Univision Deportes Network to launch on Saturday April 7

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by huhe888, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you said it! this is just another channel focused on mexican football ...

south american qualifiers, I dont think they move out from PPV..

2. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    1. Univision Deportes Network (UDN) is also interested in European leagues to complement the Mexican League, but hasn't bought any rights yet.

UDN was outbid by beIN Sports USA for the U.S. rights to La Liga in 2012-2015. One would expect UDN to be interested in U.S. to English Premier League, but only as a partner for FOX and ESPN if asked by FOX to join the partnership.

(beIN Sports USA is the odds on favorite to win the U.S. media rights to the English Premier League for 2013-2016 unless FOX, ESPN, and possibly Univision were to join forces to come up with enough money to hold off beIN Sports USA. Qatar Media Corporation owns beIN Sports USA.)

2. beIN Sports USA holds tape-delayed rights to all South American World Cup qualifiers through 2013. Live telecasts will be on pay-per-view.

3. FOX Deportes should have recently renewed U.S. TV rights to Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, and Recopa Sudamericana through 2021. I will have to verify this. The original deal signed by FOX Sports International after the collapse of PSN in 2002 was for 10 years.

3. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Unf*ck*ng believable!!! The terrorists have won! That's it for me, I'm voting Republican this November :rolleyes:

4. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who the ******** is bein sport usa??

5. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    beIN Sports USA is a new sports TV network launching in August. New U.S. TV outlet for La Liga and Serie A.

Spanish-language audio for certain. Don't know yet about English.

Qatar Media Corporation owns beIN Sports USA.

Qatar Media Corporation allegedly has lots of "petro currency" available to outbid anyone (FOX, ESPN, Univision, etc.) for any sports media rights package it wants for the U.S. market.

Qatar Media has already demonstrated that it is willing to pay twice what other media companies are willing to pay for certain products.

Expect beIN Sports USA to go after the U.S. media rights to the English Premier League in 2013-2016.

U.S. rights to Chivas Guadalajara home matches starting August 2013 would also be a logical item on Qatar Media's shopping list.

6. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Stop your shit and post links to your info..

And do not post that blog and twitter account you started..

7. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    finally..

someone with some balls on this site...

Cantona---

8. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm so annoyed by this.... I don't even... I have comcast and this new network isn't even on it. And even then, I don't want to have to pay extra so that I can hear people I already despise narrate the games. This is bullshit! There should be an online petition against this.

I'm gonna stream every match I can. :D

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relax. It's a very new channel and only on one provider. And if you don't like the commentators, mute them and turn on some music.

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This channel is showing some Ligue Un matches tomorrow: are those live???

11. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Evian vs Ajaccio and Valenciennes vs PSG will be live.

Lyon vs Brest will be via 2-hour delay.

Interesting move by Televisa, as Televisa signed a 3-week contract (running only through May 20, 2012) for U.S. Spanish-language TV rights to Ligue 1 with Canal Plus Events S.A. and bartering those rights to Univision in exchange for Mexican rights to programming produced by Univision Deportes Network, such as Futbol Central and UDX.

(TDN 2.0 in Mexico was re-branded UnivisionTDN on May 1.)

The rights fee for a 3-week deal had to be dirt cheap.

13. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you are making shit up again..

14. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    This comment is so out of place. Please keep the insult out of this conversation.

15. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Is this channel in HD?

16. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    UDN is produced in HD, but no one outside Univision Comm. is able to watch UDN in HD. DISH has refused to offer the HD signal at this time. DISH customers are getting UDN in SD only.

17. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure it wasn't a sarcastic comment?

18. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    On the contrary, I have verified with one reliable industry source that Televisa did indeed purchase U.S. Spanish-language TV rights to Ligue 1 for a grand total of 3 weeks in May 2012 from Canal Plus Events S.A.

Televisa made the purchase at the request of Univision, which wanted to track the fate of Mexican goalkeeper Guillermo "Memo" Ochoa's club team Ajaccio.

Ajaccio MUST WIN on Sunday May 20 in order to have any chance of avoiding relegation to Ligue 2.

Otherwise, Ajaccio will probably have to sell Ochoa before the start of next season.

Ligue 1 Round 38 - U.S. TV

Sunday May 20

2:55pm ET - Lorient vs Paris Saint-Germain - FOX Soccer

2:55pm ET - Auxerre vs Montpellier - Univision Deportes Network, FOX Soccer Plus, FOXsoccer2GO.com

2:55pm ET - Toulouse vs Ajaccio - FOXsoccer2GO.com (5pm ET SDD on Univision Deportes Network)

The rest of the matches will be streamed at FOXsoccer2GO.com.

Ligue 1 Table after 37 rounds

1. Montpellier 79 (+33)
    2. Paris Saint-Germain 76 (+33)
    12. Valenciennes 40 (-12)
    13. Nice 39 (-8)
    14. Lorient 39 (-13)
    15. Sochaux 39 (-21)
    16. Brest 38 (-8)
    17. Caen 38 (-18)
    ----
    18. Ajaccio 38 (-23)
    19. Dijon 36 (-20)
    20. Auxerre 34 (already relegated)

19. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was focusing more on the point where you say Televisa wants UDX and other Univision produced shows.. I have SKy and have never seen any shows produced by Univision..

20. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    http://www.prensario.net/1962-Televisa-y-Univision-lanzan-senal-deportiva-Univision-TDN.note.aspx

Univisión TDN viene a reemplazar a TDN2.0, para transmitir producciones de deportes generadas en EE.UU. por Univisión Deportes, y en México por Televisa Deportes y TDN.

El contenido de la señal incluye el programa Futbol Central que, presentado por el legendario reportero Fernando Fiore, mostrará un análisis detallado del fútbol. También Univisión Deportes extra, que será un show nocturno con el resumen de los eventos del día.

21. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude i have the channel and I havent see no one show produced by Univision in the Mexican Univision TDN..'

I suggest next time you post the link that way i wont say you are making shit up.. how hard could of that been?

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree with that. However, I also think your "you are making 'it' up again" is probably out of line for a mod.

23. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ill keep that in mind..

24. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Two updates:

1. Industry source tells me Univision Noticias 24/7 has been delayed indefinitely. FOROtv from Televisa Channel 4 in Mexico City has launched in the U.S. instead. DISH Latino only. (FOROtv is probably worth no more than 0.01 or 0.02/month/sub. At 2 million subs, FOROtv only generates $40000 to $80000 in subscriber fees. Essentially a round-off error for Univision Comm.) I am assuming that whatever studio and newsroom space that was set aside for Univision Noticias 24/7 will now be used for "UnivisionABC News 24/7" in English (no official name yet, just my best guess as a placeholder) when it launches in 2013.

2. Televisa has U.S. rights in Spanish to Ligue 1. Canal Plus Events brokered the original deal between Ligue 1 and Televisa for Spanish-language rights to Ligue 1 for Latin America/Caribbean ex-Brazil through 2014 before Ligue 1 removed Canal Plus Events and replace it with Qatar Media. The original Ligue 1-Televisa deal runs through 2014 and gives Televisa 1st rights of refusal to acquire U.S. English-language rights to Ligue 1. The only way Ligue 1 in Spanish can air in the U.S. for the next 2 seasons is on Univision Deportes Network.

25. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ForoTV is supposedly to end transmissions this summer and will go back to what it was before Canal de la Ciudad 4TV..

kalin21 repped this.