UEFA Women's under 17/19 Championship

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Lusankya, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Second qualifying round for the U-17 championship started today with the matches of group 1.

Belgium U17 - Denmark U17 1:1
    Netherlands U17 - Germany U17 1:5

The group winners of each group qualify for the final tournament in Nyon. It will be the last time only 4 teams compete in the FT.

http://www.uefa.com/womensunder17/season=2013/standings/index.html

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany U17 - Denmark U17 1:2
    Belgium U17 - Netherlands U17 3:0

Seems like Germany will miss the FT of the U17 EURO for the first time. They can only win the group if they defeat Belgium AND Denmark don't defeat the Netherlands. Considering Netherlands form so far that's quite unlikely. At least this tournament doesn't act as a qualifier for the U17 WC.

3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Germany out in the second round :eek:....that's would be a shock ! Netherlands score 42 goals and conceded 0 in the first round so I was surprised by their bad performance this round , then I notice that Vivianne Miedema who scored 18 of this 42 goals...didn't play , I think they promoted her in the U19.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shock....in UEFA competition...:unsure:

Germany didn't even qualify for the 2010 U-20 WWC (which they comfortably won), and have seen nations like England, France, and Spain, all come through to claim more than the odd U-17/19 title in recent times too.

I mean, could you imagine Costa Rica eliminating USA or Iran taking out Japan from their confederations finals....o_O but we've all witnessed Ireland beat Germany.

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They aren't eliminated yet. :p
    Also the third group matches are postponed, because of the heavy snow fall in Belgium.

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Any link to watching some of these matches on-demand?

7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes , they will be play on April 3 . Correct me if I am wrong but Germany need to beat Belgium and hope that Denmark will not beat the Netherlands to pass....They don't have their destiny in their end .
    France are playing his qualification in a tough group which include Spain , Finland and Northern Ireland , some people will say apart Spain the two other teams usually aren't that strong...Well; it's right but Northern Ireland won their group , which included England and Italy by the way , by conceding only one goal .
    The matches started yesterday , Spain beat Finland 3 to 0 , and we defeat N.Ireland 3 to 1 , however we score three goals only in the last 15 minutes......The irish scored after 10 minutes then they caused many problems to our girls , according to various witness they are not extremely talented but very well organized . France have one of the strongest team that we ever had , in my opinion as strong as last year under 17 world champion....btw 7 girls who were in that team are in this one too...our strength is mostly upfront where two young ladies , Valerie Gauvin and Lucie Pingeon , are expected to deeply mark french women football in the years to come.

8. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here are some highlights from the Belgium, Germany ,Netherlands, Denmark group
    Netherlands - Germany : 1-5

Denmark - Belgium : 1-1

Netherlands - Belgium : 0-3

Lusankya repped this.
  9. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Indeed. Though it's not completely unrealistic. Germany should be strong enough to beat Belgium and despite the past two results the Netherlands aren't just canon fodder for Denmark. But of course Denmark are huge favorites to win the group.

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Results form the second matches of France ,Spain ,Finland and N.Ireland group .
    France -Finland : 2-0 : Spain -N.Ireland : 2-0
    Spain 6 points
    France 6 points
    N.Ireland 0 point
    Finland 0 point

The last game between France and Spain , friday afternoon live on the french football federeation website , will be decisive to determine who will participate to the next under 17 euro championship..
    The match will be massive.

11. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    France have the advantage of being the host and Spain have the advantage of only needing a draw to win the group on GD.
    It should be an exciting match, but I expect France to progress.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So a thrilling France 0 - Spain 0.....:rolleyes:

13. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A 0-0 match can be plenty thrilling.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At U-17 level though....
    sleeping fan.jpg
    As it's difficult to imagine senior Germany vs Japan WC levels of discipline amongst 15-16 year olds, providing the dramatic stage for a potentially enthralling 0-0 tie...:unsure:

I mean honestly, in less your personally connected to players on the field, how many good 0-0's have you ever seen at this age group of international football...?

15. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably not too many, but I couldn't see many U-17 matches in the first place. :(

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can guarantee the English coaches ask for a lot of discipline at that age group and forget creativity lol

17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guy Ferrier , France U17 coach , criticized harshly his players yesterday . He said , they need to grow up , to take responsibilities , be mature , the team is lacking a leader , the only thing positive is the fact that we won our two games .....Due to their high technical abilities some girls want to do all by themselves rather than with the team ..... I didn't saw the games but I think what is trying to do is keeping the girls concentrated , be humble , because this group is so talented.....more than the world champions in my opinion.....that it would be a shame if they loss their goals ......Last year only few people knew who were Toletti , Mbock , Diani ,Declercq etc...This year is different Pingeon has the potential to become an international superstar , Gauvin , Gathrat and Elisor all have been on tv as France best football hopes .....what Ferrier is trying to do is keep their feet on the floor .
    Spain have won his two matches despite not having Andrea Esteban who was their best scorer and assist woman during the first stage , the spanish are formidable on youth stage , their record speaks for itself....the game will be massive .

18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Page went from an embedded YouTube "This live event will begin shortly" to a 404.
    Directly opening the video URL on YouTube shows "This live event will begin in a few moments", with 7 likes and 1 dislike :)

UEFA's gamecast shows text only.

[ESP-FRA] France is the away team, even though it's hosted in France ...
    16' 0-0 FRA #12 Salome Elisor yellow card.
    18' 0-1 France corner by Lucie Pingeon, Elisor scores.

And still waiting on the video ...

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    24' 0-1 YouTube link has 2 dislikes now. We are not impressed --

UEFA gamecast:
    Nifty #1: "Live attack indicator". I think it shows roughly where the ball is, as seen by an ant looking from one sideline to the other. Like an NFL field-position bar?

Nifty #2: The Standings widget is real-time, and already shows France 9+5, Spain 6+4. If Spain scores next, they'll trade places.

Boo #3: The Formations widget does not move the little numbered circles around to show their real-time positions on the field.

21. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    31' 0-1 LCB #2 Amandine Blanc fouls RM #15 Mireya García Boa(15 yrs!) in the box. Yellow card, so it wasn't a DOGSO.

32' 1-1 RF #8 María Caldentey pk. About 20 seconds later, the Standings widget updates: Spain 7+5, France 7+4. (USA culturism: they should rotate with a ding! like on Family Feud)

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    40' 1-1 France lead in fouls 1-12 (13th just as I type this) and yellow cards 0-3. It seems that they are having trouble with Spain's movement.

HT 1-1. U-17 girls play 40' halves?

FFF's YouTube page commentary is full of grumbling about problème technique ...

23. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zzzz ... mrrrrt?

80+5' 1-1 FT. 2H fouls ESP 3-9 FRA, yellows 2-0. Spain dug in and held on.

Conceding an opening match goal to Northern Ireland knocked France out.

FFF never solved their video problem.

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Spain - France : 1-1 .....We are eliminated..:cry: that's definitely a big disappointment , we are eliminated without losing a game but we concede two goals in six matches ....one more than Spain.
    Anyway , it was an important lesson for the girls , they are in the middle of their learning curve ...all experiences , good or bad , will be fruitful in their career.
    N.Ireland -Finland :1-0.

Spain 7 point , qualified because they conceded one goal less than France.
    France 7 point
    N.Ireland 3 point
    Finland 0 point

25. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Denmark U17 - Netherlands U17 2:2
    Belgium U17 - Germany U17 0:0

:confused: Netherlands gave their all to gift Germany the first place, but they only played 0:0 against Belgium. So in the end Belgium even won the group ahead of Denmark because of the better GD. :thumbsup: