UEFA WCL 2011-12: CSHVSM, PK-35, K/G, LdB, wtf?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    See, that's an American thing. I'm not "proud" of my "hometown team", because I have in no way contributed toward creating them. You all need to define the concept of "pride" that you love to put your hands on heart for.

1 person likes this.
  2. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ah, but am I right in saying that you are happy that Glasgow City has progressed so far, and that you would be even more pleased if the team were to keep advancing, merely because they are from Glasgow (and are not as a team/organization otherwise reprehensible in some way, as far as we know)? Perhaps 'pride' is not quite the right word to describe the emotion, the feeling of association with one's place of origin. What is it, though?

Or perhaps I have completely misunderstood, and 'gaun yirsels' is some sort of expression of disappointment.

3. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Topophilia?

'Topophilia' with particular reference to sports teams, was the subject of my dissertation. Would have been brilliant, if I'd actually finished it.

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Is that an acute condition or a chronic one? Sounds like you could definitely get arrested for indulging in a small bout of it in a public place.

And while we're in the general geo-ey area... Here's a Glaswegian contribution to the discussion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZCZjhjguA"]Primal Scream - Rocks - YouTube[/ame]

(Rocks - gettit?)

This is getting whisked off to the trash, isn't it?

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, some of it, sure.

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Somebody help me out here: anybody know the actual venue for this year's final? I mean the actual stadium - has it been announced and I missed it? If not, when will it be announced? I seem to remember a vague rumour of it having to be moved to Augsburg, but I can't seem to find my way back to that rumour :confused:.

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Just read somewhere that the stadium at Unterhaching would be the only alternative to the Allianz Arena, but that capacity might be too low at around 15000. Over 14000 went to last year's final, but I can see attendance being higher in Germany. Oh well, maybe it will end up in Augsburg :rolleyes:.

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not yet. last season they announced Fulham as late as March I think, so plenty of time ;)

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Bastard UEFA - I have hotels to book!

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Other rumours place it at the Olympics Stadium.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Haha, I like that - a Munich newspaper reporting rumours from a Frankfurt newspaper :D.

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You know it is gonna be around Munchen and Augsburg is like 30 minutes away by train. You can safely book the hotel now.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ahhhhh, but it *depends* :p. I'm just going to have to book several and then try to remember to cancel in time.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Frankfurt v. PSG is now (14.15 CET) available via livestream on Hessischer Rundfunk's webpage and seems to be working without a VPN. In other words, it's not only for Germany.

15. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After 60 minutes Frankfurt are leading 3:0, goals by Bajramaj, Garefrekes and Behringer.

Actually I expected more from PSG to be honest, though I did guess that they're more like Juvisy and not like Lyon.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG have not invested money yet in the women's side so players are not a great standard besides Bussaglia Boulleau and Lepailleur plus the 2 new american girls. Match was pleasant to watch with a warmer weather than expected.

17. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    10:0

It's no coincidence that that reads as 10 :eek:

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Bless their little football socks. One of the Glasgow players was sobbing uncontrollably afterwards. You know that you just might have a leaky defence if you make Anja Mittag look good(ish).

19. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    I think their manager/coach has a lot to answer for. It seems he completely underestimated the gulf between the two sides and didn't set his game plan accordingly. We all knew how Potsdam would line up and how they would play and yet he still just sent his players out to flail about in the oncoming tide. He better be working on something in the next couple of days...

20. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here you can see Energyia-Rossyianka: http://www.rfs.ru/main/news/ct134/72916.html
    Now is HT break, Rossyianka is leading 1-0 and Energyia playing in 10.
    Don't expect too much, it's a very "basic" broadcasting, just the images :p

1 person likes this.
  21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I'll wager it wasn't the goalkeeper, though; she had probably shut down all human emotions in an emergency attempt at self-preservation. Not that she won't be traumatized, poor thing. (Now will you believe me when I tell you that Turbine Potsdam is Evil?)

Thanks for that. And starring for Rossyianka, our very own Софи Якобссон.

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Are the Arses on anywhere later, oh wise bunch?

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How bad that Glasgow defence look. Mistakes after mistakes :eek: incredibly poor. Plus the goalkeeper isn't good on 2nd 3rd 8th and 9th goal. The 10th goal sums up the game.

25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    UEFA calls Potsdam's victory 'comfortable'. They mean 'for Potsdam', I presume.

Here's the UEFA article about the Fortuna v. Göteborg game. Of note, Jane Törnqvist scored the away goal for Göteborg (was nice to hear her being interviewed on the sports news); Ingvild Stensland, who won the tournament last year with Olympique Lyonnais, is extensively interviewed (in English, but is that a French accent she has now??) in the accompanying video; and the splash-screen for the video features an action shot of Marlene Sjöberg, my favorite too-short-for-Dennerby defender.