PBP: UEFA CL 1/4, Leg 2 | Atlético Madrid CF v FC Barcelona | 9 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Best national team of all time = Brazil 58'

2. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    OR...Spain 2008-2012?

unclesox, evil_allan and Forzabarca repped this.
  3. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They probably edge Brazil 58 out

4. Sabin Rene Figaro

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Angers SCO
    Everyone will have their own opinions, with good arguments.
    Just to give my 2 cents.
    I think Pep's Barca was the best team ever and I can't help but imagine what Pep could have done with Neymar and if they had got Bale cheap a few years back instead of Alexis. Imagine that offence Ney-Messi-Bale.
    The best possible offence today, given that Cristina Penaldo would never play in a team with Messi because of his ego.

5. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bayern Munich. When (and yes, it's a matter of when unfortunately) Real Madrid wins "La Decima", we and the rest of Europe will never hear the end of it. The longer that takes, the better though.

unclesox and Dhajj repped this.
  6. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think it would have as much to do with Messi's ego honestly.

7. Sabin Rene Figaro

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Angers SCO
    no way mate, that team was Barca Minus Messi and Alves

8. Sabin Rene Figaro

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Angers SCO
    Yeah surely, what I'm saying is these two are mutually exclusive and Ronaldo could never be in my super-imaginary team, a team that was very viable and almost became a reality....

9. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agree with everyone else that I'd rather see Bayern do it. Barça of the past few years will always be in that discussion...for the magic on the field and the trophy count. If Bayern gets in that discussion, no problem...
    The more interesting question to me is would you rather see Chelsea/Mourinho or Real win the CL this year? I hate Mourinho so much...

10. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wouldn't be able to watch an LPB-Chelsea final :sick:

s7kru repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This teams needs Suarez. Dude has fire in his belly. I'd take him in a heart beat but I doubt Liverpool lets him go. It'd be easier if they weren't in the CL next year. He needs to bit someone again to be suspended for 20+ games and force his way out. :ROFLMAO:

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Me neither .... but a SF on the other hand ...

[​IMG]

13. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Man i would HATE to have to be forced to endure that. A Bayern-Atletico final would be great for watching tho

14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think this is whats going to end up to be. then us losing in the final.. which i wouldnt mind if they pulled a performance like the one they did today

Dhajj repped this.
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes totally subjective. Of course I believe the Ajax teams in the early 1970 s deserve consideration.

unclesox repped this.
  16. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Anyone but Chelshit and Shitinho.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd rather see Pep lifted his third thropy rather than Mou. Also, I hate Chelsea and RM equally but Mou factor actually makes me hate Chelsea a bit more.

18. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll that was a shocking performance...

I really thought you guys were going to etch this series out with your experience, but it wasn't meant to be..

ATL Madrid really came out like rabid dogs the first 20 mins and it paid off.

I was shocked to see how disjointed the defense was, more importantly how lazy messi was at times.... 6KM??? Seriously?

Anyways ATL Madrid winning the CL would be my second best choice ;)

19. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Despite how some Real fans behaved and knowing what will happen if they win I still slighty prefer Real. Sure it's a choice between a broken arm and a broken leg but still.... eat a bag of dildos Mourinho

20. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I guess it's time to accept that we are not the force we once were. Gone are the days when we would dominate every team in the world and reaching the semifinals in CL looked very easy. We have some glaring weakness in the team and we have failed to address them for several years now. As we failed to reinforce our team where it needed most, we are falling more and more behind as the competition to stay at the top is very hard.

Everything I want to say has been discussed in every Barca forums for several years now so I won't waste the time repeating them again. But if the FIFA ban is not lifted we must start playing Bartra as a starting CB and bench Mascherano. Mascherano is not a CB and it's very apparent when we face good opposition. Bartra-Pique will be my number one CB pairing for next season if we can't buy new CB.

Messi. I don't know what is happening with him. If he is saving himself for the WC and big matches only, then someone needs to tell himm that it's not as easy to turn off and turn on when you are playing against the best teams. His shot from outside the box, header, the shot from Neymar pass were all the chances where he would have atleast hit the target. I remember at Camp Nou he got the ball over the defence and he could have vollyed it but he wanted to take it down and the chance was gone, he did the same thing yesterday when Neymar was almost through the goal but on the rebound Messi tried to pull the ball back instead of smashing it with his right foot. Messi was terrible in both games and I think it's time for him to work hard again for the team. It also needs to be mentioned however, that Messi has always struggled against the bunker teams and I think may be it's something to do with our formation in these games which bring me to Tata.

It seemed Simeone was more prepared for the match than Tata was. He was slow to react to the Atletico pressure and we could have already been down to 3 goals if not for the woodwork. Tata gets criticized for playing Fabregas in these big matches but I understand his thinking. We can't play 3 in the middle anymore (Not Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta) as age has caught up on Xavi and he was not fast anyway while Busquets is one of the slowest DM in the world and Iniesta is not a sprinter as well. If Tata plays these 3 in midfield with 3 strikers, the chances of us getting run over by midfielders with pace through the middle and exposing our average defenders are very high. That is why he wants to play with four midfielders so that we can control the middfield more and have more cover in midfield to defend.

Pinto, Neymar, Bartra and Alba played good game while Xavi and Busquets were ok, but Messi, Iniesta and Fabregas sucked yesterday. Time to focus on the league (which I think we will win now) and cup final.

evil_allan and inswinger repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi and Iniesta has been great for many matches including against City or Real madrid , both at home and away, I disagree when someone said Messi didnt care about this game. I'd blamed Tata this time who's unable to find the way for his team to score against this AM side. 5 games already! are we going to blame it on one person?

When we lost to Chelsea, we're leading 2-0 in second leg (2-1 on aggregate) with Messi assisted the secondgoal, the team then conceided 2 more goals, and we're going to blame our forwards?

Ronaldo sucked on both El Classicos this season, you think RM fans would blame him if they're going to lose the league for second consecutive years?? are they going to ignore his 40+ goals? or are we going to forget Messi 38 goals + all his assists?

It was appearent that without Puyol, it's much easier for opponent to terrorize our defence, no matter who they are. There were times this year where we dropped 9 points in space of 2 months and its not against Real madrid or Atletico, which mean we're pretty much vulnurable against any side.

You could say we have 65 mins to hit back but the major problem is, if you conceided first in Champions league knockout stage, opponent will park the bus to death against Barcelona!

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While I prefer Pep's Bayern and Atletico, Mourinho beaten in the final by the team he just left behind , that would be pretty epic... and if we're going to secure the league title, I'm not going to be so bitter.

23. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    @Rattlehead

If your post on Messi was intended to me, then i think you got me wrong. What i meant is he can't try to turn on while playing against the big teams and turn off against the smaller teams. Doing so will make him less sharper in the big matches than he otherwise would have been.

I see that I was not clear enough. Anyway, that's exactly what can be said to the team as well, but Messi is the worst of them all. Strolling around the pitch, If defenders snatch the ball away from him then just stop running etc...

24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets hope they get each other in the semis then you wont have to?

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be Baleman vs. Robben.....