UEFA WCL 2011-12: CSHVSM, PK-35, K/G, LdB, wtf?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 23, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's a publicity pitch: they're trying to convince people there will be 22 martas of the pitch.

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    It's going to be a busy few (TV) days! In summary...

Wednesday

- Frankfurt v. LdB, 15.00 CET: Eurosport Sweden & Germany, or livestream from Hessischer Rundfunk, who don't usually geoblock.
    - Bröndby v. Lyon, 19.00 CET: Eurosport France.
    - Göteborg v. Arsenal, 19.00 CET: livestream via Göteborg's website.

Thursday

- Rossiyanka v. Potsdam, 12 noon CET: Eurosport Germany.

Anybody got any other sources?

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Just Sweden. Not Germany. Which may be just as well. :cool:

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ooooooooh, I could have SWORN I saw it there :rolleyes:. Now when I go in, I see that Eurosport Germany are showing Bröndby-Lyon too, and have the broadcast starting at 18.30 CET: can they really have updated their pages in the past hour or two? :confused:

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Ah, that's Eurosport 2, hardly anyone [read: certainly not me :cool:] gets that on TV anyway. :rolleyes:

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, I'd offer to record it for you, but Eurosport (2) Sweden isn't showing it :rolleyes:.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, thanks. Never mind about Bröndby. If I can watch Frankfurt lose tomorrow, that will have to be good enough. :eek:

8. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Two more ways to follow the Frankfurt-Malmö match today: via radio, for those like me who might like to practice their listening comprehension of Swedish, or via a newspaper, which I presume will be some sort of text updates.

For yucks (because none of us really expect the day to have too many more yucks in store for us), here's Sydsvenskan's report from the first match played a week ago. The article notes the importance of Icelanders to this team.

I recommend changing the main picture at the top to picture 2 (Gunnarsdottir's goal, showing Bartusiak coming in a little late) or even better, 3 (the look on goalkeeper Helgadottir's face, confronted by a splayed-out Garefrekes, is a hoot and a half).

For the other fixture, Göteborg hosting some team from England, as mentioned previously you can watch it live at K/G's website. The top story is the link to the video, and it's a great picture of the team. Below that is the first installment of this year's 10-minute video put out by the team. See Joanna Almgren in a nubbly sweater; about halfway through, check out Lisa Ek's new haircut and color (think pink pageboy); toward the end there's an interview (in English) with Christian Press.

9. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3:0 for Frankfurt.
    Of course Garefrekes scored two goals and two goals were scored in the last two minutes. :eek:

Also young Chojnowski (17 years) scored a goal. :)

All three goals were headers and especially Marozsan's assist for the 3:0 was fantastic.

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Phew. :eek:
    *slowly exhales*

11. shreddir

shreddir Member

Mar 15, 2005
    How badly did Baramaj mess up her knee when she went down in that 4 min extra time. Hope she's not out again after missing so much the last couple of months. She looked kind of rusty as did Cernogovic but I guess that's to be expected. My German isn't so good, but did they say that Bartusiak's yellow benches her for the semis?:eek:

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes Bartusiak has got 2 bookings in those 2 Malmo/LdB games so should be suspended.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    ... which is unfortunate for the opponents in the semis.

(Boom boom. as Basil Brush would say.)

14. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh dear, #9 of Kopparbergs will surely cry after the match. In one minute she wasted two sitters. :eek:

15. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Press. And yeah... She's got potential but it's strangely, pretty raw for a former Hermann Mac trophy winner.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Three now. She's one of the New Kids on the Block, Christen Press. I actually just said to someone else that she needs a masterclasss with Marozsan. To be fair, she hasn't been playing more than a couple of weeks with Gothenburg... but individual ball control in front of the goal isn't team-dependent.

17. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    They're playing the interview with Press, held for some reason at a Hyundai dealership. Did she just say she hopes 'to help her team build a better product'?

18. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, there was an interview with her during half-time. Nice girl, but she needs to improve her finishing. :eek:

I am pretty sure I already saw her face in the Hottest Women's Players thread.

19. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The poor dear is in for some culture shock. On the other hand, she claims she likes new experiences and learning something new every day. Perhaps it'll be easy for her to do a Jennifer Nobis and see football as something other than "a product"?

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Why isn't Liljegärd on? Nobody else is picking up on Lindén's through balls.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    BIF 0-4 OL FT

abily/thomis/le sommer/le sommer

same tariff as first leg.

22. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hammarström lucky to not get tossed out there for smacking an Arsenal in the head.

Torbjörn's listening to you, Smulan... C'mon, Liljegärd, do your stuff!

23. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The ref is drunk.

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Arsenal players now flopping whenever a black jersey gets within 2 meters. Have never seen Törnqvist so outraged by a bad call.

On the other hand, she appeared to get a case of cider after the match for her trouble.

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I thought she was spectacular this evening... Sparkling, even ;).

If it's true what the commentators said during the first half, though, and the coach was hoping for two late goals... I say BOOOOOOOOOO! Your plan backfired and you should have reacted accordingly :mad:.