Under Armour

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by metros11, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had the Dominate Pro and really liked them! The leather was soft and they fit my wide feet. Too bad the stitching along the heel broke and I had to send them back. UA gave me a voucher so no harms done. Before I returned it, I took out the insoles as they are simply amazing! As Jayc23 said, they are nice and thickly padded but thin enough so it doesn't feel bulky.

2. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Carbons are in sale on DicksSportingGoods... how do they fit compared to a US 9,5 Tiempo Legend 4?

3. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    I know its not boots....but how quality are these under armour !! :D

jayc23 repped this.
  4. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Love those but they aren't available here in the UK unfortunately...

5. thriker

thriker New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    I'm on my first pair of under armour boots and they are the best I've had in a long time. Love the feel of the ball.

6. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Which model are you using, @thriker?

7. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Dr. Boots repped this.
  9. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Anybody tried the Under Armour ClutchFit Force? I've noticed a couple players wearing them, but haven't heard much about them. They seem a bit similar in concept to the Hypervenom.

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    were they released? I know Soccerbible featured something about it but never followed up.

11. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well, there is one online store that seems to be selling them (never heard of it, but it's teamexpress.com).

12. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's Under Armour's biggest problem; this is probably the biggest concentration of 'boot-savvy' consumers on the internet and we don't know if their major summer release is out.

And just FYI, all the info I have just says 'Spring/Summer '14'.

13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Perhaps closer to the Workd Cup? Don't get their half attempt for hype with that post on soccer bible though.

14. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Absolutely, I think that's the plan.

But, in my opinion, if you're only releasing one boot for the World Cup, don't start teasing it in February.

My only thought was maybe they realised Michael Dawson wasn't going to make it to Brazil, so they started to get it in front of people whilst it was still being used in high profile games.

jayc23 repped this.
  15. ezekiel2517lim

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Anyone know where to buy just the 4d insoles? I tried a quick search on Rakuten with no luck

16. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ezekiel2517lim repped this.
  17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ezekiel2517lim repped this.
  18. ezekiel2517lim

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I tired on the ClutchFit Force today....I was very impressed during the initial try on. I'll be grabbing a pair to review shortly.

holden and derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I've been testing some the past few weeks. UA did a pretty good job on these. It's a synthetic boot I actually like!

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Honestly, I didn't know what to make of them in the first two mins of them being on my foot....if anything they felt odd enough to seem negative. Then I kept them on for about 20 more mins just sitting and standing with some light walking around and they molded to my foot perfectly and felt really, really good. I wish the insole had a cloth covering though...I can see possible blister issues from friction coming up, especially for the one sock crowd.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Me and my friends who are in the 1 sock crowd who bought the insoles for our own personal boots haven't encountered any blisters to be fair, also we're in Singapore where temperatures are constantly hot, and no problems still. Love the grip from the insole as well, really reduces slippage.

only problem for us was the break-in time. when you first put it on the insoles make the boot feel half a size small and it took 2-3 sessions before it moulded to my feet.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I snagged the USA model ClutchFit. They look incredibly cool......I'm visiting my mom now, but when I get back home I'll snap some pics.

rooster repped this.
  24. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm digging the ClutchFit at the moment after seeing Brad Friedel wearing it in preseason, so I suppose I'm still very much susceptible to marketing despite being an old school Copa kind of guy. Although definitely a different style of "marketing" than the Superfly megastar variety. :laugh:

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For what is is worth a dude I know has been using the UA and I have only seen him wear Copa's for the last 10 years when I have played against him. I think he works for UA, but he finally switched into these and loves them. He is a very good player and generally informed about his footwear, so I respect his personal opinion.

I think I am going to snag the color BF is sporting and save my USA ones for the shelf or special occasions....like my pending call up to the national team (j/k).