PBP: UEFA CL 1/4, Leg 2 | Atlético Madrid CF v FC Barcelona | 9 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 6, 2014.

1. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've defended Martino for most of this season, but he got it shockingly wrong in both legs against Atletico after getting it mostly right against City.

In a match where goals were needed and there was no Diego Costa to worry about, starting Cesc in the forward line is the worst possible idea. The team played like cowards, and deserved a bad result.

I'd be really surprised if Martino is still FCB manager in August.

inswinger and evil_allan repped this.
  2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

He didn't get shiit right against City. City is a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde team just like Barcelona. They play a totally different football than AM or Chelsea etc. They gave Barcelona space AM didn't... Team might as well play without a coach. I haven't seen what Tata has brought to the team.. It's on the board though, they brought a puppet rather than a manager.

3. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Spain 2008-12 were a lot better than Barca minus Messi & Alves. Better defense, goalkeeper, and depth. Not to mention, comparing a NT to the best Barca team ever isn't exactly an insult in the first-place (you say it as if its an argument decider).

unclesox repped this.
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Anyway, its not the end of the world. Barca were probably not going to win the CL this season anyway with Pinto.

Still remains to be seen who gets the last laugh(s) this season between the top 3 La Liga teams. It could very well be Barca.

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol

condor11 and inswinger repped this.
  7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Believe me, AM will win the league beating or drawing Barcelona in the last game. That's how much having a will determines fate.

Barça looks lika having no will or faith this year... There is so much inconsistency in the team and individual players it's just weird. Also seeing Messi last night was baffling, a disgrace even. I hope he's benched against Granada... But honestly I don't think Tata has t balls. (But I understand, he was more or less appointed Thx to Messi and his father).

9. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I have yet to blame Pinto for anything this year. And yes he could have screwed up last night but in the end he didn't and he actually had some incredible reflexes

I can't think of a game where Pinto is responsible for losing or where his teammates had to repair due to his mistakes.

inswinger, unclesox and Forzabarca repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    lol That's a very optimistic view of things. He was pretty bad in both legs against Atleti. The difference between the teams was more than that, but just watching Pinto out there is why I couldn't see Barca going all the way. It was just a matter of time before one of his gifts burned Barca.

11. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    He has done nothing wrong

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So gifting the ball to the opposition while under no pressure and being lucky that they miss the resulting sitter isn't doing anything wrong? :confused:

13. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #413 waitforit, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    That didn't happen?

Barca received 2 goals and neither of them were his fault. So excuse me that I can't see why Pinto somehow is responsible for this elimination

What ifs are irrelevabnt because they don't affect the score

condor11 repped this.
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are you even reading my posts? I said the exact opposite (ie I said the difference in these 2 games was more than Pinto). But its just blind luck that Villa missed the sitter which would have meant 2 away goals and game-over. Then he got saved about 8 times by the post over the 2 legs. Hence my lack of confidence in seeing him lifting Barca to CL glory.

I'm still worried he's going to cost us La Liga, but at least there the competition is generally weaker so hopefully the other X guys on the field can give him more support.

15. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yeah but you said he was part of it. If a guy represents like 20% of something he is still partly responsible. For me he is 0% responsible. You sound like the guys who were blaming Lopez for the Sevila goals. And like i said he did nothing wrong until now.

This is nothing wrong:

So this woulda shoulda coulda is irrelevant. He didn't.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    "Didn't do anything wrong" and "didn't pay for his mistakes" are 2 different things. The simple fact that he made at least 2 really bad mistakes is equivalent to saying he did somethings wrong.

Lets put it this way: check the player ratings for these 2 games, I assure you Pinto's was pretty low. Probably not the lowest, but not great either.

Not irrelevant when weighing Barca's chances in future matches. If a player is playing badly and we know that he'll be playing every game for the rest of the season, its 100% relevant to Barca's chances of winning trophies.

17. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No it wasn't. He was missing sitters in his final season with Barca. ;)

inswinger repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How is players who come up 1 x 1 vs the goalie and hitting the post the goalies fault ? :confused:

He did have one almost huge fuk up yesterday by dribbling around in the box.

19. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Proud not so much of the players' performance but definitely of the traveling away fans after the match. Classy bunch representing the Culé Nation:

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  20. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For comparison purposes (some surprises):

Xavi: 11,8 km

Jordi Alba 11,5 km

Daniel Alves 10,8 km

Marc Bartra 10,7 km

Neymar 9,5 km

Messi: 6,8 km

Pinto: 5,3 km

Koke 12,2 km

Gabi 11,7 km

Raúl García 11,6 km

Tiago 11,3 km

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is there anything can be done about those laser pointers? this is redicolous and its been happening way too often now

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My guess is that if it hasn't really gotten that much attention, it's not really an issue for the players. I think with their focus on the field and the ball they don't even notice it.

24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah it's not like it heats up their faces or so. Even if it's directed in their eyes it's hard to notice it. What is more pathetic is fans that really think they can influence the players with these lasers. It's wasted time & money, it's just a toy outside lecture halls.

25. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Martino: "Iniesta subbed off on Wednesday? I thought he seemed tired. But maybe I was wrong..."

:thumbsdown:
    At least he admits it. Costly mistake to deprive Andres the chance at another Iniestazo.

puyol repped this.