UEFA WCL 2011-12: CSHVSM, PK-35, K/G, LdB, wtf?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    90+3 Crnogorčević (Frankfurt) scores!

:D

So Frankfurt are still able to win on the road!

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, in the end Ana-Maria Crngorcevic was a quite important player after all, and maybe it means something that Frankfurt didn't do so well, while she was injured...

I noticed Kim Kulig played for Frankfurt since 78': so she's finally back from injury?

Meanwhile, are all you watching Lyon-Potsdam?
    http://castalba.tv/channel/5587

Edit: it seems like it's raining quite badly in Lyon... :p
    Let's hope it's a good show anyway and the teams manage to play at their usual high levels even under a pouring rain...

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm... Sorry for Nagasato & Co., but it seems like it wants to be a massacre by OL. 3-0 at 21' (Henry at 5' [no, not the Thierry henry variety :D], Abily from FK at 19', Schelin at 21').

Maybe if Potsdam scores it could still be somehow open but... I don't think so much: OL is just too much strong: basically France NT plus good other players...

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, mumf, it was Camille Abily: Bompastor faked to kick, then Abily put it in.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So, OL-Potsdam 3-0 at half time.

Maybe it's not all finished for Potsdam, if they manage to score at least a goal (obviously without suffering any goal more), but it's very difficult: they didn't manage to be very dangerous in this first half, apart from some CKs and some deflected shoot, and building a decent action under this rain and on this heavy field is really difficult. Being 3-0 in this situation just means that Potsdam have to double their efforts, while OL can defend quite calmly and they don't have to spend too much energy for that.

If I was at Schröder's place I'd put out Göransson in second half: as much as I liked her vs Rossiyanka, today she seems quite uneffective and unaccurate to me. And then, on this kind of pitch, she can't exploit her quickness on the left wing, that's basically her main feature.
    On the contrary, if there is a match where Isabelle Kerchowsky comes handy, it's a hard-fought physical battle in the rain: this match is just made for her characteristics; I guess that if Potsdam can do anything, they can do it through her tonight.
    Don't know Potsdam's bench enough to tell who I'd put in at Göransson place, but I'd definitely put her out.

On the other hand, why Nécib isn't playing for OL? (Or if she's playing, I never saw her once in first half, that sounds so impossible that I am more sure that she is not on the pitch).

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Stephanie Draws is in for Potsdam in second half. Not sure about who went out.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    59', Lara Dickenmann, 4-0. End of the show. :p

There's no way Potsdam could hope to beat this OL, especially if Potsdam defense is as shaky and casual as tonight... :rolleyes:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    61', Abily's header, 5-0.

It's raining... :rolleyes:

Now Potsdam should try to save some kind of honour... I mean, they can't let it end 8-0 or 9-0, even if it would be easy to go down this kind of hill...

12. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously, I know Potsdam are in a bad shape, but THIS bad?
    That's just sad and embarrassing. :mad:

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now they're even unlucky. Sarah Bouhaddi made a miraculous save on Margrét-Lára Vidarsdóttir at 74'...

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, talk about "subs": when OL puts Le Sommer out, they put in Elodie Thomis; when Dickenmann goes out she's replaced by Nécib... :rolleyes:

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Went away from the PC for 3 minutes and lost Potsdam goal... :(

Who was?

16. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They probably have the highest budget out of all European women team, but the roster doesn't seem that unbeatable. I mean it's basically France + some other players, so I don't get why Lyon are so strong? :confused:

These players seem to play much better when playing for Lyon than when playing for France. It's true for the other players as well. Dickenmann plays quite well for Lyon, but when she played with Switzerland against Germany, she couldn't even perform a correct throw in.

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Perhaps their worst player, Bianca Schmidt, an empty-net header from 0.1m. She kept giving the ball away, sometimes near goal. But the MF scarcely worked at all.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, that's the exact reason why I think they're so strong. :p

Don't tell anyone, but I guess France is one of the most serious candidates for the gold in London. Yes, they just finished 4th at last year's WWC, but I've got the impression that they are a team that's in a continuous progression, and we still didn't see the best of them...

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, anyway, with this goal now Potsdam "just" have to win 4-0 at home... :rolleyes:

Seriously, not only I guess Postdam holds no more hope to reach the final, but I really can't see how Arsenal or 1.FFC Frankfurt is supposed to beat this OL. :confused:
    After today's 1-2, Frankfurt is the best candidate from the other semi-final, but if you saw all the high and lows of Frankfurt during this season, it's hard to believe that they can really best OL.

20. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Currently I can't agree with you here. France are a very good team and they usually have no problems in beating all the bad and medioce teams, but usually just lose when they face a really good team.

They lost all their recent matches gainst USA, Japan, Germany or Sweden. They only played Brazil once and that was 9 years ago, so I can't say anythiny about that.
    My guess is that they will be eliminated the moment they have to play USA or Japan in the knock out rounds.
    I wouldn't be too angry if they were not to be eliminated, of course. :p

21. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least we saw most of these lows away from home and the final is basically a home match for Frankfurt. ;)

But I must say Lyon really look like the winners already. :(

22. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. I keep thinking Frankfurt's going to lose too but then somehow, they keep stumbling their way through the rounds despite not looking dominant at all... No, really, I think Lyon should smash Frankfurt, but a single football game for the final, assuming Frankfurt makes it, I guess there could be some fluke goals for a win.

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well the WWC semi v USA was for a long-time one-sided, even the ESPN commentator could hardly believe France was 0-1 down at HT. And the 3rd-4th playoff game v Sweden was a dinger. If the team is rounded off, they will be top-3 for sure.

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Yes, that's what Mr Eurosport said as well. But he did have the decency to apologise for it. :eek:

What a nightmare for Potsdam. :eek: The pitch was a disaster, of course, and could have made anyone look hopeless, but somehow Lyon were able to cope with it infinitely better.

Frankfurt weren't *good* as such, but I've seen them worse, and I'm hopeful that they'll make the final. I really don't think that they'd be able to beat OL, but if they played a decent match, at least they would be going out in style, as the one German club who made it to the final in Germany. Smisek was crying when she went off, and after Crnogorcevic scored she made a beeline for her and hugged her for a long time. Think of Frankfurt what you will, but there is a heart hidden somewhere deep down after all. ;)

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Slot Schelin in that bracket while you're at it :rolleyes:.

Potsdam (except Kerchowski) were atrocious. The pitch was atrocious. Toward the end, I was hoping the ref would call it off so we wouldn't see any serious injuries. The big question is: isn't Sarholz on the mend? As soon as Lyon's second goal was scored, it was painfully obvious that they had Naeher sussed.