UEFA CL Semi-finals draw | 11.04.2014 | 12:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

You know what it is! Who do you lot want to play? We're obviously the most desirable team at the moment due to our laughable performance versus a severely weakened Dortmund. Couldn't even score one freaking goal. I'm getting off track. Who would you want us to play?

2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern is probably the best of the bunch, but they're overrated.
    Mourinho knows our tendencies and personnel too well.
    We've fallen flat on our faces against Atleti in the league, but we destroyed them in this format in the CdR.

I don't really like our chances against any of the four, but give me Atleti. Though the city might explode.

Hsain85, raven3k and anticule repped this.
  3. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would like us to get Chelsea. Bayern vs Atletico.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Why are we the most desirable team? Chelsea did the exact same thing we did except in reverse, Bayern are looking vulnerable and Atleti is still Atleti. I don't care who we get but if a team "desires" us all the better, I hope they get their wish and we can take advantage of their arrogance :D

This is the semifinals, anything can happen now...

Digital, RMSocrates and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  5. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    I really like our chances against Chelsea...our defence has sucked lately and they have the least potent attack of all the teams remaining....Overall I think we have much more quality than them...and Bale/CR7 would probably love a premiership match up...

Atleti is scary at the moment...the passion..the confidence etc.. but I like our chances over two legs. Tricky one though...both teams know each other so well....

Bayern probably have the best squad in Europe...they would be hell over 2 legs...rather meet them in the final (fingers crossed)...

6. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Give me Atleti. If we got Chelsea there might be some extra motivation to put them to the sword but I'd probably feel more comfortable rattling Atleti's cage. At this stage any of the three are going to be tough and the team and coach are going to have to come up big if we want to make the final.

7. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    bayern are very overrated.

they are soft. average players in average positions that know how to play with one another. they are weaker than atletico for us but stronger than chelsea. regardless, we are about to win the 10th.

btw, the draw is at 11am in nyon. i guess thats 3am pst, 6am est and ya

Hsain85 repped this.
  8. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    And while I don't care who we get, I personally would love to see Atleti-Bayern. That has potential to be a great tie imo.

9. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want Atleti. I want to play someone different.

Also, with Courtois out if they play Chelsea, I would rather that not happen. So us-Chelsea, Bayern-Atleti will work.

Madrid_1902 repped this.
  10. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I want Atleti, for completely irrational reasons. Last time we won it, we played a Spanish team in the semis, with a German and English team playing the other semi. We beat the Spanish team, the Germans beat the English, and we beat the German team in the final. I'm hoping for a repeat.

11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Us/Bayern vs. Chelsea/Atleti are very good matchups, flair vs discipline pretty much. Would be very boring to see Chelsea vs. Atleti, while a Madrid vs Bayern final would be top.

12. madridi92

madridi92 Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I sure hope its Chelsea, I live near London and it would be a dream opportunity to attend a massive Madrid game. All of the possible opponents have their strengths and weaknesses, although I'd like to think that Atletico would be the easiest opponents since we've already beaten them in a cup competition this season.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  13. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    give me bayern already, we'll show those over rated pricks who is the best team in the world

Hsain85 repped this.
  14. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Atletico, given that we've beaten them twice this year, though not in the league. I hope they are reaching their physical peak and wouldn't handle the pressure of both league and CL.

I don't want Chelsea because it'd be too ugly and awkward, and it's Mourinho.

I really don't want Bayern because they'd be just too tough over two games, as opposed to one game in Lisbon, if we reach the final.

15. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to someone, this must be full of Americans.

With over-confidence oozing through your American pores, and the stare to make any foe cower and shit their pants. Almost like that of an eagle soaring when it sees its prey, and the prey at that instant looks into the eagle's eye, and it can feel the fear consuming its entire body. Each nerve sending signals, messages to the brain.....ohh shit America is here with its over-confidence.

Anyways, i felt offended here.

I do not know what team is easy now? Chelsea, Bayern, Ateltico? Do not want any of those three. Wish we could just get our ghost version like in Mario kart.

Chinky24, MadridFan22304 and sneakking repped this.
  16. ozil_express

ozil_express Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    last time we were in such a situation, a certain Dani Alves was stretchered off and us Madridistas inspired the Arab Spring

temesgen repped this.
  17. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    I think Chelsea would be the most favorable matchup here.

With Hazard out for the semis (most likely), Matic cup-tied, I think Real can take advantage here... Their strikers don't offer much threat either, the only truly dangerous players in this situation are Schurrle and Oscar. I just think overall given Chelsea's domestic form the signs would favor Madrid in a matchup like that.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think we would have won that year if he had not done that and I honestly think we would have won the whole thing. Still hard to swallow.:mad:

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea definitely..

20. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want Bayern because we have already seen Chelsea and Pathetico. I think Bayern is overrated. We beat Chelsea in a tournament already this year. Pathetico is not a problem but if we play them in the finals then I am pretty worried. Playing Pathetico in a tournament style is not a problem as shown this year.

Hsain85 repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would avoid Atletico. They have our number this season and have more heart than we did in 2 seasons.
    I also think it's too soon for our (mental midget) players to face Mourinho in such an important event for us, if he beats us all hell is gonna break loose.

That leaves us with Bayern, who imo are very overrated this season. I do think that our chances of beating them are better in the final than in semifinals though.

It's gonna be a tough draw, no matter who we get.

edit: obligatory prediction:
    Atletico - Chelsea
    Bayern - Real Madrid

Hsain85 repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They missed like 4-5 key players in the CDR, which makes that tie a bad example because it doesn't show Atleticos true colors.

23. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know most people don't care but we already played Chelsea in a tournament and beat them. I don't think the players care about facing Mourinho. We already faced him and got that out of the way.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In a pointless summer tournament. Mourinho lost almost every friendly game vs a big team the year he won the CL title with Inter.

25. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're right they were missing their players.

Forgot about that.