PBP: UEFA CL Semifinal 2nd Leg | FC Barcelona v Chelsea FC | 24 April 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Couldn't have said it better. Valdes may have been able to do better on Chelsea's goal in the first leg and in the first and second goal conceded to Madrid but in reality they were f*ck ups by the defense first and foremost.

Had we put away all the chances that we did have, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

2. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A bit too much.

3. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chelsea plays clean 100% of the time. :rolleyes:

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And I hope that you finally go for that brain surgery that you've been putting off since... you were born.

Do I need to link you to the Wigan match highlights? Mata's ghost goal?

GTFO of here...

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now that that is out of the way, while Barca did the same thing over and over again, they created chances over and over again. Better finishing would have won it.

No response to the Sanchez comment.

6. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congrats to Chelsea. They put their chances away.

BlueDay... I hope you're as quick to come talk after the final is played. The only thing worse than not making a final is making it and not winning it- OVER AND OVER again.

7. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PLEASE, don't quote the trolls. VeB.

And the oil tycoon that poured money into your team and has led you to... hold on, you guys still haven't won shit.

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You've missed some players:
    Coentrao and Carvalho.

Kaka and Higuain represent world-class players who can step into the attack. Diarra is one of the best d-mids in the world in my opinion. Carvalho has had a great career and still is very, very good. Coentrao is like Adriano.

Let's look at it this way:
    -if Arbeloa is out then Ramos can go to RB and you bring in Carvalho, Albiol, or Varane
    -if a CB is out you bring in one of the ones mentioned above
    -if Marcelo is out you bring in Coentrao
    -if Khedira is out you bring in Diarra
    -if Ozil, Di Maria, or Ronaldo are out you can bring in Kaka
    -if Benz is out you can bring in Higuain

That's pretty damn impressive. Not sure who would come in for Xabi Alonso. From what I understand Sahin is very talented. Plus I didn't even mention Callejon or Granero since I am not so familiar with them, but they are pretty good, no?

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, no Chelsea player ever dives, and when they got those 2 awful decisions in their favour against Wigan all the Chlesea players, led by John Terry went to the FA and asked for the result to be overturned. Talking of Terry, the guy is a veritable saint, loved by one and all (especially by the wives and girlfriends of his team mates and Anton Ferdinand). Drogba doesn't know the meaning of the word dive, Ashley Cole donates all his wages to chairty and Abromivich earned his billions by hard work. Gawd bless them all. And as for their fans, well hurling abuse during the minutes silence for those that died at Hillsborough, classy people.

I don't care who Chelsea play in the final, they are going to lose, look out for Fat Frank crying his little eyes out.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think it is a bit silly to deny that LPB have a stronger squad than Barca, to me that seems patently obvious. Our first XI, imho, is still better than LPB's but our squad isn't.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    actually, Barca defense was horrible at times
    Remember, Barca scored both against Madrid and Chelsea but the conceided stupid stupid goal.

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya. Real and Man City have crazy depth, and Chelsea is still up there.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's funny how the Barca v Chelsea game is being presented, you would think that Wolves had just beaten Barca to reach the CL final. Chelsea lest we forget have a 50 million quid player they could bring of the bench and another player who they paid 27 million quid for who was suspended (David Luiz). Good news for either LPB or Bayern is that clown will be playing in the final.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder why Messi always unable to score Chelsea defense...I know he assisted Iniesta goal yesterday and few years ago but Chelsea is never the hardest team to scored against.

Tevez, as good as he is, he's not at Messi's level as a player but he scored agaisnt them easily, with header, long range, solo run, penalty, freekicks while Messi hit the post with his penalty with his long shot, his right foot shot hit side netting and also his curl shot back in 2006 hit the post too:eek: .Sometimes there's simply no explanation in failure.

15. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Why is Afellay never in the starting line-up?

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Cuz he's been injured all season.

17. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Well they certainly played like a small team like Wolves.

Although when down a man you can't really blame them in that instance.

Anyway, amazing how much hate Barcelona gets from the neutrals.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If they don't we are likely to see some kind of strike but worse than this year's. Other clubs in Spain are really in trouble financially and the only way out of this is more television money. They already have maxed out revenue from game day ticket sales and merchandise. It isn't going to be pretty.

19. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My question is... how the hell was Chelsea allowed to score that first goal? We were two up, getting through to the next round and still got caught WAY up field. WTF?

20. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Because your guys' defense is shaky as fack. Barca needs a quality LB, a quality CB, and someone to score and take some of the pressure off Messi

21. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    They have someone to score, but he has been out injured for a while.

A defensive addition would be wise though.

22. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not only wise but necessary. You should not have close to 80% possession over 180 minutes and still have 3 goals scored on you

23. well of eternity

Sep 30, 2007
    Sweden
    I haven't followed this thread, and just came by to say my take on these two legs, as a casual Barcelona supporter:

Chelsea were the better team and deserved to win. All tactics within the confines of the rules are equally valid, regardless of the amount of aesthetic beauty we may happen to find in them. The referees were flawless. Barcelona can only blame themselves for allowing so simple goals against them, and not putting away their chances.

Come what may tonight, I root for Chelsea in the final.

Peace :D

24. miguel9

miguel9 Member

May 1, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That is what was killing me. Why were we so far forward and leaving the back wide open when we were in a position to go through. Feels like we defeated ourselves.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I call it "post goal doze mode". You see it done by many teams in many different sports. Just a natural tendency to be arrogant and/or lose focus of one's responsibilities for a minute or two after a big goal.

I honestly believe if Barca goes in at halftime 2-nil up they would've won by 4 or 5 goals. But if my Aunt had balls...