahaha pobresitos

ente los gringos y el mexicano me voy con el mexicano y el chila :D

3. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solo Bruno Vein y Chila se salvan de OTRO MAL MUNDIAL de la mano de Univision.. Fiore debe de ser un payaso y NO UN "ANALYSITA" de futbol... Muy malo el nivel de producion de Univision.. Bueno desde que se fueron Andres y Norberto (RIP) con Jessi Univision en el tema del futbol es de lo PEOR.. Lastima ellos tienen los mejores eventos... MUNDIAL, COPA AMERICA ect...

It could be worse Samuel Jacobo, Mr Mexico is the best in the world everyone else sucks compare to Mexico, from FSE could be doing the world cup... If ya guys watch Boleto Alemania, Jorge Ramos sits between Samuel and Hernan Perriera who every time Samuel opens his mouth it seems that Hernan wants to go over and HIT HIM.. The last time Jorge and Hernan work with this idiot.... I mean love your country.. BUT PLEASE BE OBJECTIVE....

I know the Argentines from FOX lean towards the Argentine teams.. BUT AT LEAST THE KNOW PLAYER NAMES, and the flow of the game is nicer.....

4. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Totaly agree with this... Can't stand them.... I actualy go with the gringos... Mexicans are the worst and have an inferiority complejo that makes them even worst.

5. smd9

smd9 Guest

My brother's in Argentina, and he told me the other day that he's so glad he doesn't have to listen to those idiots.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think for these bozos to know the players names is too much to ask. But at least it would help if they know the countries. The other day Switzerland was playing and the announcer kept calling them 'Suecos'. It is beyond a joke.

I always argued that the anouncers don't matter, that the game is what's important, but this is too much. Anyway, I'm listening to Cantor now, on the radio, even though he's slightly ahead of the TV action.

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

:eek: no way man. I watched the first couple of games in ESPN and I couldn't take it anymore. Once they started compairing the USA team to France and Argentina in 2002. Now I watch in Univision which sucks also but not was bad as a the gringos. Plus they always have some nice girls on there after the games :p.

8. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i watch espn man, otherwise i would of seriously killed the univision guys, its a bad thing they dont allow tyc sports. with fabri y leandro, its the best. plus watching la previa on telefe with yayo and the gang its hilarious even niembro is funny.:D

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Univision is a complete joke. Thank God they at least were smart enough to bring Bruno Vain . Is ashame Bruno is not doing the major games. One of the best announcers by far, I just hope is temporary with Univision so he will get back on Gol Tv.

Sometimes is sickening how much explotation the network has towards the Mexican Natioan team .Me speaking as a Mexican native , is sickening at times They exploit the team the wrong way and not the classy professional way . The media in Mexico does thing sway different than here in the US. Just ashame Univiison has this clowns such as Pablo Ramirez in charge and the lousy wannabe big shot reporter Fiore in charge.

10. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Well folks I guess we all feel the same....Ya ESPN was a little painful....when Shevchenko's name was being sung by the crowd so he could step out of their "dugout" (oh god) to wave to the crowd the relator says "I guess Schevchenko has a watched few baseball games so he can get that feel like Hank Arron used to do." What the fcuk!!!!! Either they are playing to a certain demographic or they truely believe that the USA invented fan chant, player coming out of benches to majestically wave to the aduring fans...wow how "cara dura y creido que son" So I am trying to find away through letter writing campaigns and phones calls to change that in order that we can get Klose and Niembro or Fabri and The cartucho guy Leandro. Or until I rule the world which ever comes first.

11. kevinucho

kevinucho Member

Mar 3, 2005
    L.A., CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i've never heard a good mexican commentator. futbol and anything to do with mexico sucks.

12. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    the comentators simply sound too fake unprofessional and that is unacceptable.

I can go on describing why they suck, but I rather not remember.

I too listen to cantor except that there, I hate the...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

and then I see the actual thing 3 seconds later, but I love his guest comentators including chelona from my parent's country el salvador.

I like the way chila is handling the job though, although he has to stand his parter, anyone notice he can't stand him?

13. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Guys ... at least for the Spain games, I tune-in to Cadena Ser on internet, whose broadcast is about 40 seconds behind (I guess it depends on your internet speed) ... I then Tivo the game to match Manolo Lama's narrating. Nothing better than to listen the game narratated by the natives.

