PBP: UEFA CL | Matchday 6 | FC Barcelona v S.L Benfica | 5 Dec 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need Messi for Sunday, I need Messi for sunday

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If Messi is out for 10 days, then we all just received a close Liga title race for Christmas. Surely there will be points dropped against Betis and/or Atletico.

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apart from hardly ever getting injured, he does seem to recover very quickly from injuries, if you remember the awful looking injury he received against Atletico a couple of seasons ago which appeared to have broken his ankle but he was back in about 10 days. I'm hoping the worst case scenario is that he misses the Betis game but is back for the Atletico match.

Nothing has been confirmed as yet, I read that he will be doing gm work today and tomorrow and will train on Saturday, if there is no reaction then he could even be in the squad for the Betis game.

4. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Has it escaped everyone that a clean sheet was achieved? :eek: Not mentioned once afaik.

jfcule, manyfaces and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  6. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Doesn't surprise me too much really, only by the fact that Benfica were so wasteful.

We conceded 17 in our first 12 games under Tito, only 9 in the last 12. We're improving a lot defensively with the returns of Puyol, Pique, and Alves/Adriano.