United Arab Emirates Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Syriaman, Aug 27, 2008.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Round 8 Results

Wasl Dubai 2-2 Al Ain
    Wahda Abu Dhabi 5-2 Shabab Dubai
    Ittihad Kalba 3-4 Jazira Abu Dhabi
    Al Ahli Dubai 2-1 Sharjah SC
    Al Dhafra 3-5 Dubai Club
    Baniyas 1-0 Al Nasr Dubai

2. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    ANY IDEA how good are these clubs
    s Abu Dhabi's Bani Yas first division sides Hatta Club and Fujairah Club.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Bani Yas got promoted 2 seasons back and have a young team, they have been doing very well, possibly punching above there weight for the last 2 years.

Not to sure about the other clubs you mention. All I can say is that there is a big vast difference between First Division and 2nd Division sides, we are talking big margins of victory, so to put it bluntly, they aren't that good!

4. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Hatta relegated to group B in the second division last year,Group B is like a third division. Last time they played in first division was 2007/2008 Season when they ranked last. Currently they are the worst Dubai based club which is disappointing since they are financially supposed to be in a better situation than most of the second division clubs.

As for Fujairah, they used to be a decent side, kept losing so many of their best players to bigger clubs including arguably the two best GKs in the country right now. Their youth teams seem to be always at the top of their eastern groups.

Both clubs are currently participating in the Union Cup, its a competition for the second division teams played before the start of the 2nd div league.
    After 10 rounds, Hatta is 7th out of 8 in group A, while Fujairah is 4th out of 8 in group B.

I dont have much to add to what druryfire said about Bani Yas.

5. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    so its almost like the same kind of clubs india played in portugal tours

6. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fujaira lost Mayed Nasser and? Who's the other GK?

7. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Ali Khusaif from Aljazeera.

8. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Has anybody the starting line-up today of Al Wahda of the match against Al Nasr?

Many thanks

9. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    i didnt watch the match, but based on what i read,here is the starting line up:
    GK: Ali Al Hosani
    DF: Mahmoud Khamis - Bashir Saeed - Omar Ali - Haidar Alo
    M: Eisa Abdullah - Magrao - Yaqoub Al Hosani - Eisa Mohammad
    F: Baiano - Ismail Matar

10. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Really? I watched the match and I think the starting line-up was:

GK: Mutaz
    DF: E. Al Marzouqui - Khamis - T. Abdullah - Ameen
    M: O. Abdullah - K. Al Marzouqui - Y. Al Hosani - Hugo
    F: Baiano - Ismail Matar

11. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    You are right, according to Alkhaleej newspaper the starting line up you mentioned is correct except Aamir Omar played in midfield. There is little interest in these games specially with the QF of the Asian games yesterday.

12. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    I am studying the team to do a report preview to the FIFA World Club Cup. It´s true that these matches aren´t very important.

13. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
  14. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Good Job:) It seems you put a lot of effort on it.

Few corrections and comments:

There are 5 clubs in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, Al Wahda- Aljazeera-Baniyas-Aldhafra-Alain.

Haidar and Alshehhi are not fast at all, Haidar is prefered by the current coach because he is the best option available at his position defensivly and he has experience more than the others.

Alshehi: yes can dribble and play multiple positions on attack, current coach prefers him because he tracks back to help defensively, he also has good understanding with Matar. Im being very generous to him here.:D

Yaqoub is the defensive player on midfield, he is the ball winner, doesnt add much on attack.

Magrao attacks more than Yaqoub.

Baiano is a very good finisher, something Alwahda struggled to find until they signed him.

Mutaz: he was signed to be the starter but got injured and it allowed Adel to be the number 1

Fahad Masood: he played in Qatari league with Qatar club, dangerous free kick taker. He played alot for our national team, got called up recently too.

Al Kathiri: he is one of the best finishers with his head or foot. He is a national team player now, scored a goal against Kuwait in a friendly, unlucky that there is no place for him in the starting lineup, but the coach trusts him if he needs two central forwards,if needed he will play with Baiano upfront.

you got the probable starting lineup right. this is indeed what is expected barring injuries.

15. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Many thanks for your aclarations, it´s difficult to follow Al Wahda from Spain. I hope that you like the dossier.

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was actually one of my English students about 5 years ago. He used to talk about how 'his team' were the local champions and how he loved Al Wahda. I didn't quite catch on that he was actually a player for them until one weekend he advised my brother and I to go and check out a game between Al Wahda and Al Ain so we went and the next week he asked me where we sat I said "behind the goal" and then asked "Where did you sit?" There was a silence for a sec and the whole class began laughing and Fahad said, "No teacher I was playing!" Was pretty funny cause he'd always wear traditional clothes to class so I didn't recognize him at all but he always signed his papers, "#15" after that.

Anyhoo tought luck to the UAE in the Asian Games final, losing 1-0 to Japan after completely dominating the game. The national side meanwhile drew their opening fixture 0-0 with Iraq and will now take on Oman today in the Gulf Cup of Nations on what looks like a very tough group - Bahrain being the other side.

17. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    LOL,that's really funny.:D
    The first time i saw Fahad play, he was about 15, he still looks 15.

As for the Asian games, as i said in another thread im very proud of our guys, we couldn't afford to go to another extra time, that's why we were more aggressive. All in all there is a lot to like about our Olympic team and a lot to dislike about our Senior national team.

The two draws in the Gulf Cup are very surprising, the first against Iraq was very lucky because the ref made a mistake disallowing a goal for Iraq, while the second one was impressive because we actually had better chances to score, our GK Majid Nasir was brilliant on both occasions. The most important thing for me is that our coach is having the chance to have a close look at the new faces in a competitive tournament.

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Ok, the Federation Cup hit the semi final stage today, let's see how the teams got there.

