PBP: UEFA CL | Matchday 4 | Celtic FC v FC Barcelona | 7 Nov 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Nov 7, 2012.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

according to this : http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2013/2009541_fr.pdf

you guys had possession of the ball for 47 seconds in the entire second half which is either a mistake on their behalf or a joke because its really impossible to do that ( it also explains the 11% total).

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Must be a mistake or a weird way to count possession. We dominated possession, but that's something else. Not that these stats mean THAT much anyway.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Dani Alves just spoke today on the subject of whether Barca should have a Plan B:
    "whenever we fail to win, the debate starts about whether we need a Plan B, but that makes no sense here, because we have our philosophy and our way of playing the game”, reminding reporters: “they tried to bring in a big striker a few seasons ago, but though there might be plenty of quality players around, very few fit Barça’s style of play. The solution is just make sure Plan A works better!"

Spot-on, Dani!

4. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow Rod Stewart who is on TV reckons that Celtic casn win the UEFA

Is he obviously drunk and has got cocaine in his system

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, that's not happening. Although Celtic did clinch the 2014-15 SPL title already which is quite impressive in its own right.

inswinger repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no but they scored as many;)

7. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
  8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unless we got a tall player who is also fast, like we had Eto'o for example

I still thnk Ibrahimovic should have been given a 2nd chance as well

Also have we got a speedy defender? as Masch is not and also I never knew Pique was 6F,4 inches tall

9. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ibra would probably be the last player in the world to be given another chance at Barca. In the 2nd half of the season he let his ego and laziness get in the way of doing anything productive other than score twice against Arsenal. Let alone what he said about Guardiola and the club in his "book". I respect your idea behind the comment, but there's too much friction.

I still wonder what a luxury it would have been to have Chygy here. He never really got a chance, and he made a few blunders (I think against Sevilla in the Copa Del Rey), and that was that. Although with Puyol and Pique in form it was never going to be the case that he'd get much playing time during that season.

Our speediest defender is named Alba, but he spends time going forward. Adriano and Abidal are also much faster than the rest IMO, but they are injured. I want to put this out there: I'm not convinced by Alves' performances this season.

10. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    ^ Agreed about Ibra. He didn't deserve a second chance in all honesty with the way he behaved after the CWC success to the end of the season. Nothing against him though, I wouldn't want Messi to get a second chance either if he behaved like that. No one is bigger than the club.

Chygrynskiy isn't even a starter for Shakhtar anymore. I think he just had one very good season that we decided to react on and sign him for big money but he's been very average since then. He would have been sold by now anyways if it wasn't for the debt problems like it was then.

11. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Ibrahimovic a 2nd chance? lol

12. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fair play. I see I said something stupid haha. Although I wonder if he had Pique and Puyol to learn from for these past few seasons if it would have helped him out? We'll never know but let's just say my suggestion was nonsense.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    IMO he hasn't been catastrophic, but yeah, agreed. That said, I trust he will improve. And I think he himself sees his performances this season as not good enough.

jfcule repped this.
  14. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did you see him today?

15. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    i'm not disputing his quality which is inmense, but he left in bad terms with the club plus is extremely egostistical.

btw that goal is one of the best goals I had ever seen, single-handedly crushed England and finish it with that beauty. Hats off to him.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You can also be pretty sure that he will never have a game like that in the Champions league knockout round. Or any game in the business end of the season. So yeah, lets not stress out about what could have been. Because it wouldn't have been.

Rattlehead repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nobody needs a self centered guy who hardly deliver anything in CL knockoutstage. 2 goals against Arsenal, what else? This guy actually prevent team from winning CL.

Unless you think 4 goals in friendly matters alot, especially against team that has 1 thropy in 100 years. What about 4 or 5 goals in CL or international tournament?

He already talked crap about Barca and keep proclaiming himself as best on the planet.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    One of which was purely down to Almunia who decided to take a stroll 30 yards outside of his net for no particular reason.