Ulises Davila @ Cordoba CF [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Talisman, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its a risk either way. Doesn't look good like smart man right now though.

2. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It's better than going to Puebla lol no mames.

3. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so little playing time in a shitty segunda team is better than playing time in a top flight?

Talk about no mames lulz...

4. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Giving up on Europe and going back to Mexico just to try in a couple years and go back, might as well stay in Europe and fight for it. No mamezzz

5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seems to have benefited Layun.

6. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'd stay and fight for it, I don't know about you but I wouldn't give up, worse comes to worst he goes back to Mexico and he becomes a champion. Sounds good to me.

7. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    #107 elvasco, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    So are you saying America is interested?:thumbsup:

Rush1862 and Richy_Rich repped this.
  8. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    lol some of you are delusional.. yea since its not youre career and livelyhood you say dont be a pussyyy fight it out even though your getting paid peanuts and only have a handful of years to cash in on this soccer profession... Dude is about to be 23 and if hes fourth choice in a second division team with little hopes to ascend, pretty sure he isnt going to make it. He should go back to mexico and pickup a healthy paycheck while he still can.. kudos for trying though gotta give him that

9. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Davila should consider leaving if he isn't getting PT with Cordoba. He needs to go to a club that wants him or can get regular PT.

His situation...lets say, Edson Rivera are different. Once Rivera joined Braga in 2011, he wasted 2 years there because he wasn't loaned out to a team that can play him and did not get PT at all with Braga either. He went back to Mexico.

On the other hand, Davila was loaned out to Vitesse, Sabadell & now Cordoba. 2 out of those three clubs gave Davila PT for a long period of time. To me, Davila is still seen as a commodity and with a little patience and perseverance, he can be successful in Europe.

Davila's club is on one of the spots for promotional playoffs. Who knows? Cordoba gets promoted and Davila may get minutes then or gets transfer'd out to a team that wants him?

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    left chivas too early

chivamex10, LGRod, spguy and 2 others repped this.
  11. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    that's a problem in mexico, inexperienced players when they are 20, in southamerica at that age a lot of young players have at least 1 year playing constantly.

hopefully Uli stay in europe, i don't know what is better, to stay in Liga Adelante or move to a lower league.

Overachiever repped this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    too early to tell. i mean if he whould have stayed, become titular, vergara would put a 10m+ price tag on him!!! that means if he stayed europe never happens. at least his situation now he's a few months away from a passport and that will make la liga teams interested. after that it's up to him to fight for a spot.

liga mx will always be an option so when you have a chance to jump the pond you take it.

13. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I never got the hype around him tho...

LGRod, CyberAce100 and MX92 repped this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Major piece of that u20 wc 3rd place team.

deepspace, LGRod and Saul Acosta repped this.
  15. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    personally i rated Reyes, Chaton, Villalobos, and Pulido as the more talented and important players on that team...Davila is ok but not something i see making a career in a competive european league

Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Villalobos was a complete non-factor in that u20 world cup. He disappeared after the u20 concacaf qualifiers and hasn't done anything for his club or NT since. So when you make a statement like that, it's hard to take anything you say serious.

17. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    You are right actually, Villalobos was underwhelming in the u20 cup and so was Pulido since he got benched by 2 troncos in cubo and guarch. Not the most important but to me more talented than Davila

ipaman repped this.
  18. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This, they should only move if they are crazy good (crack), if not just stay and play in the league for a year

19. Rush1862

Rush1862 Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The problem is most players dont get to choose when they go to Europe. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity and they usually dont risk playing domestically(injury/bad form) and missing their chance. if they fail they get a spot back home fairly easily

Puma76 and Overachiever repped this.
  20. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    pulido was benched beacuse he was injured when the u20 wc started not because the other two were having better performances

as for davila ... well he never really impressed me, okay he had a good premundial with the u20 and that one gol in the toulon tournament but other than that... average u20 wc

21. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    by far Araujo, Chaton and Uli were the most important players in that generation.

Saul Acosta repped this.
  22. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    that's why i think the clubs must to debut players from their canteras when they are between 17 and 19.

First year maybe they would get some minutes in the first team.

Second year young players should try to start some games as they can.

3rd year if they are good enough they should be regular starters.

4th year should be their consolidation so between 21 and 23 YO they should be jumping to europe.

Overachiever repped this.
  23. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    if they are titulares the mexicans owners will put a 10million+ price tag and they'll go nowhere. macro fabian says hello!!!

IMHO, still too early to tell with Uli. Once he gets his passport if he still can't find a club and minutes then you can say euro bust. We should find out in 8-12 months.

24. spguy

spguy Member

Feb 19, 2003
    #124 spguy, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Efrain Juarez says hello!!! if Juarez would of stayed in 2nd division... He wouldn't be in the 2010 world cup squad. Instead he left and develop more under Tuca with Pumas and get picked up by Celtic from what he did in that world cup. What good does it serve Davila waiting for that passport when he is not even getting minutes in 2nd division.. get picked up by another 2nd division team?? He could of still be in the national team radar if he would of stayed and developed more in Chivas.

25. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    did the league force marco fabian to become a cokehead?

deepspace and LGRod repped this.