Union In-Season Player Rumors & Movement 2013/14

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by phillyunion215, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UdiHrant

UdiHrant Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Money well spent if it comes to that. IF this group of men come together this Summer and decide that they are a team of professional atheletes it will be due to the example set by Nogeira.

BuddhaWake and Dills repped this.
  2. Bart1986

Bart1986 Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #527 Bart1986, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Just 4 games to go in the French Ligue 1, but Sochaux after a very poor season is making an impressing bounce back this past few games. I hope they save theirselves, I like this club that have a very nice youth system. But if they don't and the Union have to pay this 150k, Nogueira would nonetheless be a steal.

Also, watching the players the Union use as center backs (Wheeler, Berry, is White better?) I think they should definitely have a look in France again. There are a lot of good defenders that could improve this roster, even in the second and third division (Collin was a Ligue 2 player for instance, and not an exceptional one. Bakary Soumaré as well when he was in France).

French divisions are known to be tough and defensive minded, and with a lot of french people, even among soccer player, envying the US way of life, I think there is a great market for MLS, especially for defenders.

Edit: Collin never played in French Ligue2, he actually never made it pro there and went to Scotland to do so. Hassoun Camara (Montreal Impact) on the other hand was a Ligue 2 player.

lopezzzz, chapka, ericlfd and 1 other person repped this.
  3. allgo

allgo Member

Jun 6, 2011
    would this be worth trying?

Berry - White - Okugo - Gaddis

4. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It has to be Williams berry okugo gaddis and just ********ing leave it alone

miked9 repped this.
  5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope we do not leave the back line alone come mid-season transfer window, but based on this organization's history I don't expect any injection of new talent during the season.

Handsome Pete repped this.
  6. Scottj10

Scottj10 Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Bart1986

Bart1986 Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As said above, I wish he's working to bring some leadership at the centerback position (even if going after either Altidore or Bent would be nice too).

I'd like to see a guy like Benoît Poulain playing for the Union. He's a very solid, hard working and experienced centerback with a contract ending soon and that could possibly be signed at a cheap wage.

10. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    .@Ericlfd Sak likely paying Zat Knight a visit as the veteran CB will be available on free transfer after Bolton's season ends.

.@Ericlfd Sak also shopping for target striker - likely ones out of contract soon or play for teams getting relegated & looking to cut wages

from @unionrumors

11. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knight? I only want him if we play Okugo at DM.

12. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this is good news. I'm hoping that they can tap Ligue 1 again. I wish the U had 11 Nogueiras. Maybe they can win some games with another one up top.

13. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sakiewicz stated that Hackworth had, "built a clubhouse culture focused on playing an attractive style of soccer that our fans want to see." My question for him is: When does the attractive soccer that I want to see actually start? I try to be as positive as I can about the team, but as I continue to stay faithful, they have become quite boring to watch. Yes, you can win a game one one shot, but it does not mean that you have to play that way. What the team has been playing is anything but "attractive soccer".

14. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm very confused by the marketing terminology that Hack-n-Sak often use to describe the style of soccer they desire the Union to play. There is not a single fan who looks at how they have played over the past couple of seasons and identifies it as attractive. Brute is fine if it earns wins, but...

BuddhaWake and Handsome Pete repped this.
  15. Bart1986

Bart1986 Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not a lot of good strikers will be free after this season in Ligue 1. The best one would be Jimmy Briand from Olympique Lyonnais, but he is earning a lot of money. Would have to be a designated player.

16. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh well. Appreciate the input.

17. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #542 CyphaPSU, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Perhaps Hackworth and Nick are a little confused with words. I believe what they really have in mind is something called: Attracktics.

Ah-trHACK-ticks

18. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Depending how accurate transfermarkt.com is or isn't, Nick may be shopping in Ligue 2. Think teams that may get relegated from Le Deux (totes made that nickname up, wish I knew a Frenchie to use it on) would be good targets, or as someone above mentioned, players out of contract that could come on a free so the U don't have to buy that 3rd DP spot.

2015: Fifth or Bust!!

19. Bart1986

Bart1986 Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Le Deux?? o_O

If you're looking for a DP in french Ligue 1, as I said above, Briand for the striker spot could be a good fit, but I doubt he want to go in MLS. For a central defender, Grégory Bourillon will be free soon as well.

At this point, I don't care who's the guy, but the Union needs an upgrade both at the CB and CF spot. Just hope changes are coming soon.

CyphaPSU repped this.
  20. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    They don't need to be a DP, remember the U would have to buy that 3rd spot ($150k? Anyone? ). So anyone under that mystical line, or close enough that we could AM$ them under it to bring 1 or 2 forwards who can score.

21. drn99

drn99 Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't see Bent on this team. Very fast and can finish when in form but needs great service and has an awful work rate. If AV goes down and starts shedding salary, I would much rather see Sak go after Gabby.

22. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BuddhaWake and Handsome Pete repped this.
  24. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the hate on Wheeler at CB because he's a "forward." The dude was attacked by Di Vaio in both games this season and handled him like he's been doing this for years. The guys gonna make some mistakes here and there, but the skillset is there.

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got lucky, in one game, against a Da Vaio really not interested in MLS any more. The Wheel has been a lost puppy in just about every other game. Crap man, people learn to play defense for years. Wheeler ain't going to learn it one off-season from the Master Hack.

Wheeler for H-Burg, lets see what White or Berry (love the names) can do in a few games.

lopezzzz, UnionDues, celt1997 and 2 others repped this.