Group 1

Pld, PTS, W, D, L, GF, GA

1 Dubba Al Fujairah 14 42 14 0 0 59 9 50
    2 Emirates Club 14 29 9 2 3 33 18 15
    3 Sha'ab Sharjah 14 24 7 3 4 22 16 6
    4 Al Oruba (UAE) 14 23 7 2 5 28 26 2
    5 Masafi SC 14 18 5 3 6 25 27 -2
    6 Al Arabi (UAE) 14 14 4 2 8 15 38 -23
    7 Hatta Club 14 9 2 3 9 12 27 -15
    8 Al Jazira Al Hamra 14 1 0 1 13 11 44

Group 2

1 Ajman Club 14 38 12 2 0 42 13
    2 Al Khaleej 14 34 11 1 2 51 14
    3 Al Quwwat Al Musallaha 14 26 8 2 4 34 27
    4 Al Fujairah Club 14 20 6 2 6 31 21
    5 Al Thaid 14 14 4 2 8 26 26
    6 Dubba Al Husun 14 14 3 5 6 15 22
    7 Ras Al Khaimah 14 9 2 3 9 6 35
    8 Al Rams 14 3 0 3 11 10 57

Semi's
    Dubba Al Fujairah 4-1 Al Khaleej
    Ajman Club 3-1 Emirates Club

So Dubba Al Fujairah or Ajman for the cup, who's your pick?

19. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I have to admit, i don't know much about the players currently playing for these two clubs, however the results of Dabba AlFujairah are hard to ignore, they won all of their matches so far in this competition and also knocked out Dubai Club in the president cup round 32, their next match is against Althaid so its a very good chance for them to reach the QF.!!

I pick Dabba AlFujairah.

20. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Ajman won the federation cup.

UAE lost to Saudi Arabia in the semi final of the recently concluded gulf cup.

It was a good chance to test so many new faces before the Asian cup.

I'm eager to see our coach Mr. Katanec's Asian cup squad, he admitted that its going to be difficult and he is right, he has to select from three teams:

The national team that played in the gulf cup
    The Olympic team that played in the Asian games.
    Alwahda team which will play in the world club championship.

My squad has 7 from the gulf cup team, 13 from the Olympic team and 3 from Alwahda but looking at his selections so far, i think he will select more than 7 from the gulf cup team since he knows them and worked with them recently.

We are not expected to qualify from our group in Asian cup, IMO we should play our young players and see how it goes.

Good luck to Alwahda today.

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The 2nd division kicked off yesterday, here's Group A results

Emirates Club 3-3 Al Khaleej
    Ajman Club 2-0 Al Fujairah Club
    Al Thaid 0-1 Al Oruba (UAE)
    Sha'ab Sharjah 3-1 Dubba Al Fujairah

22. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Results from weeks 10 and 11

Al Nasr Dubai 2-0 Ittihad Kalba
    Dubai Club 1-4 Jazira Abu Dhabi
    Sharjah SC 1-1 Wasl Dubai
    Al Ahli Dubai 1-0 Baniyas
    Al Ain 1-1 Shabab Dubai
    Wahda Abu Dhabi 2-4 Al Dhafra

Ittihad Kalba 0-1 Dubai Club
    Jazira Abu Dhabi 4-0 Al Ain
    Wasl Dubai 2-3 Al Nasr Dubai
    Al Ahli Dubai 1-3 Shabab Dubai
    Al Dhafra 0-1 Sharjah SC
    Baniyas 2-1 Wahda Abu Dhabi

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Three teams from the Emirates are entering the 2011 edition of the Gulf Club Championship that starts in March

Group A

Al Salmiyah (Kuwait)
    Al Riffa (Bahrain)
    Al Shabab (UAE)
    Group B

Al Arabi (Qatar)
    Saham (Oman)
    Al Dhafra (UAE)
    Group C

Al Kharitiyah (Qatar)
    Kazma (Kuwait)
    Al Suwaiq (Oman)

Group D

Al Arabi (Kuwait)
    Al Ahli (Bahrain)
    Al Ahli (UAE)

24. Abu Hamid

Abu Hamid New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Dubai
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    UAE 0-0 North Korea

We started badly, in the first 15 minutes, N Korea looked far better and more organized, It was clear that they were planning on attacking our left side of defense, their dominance and good passing got them a penalty and fortunately for us they missed it.

After 15 minutes or so the match completely changed, i think our coach adjusted well and the players themselves started getting into it, we created chance after chance, we should have ended the first half with 3 goals at least!

the second half was boring to watch, we couldn't keep up the same intensity and energy and the Koreans looked like they were content with a draw, we still created the better chanced in the second half specially the late header by Saeed Al Kathiri which was saved by the Korean GK.

All in all, i was content with a draw before the match but after watching an exhibition of missed chances, i feel we should have won.

North Korea started the match looking for a win but after missing the penalty and seeing their defense breaking down 5 or 6 times in the first half, they were content with a draw.

We have Iraq and Iran next, it's going to be difficult to qualify, the Iraqi team may not display better team play than the North Koreans but when it comes to Physicality, individual brilliance, skill and experience, the Iraqi team is superior IMO. so they present a completely different challenge for us.
    Plus they pretty much lose their title if we defeat them, so they will be very determined. Hopefully we can match that.

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got to agree with you Abu Hamid - that was more of two points lost rather than 1 point gain, especially when you consider how much the UAE dominated and from what I saw from the Iraq-Iran game, the other two teams in this group will be tougher than North Korea, who really wilted after they missed the penalty. But UAE have a really exciting young team so the future looks bright. Anyhoo, here's a clip I took at the match:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtRXS3Rnuo"]YouTube - Asian Cup 2011: North Korea vs. UAE - penalty miss[/ame]