Alert: UEFA CL Group F Matchday 6: SSC Napoli (Home) vs. Arsenal FC (Away) @ Stadio San Paolo [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by JCNapoli17, Dec 9, 2013.

1. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't want them to play like this every time. I want them to build from it. That's what we all should want. We should continually want these eleven warriors, brave and bold, to improve every match. We should want Rafa to keep perfecting his lineup and tactics. I'm not going to go overboard and say this is a springboard to the scudetto, but this result was just as bit as important to the development and future of this club as the battle with Chelsea two years ago.

Mother********ers know who this club is and they should.

elvesuvio repped this.
  2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Well Inter plays off the backline... so having Higuain and Pandev harassing their defenders, who are probably just as inbred as ours, if not worse, they will make mistakes.

Cagliari you probably need another game plan

3. mcnulty

mcnulty Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Adl yesterday after the game the English media seem to be running misleading comments as ever.

Napoli’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis spoke to Sky Sport after his team’s win against Arsenal that didn’t suffice to qualify to the next round of the Champions League:”These 12 points say a lot, but this evening has we won playing poorly I would have been happy. Instead I’m even happier since we won while playing well and this let’s me know Rafa Benitez is working well, that the group can grow, and that with the right additions we can take a long journey. Now we need to lose this small club mentality of judging based on wins and losses, our work needs to judged in long run and I’m convinced that with these people we can make it”
    With this club and coach can the Europa League be an objective:”For me going directly into the Europa League at the end of a season becomes extremely tiring, it’s a waste of energy and loss of money, without being able to make the right additions. If instead you are in the Champions League and you go in the Europa League you can make a profit that is in addition to what you already earned in CL. Now we are focused on doing well in the 3 competitions. The goal keeper had never played, I tip my hat to Udinese. I want to win the most possible”

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    DeLa had feelings about the EL, he always felt it was a BS competition to dump into in group stages...

But if Napoli won a European trophy in Juventus stadium, that would be worth the trouble of the EL.

DeLa basically said, and I saw the tweet "It pains me we're out, but we went out with our heads held high, and I couldn't be more proud of the squad and Rafa"

buckitalian repped this.
  5. mcnulty

mcnulty Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Doesn't sound like he is unhappy far from it. I know it doesn't mean much as you don't get the points from the cl although 4 wins will earn you extra co-efficent points. But if you add up the 21 games you and Juventus have played 15 and 6 you only have two fewer points than Juventus in those games not too shabby when you look at the depth of squads and time Conte has had with his team. Although I am sure you would take the six extra points in the league now!.

6. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah... its Media BS, especially since DeLa tweeted he was happy with how Napoli played and he was very happy with what Rafa has been doing.

Rafa has backing from DeLa, if Rafa started to flirt with other Italian teams about coaching them, thats when DeLa will be a cheapass and make Rafa see out his contract.

7. pnoozi

pnoozi Member

Mar 20, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  8. mcnulty

mcnulty Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rafa is a loyal dude he turned down Real Madrid twice when he was at Liverpool and isn't a man to go chasing money. I reckon after dealing with shysters at Liverpool he likes the fact that your president is upfront and I think he realises more than ever that the people at boardroom level are very important and having trust both ways is essential.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NON È MAI SUCCESSO NELLA STORIA DELLA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHE UNA SQUADRA ESCE CON 12 PUNTI

10. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How did Napoli deserve it more than Arsenal?

Dortmund are the team who are lucky. Arsenal were in the strongest position in the final game
    because they deserved it and of all 3 teams were in the least danger by far.

Dortmund just about beat a weak Marseille team to scrape past the finishing line in the final 5 minutes.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Not to derail this thread too much but that's nonsense.

Being in the most favorable position going into the final game means nothing. There's no guarantees until the final leg has been played. Dortmund came into the game with a must-win mentality, and if it wasn't for some poor finishing on several possessions during the game, and a BS non-penalty call on Lewy then the score would have been much greater. In the end, we came out with a win so that's the bottom line.

Arsenal played the final game very pedestrian and complacent. Many top players like Özil had invisible impact. Arsenal's risk near the end was the result due to its passiveness, while Napoli showed much stronger drive to win.

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Arsenal snuck out a win against Dortmund where they had no business winning, moreso than the game at the Emirates where Dortmund snuck out a win.

If that game ends in a draw, Arsenal are bounced out.

Epitome990 repped this.
  13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    alright no more looking in the past we broke ours balls and it just so happend things didnt go our way.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  14. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ok now a few days have passed i feel that we made a mistake and the players should feel regret after watching the marseille game, we should have played for the 3-0 throughout, it was kind of crazy to rest our hopes on the dortmund score staying 1-1 when marseille have been so poor, If they had seen how the other game was going they would have never rested their hopes on the draw, and there again that bitch lady luck fcuked us over once more for letting marseille hold on for so long, if only dortmund had just put that game to bed in the 1st half or at lest just after we took the lead.
    psg went out with 12points in 1997, we're the 1st to go out with all even with the 2 that went through, keeping my fingers crossed for psg to get thrown out for that bullshit sponser they got where they're being payed back for the last 5 years, do uefa need anymore hints that psg are taking the piss? imagine sony for example sponsering us and paying us for the last 5 years too! clear financial doping
    dortmund kicked marseilles arse, they won by the same scoreline as napoli and arsenal did, its impossible to make a case for any of the 3 teams not deserving to go through when zenit went through with only 1 win.

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    not to keep ressurecting this thread but...

Greenpeace invaded the game

16. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Who the ******** is Christian?

17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the stewards moved in to take care of it, if that had been the ultras they would have pretended nothing as happening lol