Has anyone tried to rewind Cantor's broadcast using XM Satellite Radio channel 147? (148 is in English) If so ... can you explain? I have never used it, but it seems you can also rewind/delay ... that would enable to delay the radio signal 2 seconds to match Univision's. http://www.laradiodelmundial.com/index2.htm

14. Tijuana

Tijuana New Member

Jun 22, 2006

Just for your info the Libertadores relatores are not Mexican they are from Argentina from Fox sports they have the rights for all the games and Univision the relatores are like from south america may be Argentina or Colombia, Uruguay not sure no ofense taken. If you are talking about Televisa or Azteca they are Mexicans, No disrespect for Argentina Relators, but I hate the way the cover the games Argentina won 2 games and they are saying that this is going to be like Mexico 86 give me a break!!!!!!!!!

By the way Messi is no Maradona!!!!!!!!

1-He dosent use any type of drugs I hope
    2-He is not that good

15. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

16. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    The guy you are talking abou is "la torre de jalizco", el tipo alto ese que solo habla de la liga mexicana y a cuenta gotas de las otras ligas. Esta obsesionado con el futbol mexicano. Parece que los que pagan los anuncios en univision les han advertido que se mantengan en la raya o seran despedidos. Tanto asi, que Jorge Ramos, el propio Cantor y Fiori todos estan amexicanados, como forma de convervar sus trabajos. Da pena, pero es la verdad.

17. MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder New Member

May 8, 2006
    The mexican relatores are horrible. It was hard to watch during the last WC but it's even worse this time around. What passes as play by play calling and analysis at the hands of these people is simply awful and embarrasing. Especially that imbecile pablo ramirez. It's not possible (for me at least) to sit through an entire game with him as the relator.

I've watched most of this WC in English and that sucks, not so much because of ESPN's coverage but because I would really like to see all the games in Spanish.

18. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tijuana what DRUGS are you on. Unless el Prof Bracamonte was born in Buenos Aires and does a really BAD mexican impression...

19. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

please bring in the Arg fox sports crew, fernando, pipi and benedetto

too bad TYC sports doesnt broadcast any world cup games in the states

20. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    I get a kick of the Argie commentators doing la Liga Argentina

Quite splendid ! "I may add to have them on board, especially when they narrate Boca games. If they would could only narrate all of Libertadores, I wouldnt mind at all

21. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tyc sports is the best by far, leandro and fabri. are great. is anyone watching estudio f, eith el profe hernandez by far the greatest show on earth. its at 7 & 11 pm western everyday.

22. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    To compare the ESPN crew with anyone else is just plain old stupid. They are absolutely devoid of anything remotely useful to say. Foudy & Wynalda are in a dead heat from dumbest commentators EVER...though Foudy might just edge it out when she said that Landon Donovan was the Steve Nash of the World Cup.
    You may think the Mexicans are annoying but I think they're fine most of the time...although they overdo it much too often. For me, Chilavert is always good. The only people I actually like from ESPN are Tommy Smith and the guy he's usually paired with (can't remember his name now). They do the Champions League games and I think they do a fine job. Other than that, I would rather mute the tv than to listen to the rest of them.

23. MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder New Member

May 8, 2006

but at least theres CODIGO F and the rest of their WC programs........a little relief......

24. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Well frankly, i don't think a woman will ever give birth to another monster like saint marado, ever. Its the press really and the hype of the moment....but hey a fan gets carried away so do reporters at press time. But we feel we got the players to pull a championship. Shite, for a country of thirty million a dismal number of populance as compared with the monstrous population of mexico they still have to nationalize players to fill positions on the nat. team.
    Now I am not dissing. And you would not understand if i put it eloquently and simple.....no one can and I am not being smug about this....but argies live this game differently there is undescrible 'thing' we have with futbol it can not be put it print it can not be schooled...you may think this is corny but again you have no idea what happens in our minds and hearts with this game
    like the song goes "......es un sientimiento ole ole ola......soy argen....."
    its not to put ourselves on no pedestile but something we've got i'm sorry if this is dumb or whatever but those looking from the outside mock, call it stupid, silly, what ever but you truely will not understand it....when you saw Robben looking at the stands in awe of what was happening with the hinchas argentinas....i well up with emotion when i hear those songs....that is why relatores with crappy voices and fake enthusiasm and just lack of knowledge and overall quality is a big deal...... if you now dis this and come out with a ************ attitude about this then its 'cause you know it and your bitter....or not very bright.......can i say more.... no, thats it. the rest i leave to you all

25. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    oh yeah.... the mexican dude with chiavert ain't that bad but he's a small minority